Lone B Rasmussen
Affiliation: National Food Institute
- The influence of early exposure to vitamin D for development of diseases later in lifeRamune Jacobsen
Institute of Preventive Medicine, Bispebjerg and Frederiksberg Hospitals a part of Copenhagen University Hospital, Nordre Fasanvej 57, DK 2000 Frederiksberg, Denmark
BMC Public Health 13:515. 2013..The present study includes an in-depth examination of the influence of exposure to vitamin D early in life for development of fractures of the wrist, arm and clavicle; obesity, and type 1 diabetes (T1D) during child- and adulthood...
- Serum selenium and selenoprotein P status in adult Danes - 8-year followupLone Banke Rasmussen
Department of Nutrition, National Food Institute, Technical University of Denmark, Mørkhøj Bygade 19, DK 2860 Søborg, Denmark
J Trace Elem Med Biol 23:265-71. 2009..It is concluded that selenium status in this Danish population is at an acceptable level. No major groups with regard to age, sex or lifestyle factors could be identified as being in risk for selenium deficiency...
- Iodine intake before and after mandatory iodization in Denmark: results from the Danish Investigation of Iodine Intake and Thyroid Diseases (DanThyr) studyLone B Rasmussen
Department of Nutrition, National Food Institute, Technical University of Denmark, Mørkhøj Bygade 19, DK L 2860 Søborg, Denmark
Br J Nutr 100:166-73. 2008..It is important to have a moderate milk intake to obtain a sufficient iodine intake in Denmark...
- Selenium status, thyroid volume, and multiple nodule formation in an area with mild iodine deficiencyLone Banke Rasmussen
Division of Nutrition, Department of Nutrition, National Food Institute, Technical University of Denmark, Mørkhøj Bygade 19, DK 2860 Søborg, Denmark
Eur J Endocrinol 164:585-90. 2011..Another objective was to examine the association between serum selenium concentration and prevalence of thyroid nodules...
- Validation of the Danish 7-day pre-coded food diary among adults: energy intake v. energy expenditure and recording lengthAnja Biltoft-Jensen
Department of Nutrition, National Food Institute, Technical University of Denmark, Søborg, Denmark
Br J Nutr 102:1838-46. 2009..This was, however, a result of under-reporting in the beginning and the end of the 7 d reporting. Together, the results indicate that EI was underestimated at group level and that a 7 d recording is preferable to a 4 d recording period...
- A cautious iodization programme bringing iodine intake to a low recommended level is associated with an increase in the prevalence of thyroid autoantibodies in the populationInge B Pedersen
Department of Endocrinology and Medicine, Aalborg Hospital, Aarhus University Hospital, AalborgEndocrine Unit, Medical Clinic I, Bispebjerg Hospital, CopenhagenResearch Centre for Prevention and Health, Glostrup University Hospital, GlostrupFaculty of Health Science, University of Copenhagen, CopenhagenDepartment of Gastroenterology, Slagelse Hospital, SlagelseDivision of Nutrition, National Food Institute, Copenhagen, Denmark
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 75:120-6. 2011..The effect of public iodization programmes on antibody prevalence is uncertain...
- Iodine content in bread and salt in Denmark after iodization and the influence on iodine intakeLone B Rasmussen
Department of Nutrition, Danish Institute for Food and Veterinary Research, Søborg, Denmark
Int J Food Sci Nutr 58:231-9. 2007..To measure the iodine content in bread and household salt in Denmark after mandatory iodine fortification was introduced and to estimate the increase in iodine intake due to the fortification...
- Randomized controlled trial of the effects of vitamin D–fortified milk and bread on serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentrations in families in Denmark during winter: the VitmaD studyKatja H Madsen
Division of Nutrition, National Food Institute, Technical University of Denmark, Mørkhøj Bygade 19, DK 2860 Søborg, Denmark
Am J Clin Nutr 98:374-82. 2013..Vitamin D intakes are lower than dietary recommendations in most populations, and thus, a low vitamin D status is widespread, especially during winter...
- Characteristics of misreporters of dietary intake and physical activityLone Banke Rasmussen
Department of Nutrition, Danish Institute for Food and Veterinary Research, Mørkhøj Bygade 19, DK 2860 Søborg, Denmark
Public Health Nutr 10:230-7. 2007..To characterise misreporters of energy intake (EI) and energy expenditure (EE)...
- Comparison of the Danish Physical Activity Questionnaire with a validated position and motion instrumentJeppe Matthiessen
Department of Nutrition, National Food Institute, Technical University of Denmark, Mørkhøj Bygade 19, 2860 Soborg, Denmark
Eur J Epidemiol 23:311-22. 2008....