- Psychiatric disorder as a first manifestation of cancer: a 10-year population-based studyMichael E Benros
National Centre for Register Based Research, University of Aarhus, Aarhus, Denmark
Int J Cancer 124:2917-22. 2009..Clinicians should be aware that first-onset psychiatric symptoms could be a sign of a yet undetected cancer...
- Autoimmune diseases and infections as risk factors for schizophreniaMichael E Benros
National Center for Register based Research, Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1262:56-66. 2012....
- Autoimmune diseases and severe infections as risk factors for schizophrenia: a 30-year population-based register studyMichael E Benros
National Center for Register based Research, University of Aarhus, Denmark
Am J Psychiatry 168:1303-10. 2011..The authors therefore investigated whether autoimmune diseases combined with exposures to severe infections may increase the risk of schizophrenia..
- Autoimmune diseases and severe infections as risk factors for mood disorders: a nationwide studyMichael E Benros
National Centre for Register Based Research, Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark2Mental Health Centre Copenhagen, University of Copenhagen, Faculty of Health Sciences, Copenhagen, Denmark
JAMA Psychiatry 70:812-20. 2013..These associations seem compatible with an immunologic hypothesis for the development of mood disorders in subgroups of patients. ..
- Schizophrenia in patients with atopic disorders with particular emphasis on asthma: a Danish population-based studyMichael S Pedersen
National Centre for Register Based Research, Aarhus University, Denmark
Schizophr Res 138:58-62. 2012..The aim of this study was to investigate whether atopic disorders in the individual or in a first-degree relative affect the risk of developing schizophrenia...