Ulla A Hvidtfeldt
- Quantifying mediating effects of endogenous estrogen and insulin in the relation between obesity, alcohol consumption, and breast cancerUlla A Hvidtfeldt
Social Medicine Section, Department of Public Health, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 21:1203-12. 2012..However, these potential mediating effects have not been formally quantified in a survival analysis setting...
- Amount and type of alcohol consumption and missing teeth among community-dwelling older adults: findings from the Copenhagen Oral Health Senior studyKaren Heegaard
Copenhagen Gerontological Oral Health Research Centre, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Public Health Dent 71:318-26. 2011..To study if an association between total weekly intake of alcohol, type-specific weekly alcohol intake, alcoholic beverage preference, and the number of teeth among older people exists...
- The Copenhagen Oral Health Senior Cohort: design, population and dental healthKaren M Heegaard
Copenhagen Gerontological Oral Health Research Centre, School of Dentistry, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Gerodontology 28:165-76. 2011..In order to study the way old age influence oral health, the Copenhagen Oral Health Senior Cohort (COHS) has been established...
- Alcohol intake and risk of coronary heart disease in younger, middle-aged, and older adultsUlla A Hvidtfeldt
Centre for Alcohol Research, National Institute of Public Health, University of Southern Denmark, Copenhagen, Denmark
Circulation 121:1589-97. 2010..This study examined whether the beneficial effect of alcohol on coronary heart disease depends on age...
- Are low Danish fertility rates explained by changes in timing of births?Ulla A Hvidtfeldt
Department of Public Health, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Scand J Public Health 38:426-33. 2010..In addition, we investigated whether such changes in timing explained the observed regional differences in the TFR(p) in Denmark...
- The relationship between body mass index and periodontitis in the Copenhagen City Heart StudyJohanne Kongstad
Periodontology Section, Department of Odontology, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Periodontol 80:1246-53. 2009..The present study analyzed the association between overweight/obesity and periodontitis assessed as clinical attachment loss (AL) and bleeding on probing (BOP) in a cross-sectional design...
- Quantification of the healthy worker effect: a nationwide cohort study among electricians in DenmarkLau C Thygesen
National Institute of Public Health, University of Southern Denmark, Copenhagen, Denmark
BMC Public Health 11:571. 2011..In this study we used the extensive registration of all Danish citizens to describe the magnitude of HWE among all Danish electricians and evaluated strategies for minimizing HWE bias of the association between occupation and mortality...