Nicolai B Foss
Affiliation: Hvidovre University Hospital
- Prediction of postoperative morbidity, mortality and rehabilitation in hip fracture patients: the cumulated ambulation scoreNicolai B Foss
Department of Anaesthesiology, Hvidovre University Hospital, Copenhagen DK 2650, Denmark
Clin Rehabil 20:701-8. 2006..To validate the cumulated ambulation score as an early postoperative predictor of short-term outcome in hip fracture patients...
- The effects of liberal versus restrictive transfusion thresholds on ambulation after hip fracture surgeryNicolai B Foss
Department of Anesthesia, Hvidovre University Hospital, Denmark
Transfusion 49:227-34. 2009..Perioperative anemia leads to increased morbidity and mortality and potentially inhibits rehabilitation after hip fracture surgery. As such, the optimum transfusion threshold after hip fracture surgery is unknown...
- Impact of surgical complications on length of stay after hip fracture surgeryNicolai B Foss
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hvidovre University Hospital, Denmark
Injury 38:780-4. 2007..Data suggest that surgical complications requiring reoperation may lead to an excessively long in-patient stays. However, the overall impact of surgical complications has not been examined in detail...
- Fascia iliaca compartment blockade for acute pain control in hip fracture patients: a randomized, placebo-controlled trialNicolai B Foss
Department of Anesthesiology, Hvidovre University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Anesthesiology 106:773-8. 2007..Pain treatment is traditionally based on systemic opioids. No study has examined the effect of fascia iliaca compartment blockade (FICB) in acute hip fracture pain management within a double-blind, randomized setup...
- Postoperative pain after hip fracture is procedure specificN B Foss
Department of Anesthesiology, Rigshospitalet Copenhagen University, Copenhagen DK 2100, Denmark
Br J Anaesth 102:111-6. 2009..Hip fracture patients experience high pain levels during postoperative rehabilitation. The role of surgical technique on postoperative pain has not been evaluated previously...
- Risk factors for insufficient perioperative oral nutrition after hip fracture surgery within a multi-modal rehabilitation programmeNicolai B Foss
Department of Anaesthesia, Hvidovre University Hospital, Denmark
Age Ageing 36:538-43. 2007....
- Anaemia impedes functional mobility after hip fracture surgeryNicolai B Foss
Department of Anaesthesia, Hvidovre University Hospital, Hvidovre, Denmark
Age Ageing 37:173-8. 2008..We therefore conducted a prospective study to establish whether anaemia affected functional mobility in the early post-operative phase after a hip fracture surgery...
- Timed "up & go" test as a predictor of falls within 6 months after hip fracture surgeryMorten T Kristensen
Department of Physiotherapy, Hvidovre University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Phys Ther 87:24-30. 2007..The purpose of this study was to determine whether TUG scores obtained upon discharge from an acute orthopedic hip fracture unit can predict falls in people with hip fracture during a 6-month follow-up period...
- Liberal versus restrictive fluid management in knee arthroplasty: a randomized, double-blind studyKathrine Holte
Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, Hvidovre University Hospital, Hvidovre, Denmark
Anesth Analg 105:465-74. 2007..In this study we investigated the effects of two levels of intravascular fluid administration ("liberal" versus "restrictive") in knee arthroplasty on physiological recovery as the primary outcome variable...
- In-hospital hip fractures: prevalence, risk factors and outcomeNicolai B Foss
Department of Anaesthesia, Hvidovre University Hospital, Copenhagen DK 2650, Denmark
Age Ageing 34:642-5. 2005