Affiliation: Herning Hospital
- Low back pain in military recruits in relation to social background and previous low back pain. A cross-sectional and prospective observational surveyLise Hestbaek
The Back Research Center, University of Southern Denmark and Hospital of Fynen, Lindevej 5, 5750 Ringe, Denmark
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 6:25. 2005..This study focuses on the importance of social background factors and previous low back pain in the development of low back pain in military recruits...
- Can custom-made biomechanic shoe orthoses prevent problems in the back and lower extremities? A randomized, controlled intervention trial of 146 military conscriptsKristian Larsen
Researcher, The Medical Research Unit, Ringkjøbing County, Ringkjøbing, Denmark
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 25:326-31. 2002..One review concludes that the former is clinically effective in relation to prevention, whereas the latter has been tested in only 1 randomized clinical trial, concluding that stress fractures could be prevented...
- Can passive prone extensions of the back prevent back problems? A randomized, controlled intervention trial of 314 military conscriptsKristian Larsen
Medical Research Unit in Ringkjøbing County, Denmark
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 27:2747-52. 2002..Back schools may be effective in treating back problems, but there is conflicting evidence of the effect on prevention...
- Interprofessional undergraduate clinical learning: results from a three year project in a Danish Interprofessional Training UnitFlemming Jacobsen
Interprofessional Training Unit, Clinic of Orthopaedics, Holstebro Regional Hospital, Denmark corrected
J Interprof Care 23:30-40. 2009..All this took place in a secure learning environment in which new methods of coordinating and integrating clinical and theoretical interprofessional learning were developed and tested...
- Danish research-active clinical nurses overcome barriers in research utilizationLis Adamsen
The University Hospitals Centre for Nursing and Care Research, Rigshospitalet, Department 7331, Copenhagen, Denmark
Scand J Caring Sci 17:57-65. 2003..A further aim was to identify the most significant barriers faced by a group of Danish clinical nurses in their use of research...
- Moving forward in a role as a researcher: the effect of a research method course on nurses' research activityLis Adamsen
University Hospital Centre for Nursing and Care Research, Copenhagen O, Denmark
J Clin Nurs 12:442-50. 2003....
- [Learning of house officers: from studies to practice]Ann Helen Henriksen
H S Postgraduate Medicinske Institut, H S Bispebjerg Hospital, DK 2400 København NV
Ugeskr Laeger 165:3410-3. 2003
- Coping and back problems: analysis of multiple data sources on an entire cross-sectional cohort of Swedish military recruitsCharlotte Leboeuf-Yde
The Back Research Center, Part of Clinical Locomotion Science, University of Southern Denmark, Lindevej 5, DK 5750 Ringe, Denmark
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 7:39. 2006..The two outcome variables were back problems and ill health. In particular, we wanted to determine whether controlling for coping would affect the associations between the other four independent variables and the two outcome variables...
- Coping and back problems: a prospective observational study of Danish military recruitsKristian Larsen
The Musculoskeletal Research Unit, Orthopaedic Department, Ringkøbing County, Holstebro Hospital, Holstebro, Denmark
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 29:619-25. 2006....
- Difficulties in avoiding exposure to allergens in cosmeticsEline Noiesen
National Allergy Research Centre, Copenhagen University Hospital Gentofte, 2820 Gentofte, Denmark
Contact Dermatitis 57:105-9. 2007..Reading of ingredient labels is a major problem for patients with contact allergy to allergens in consumer products. It is a general problem for all patients and not restricted to a small group with multiple allergies...
- Embodied dispositions or experience? Identifying new patterns of professional competenceVibeke Rischel
Copenhagen University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Adv Nurs 61:512-21. 2008..This paper is a report of a study to explore nurses' competence as revealed during an admission assessment...