Lars I Hellgren
- Effects of butter from mountain-pasture grazing cows on risk markers of the metabolic syndrome compared with conventional Danish butter: a randomized controlled studyLouise B Werner
Department of Nutrition, Exercise and Sports, Faculty of Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Frederiksberg 1958, Denmark
Lipids Health Dis 12:99. 2013..This may be due to a higher content of bioactive components, such as phytanic acid, a PPAR-agonist derived from chlorophyll. However, the effects of such products on human health have been poorly investigated...
- Phytanic acid stimulates glucose uptake in a model of skeletal muscles, the primary porcine myotubesBrita N Che
Department of Food Science, Aarhus University, Blichers alle 20, Tjele, 8830, Denmark
Lipids Health Dis 12:14. 2013....
- Effect of dairy fat on plasma phytanic acid in healthy volunteers - a randomized controlled studyLouise B Werner
Department of Human Nutrition, Faculty of Life, University of Copenhagen, Frederiksberg 1958, Denmark
Lipids Health Dis 10:95. 2011....
- Phytanic acid--an overlooked bioactive fatty acid in dairy fat?Lars I Hellgren
Center for Biological Sequence Analysis and Center for Advanced Food Studies, Department of System Biology, Technical University of Denmark, Lyngby, Denmark
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1190:42-9. 2010..However, certain individuals, with specific single-nucleotide polymorphisms in the gene for the enzyme alpha-methylacyl-CoA racemase, might be susceptible to raised phytanic acid levels...
- CD4(+) T-cell activation is differentially modulated by bacteria-primed dendritic cells, but is generally down-regulated by n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acidsSusanne Brix
Nutritional Immunology Group, Center for Biological Sequence Analysis, Department of Systems Biology, Technical University of Denmark, Lyngby, Denmark
Immunology 129:338-50. 2010....