Daniel G Smith
Affiliation: H. Lundbeck A/S
- Melanin-concentrating hormone-1 receptor modulates neuroendocrine, behavioral, and corticolimbic neurochemical stress responses in miceDaniel G Smith
Neuroscience Discovery Research, Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 31:1135-45. 2006..Distinct behavioral, physiological, and neurochemical stress, and anxiety-related responses were selectively modulated by the MCHR1, and these actions may involve corticolimbic regulation of stress responsivity and anxiety...
- Behavioral and biochemical responses to d-amphetamine in MCH1 receptor knockout miceDaniel G Smith
Eli Lilly and Company, Neuroscience Discovery Research, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285, USA
Synapse 62:128-36. 2008....
- The effects of stressful stimuli and hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis activation are reversed by the melanin-concentrating hormone 1 receptor antagonist SNAP 94847 in rodentsDaniel G Smith
Department of Neuroscience, Lundbeck Research USA, 215 College Road, Paramus, NJ 07652, United States
Behav Brain Res 197:284-91. 2009..The regulation of ACTH release and reversal of the effects of chronic and acute stress by SNAP 94847 are suggestive of a role for MCH(1) receptor blockade in the treatment of disorders characterized by high allostatic load...
- Exposure to predator odor stress increases efflux of frontal cortex acetylcholine and monoamines in mice: comparisons with immobilization stress and reversal by chlordiazepoxideDaniel G Smith
Neuroscience Discovery Research, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, IN 46278, USA
Brain Res 1114:24-30. 2006..Overall, we demonstrate a novel method to measure the effects of distinctly different stress modalities on FC neurotransmission and suggest that FC responsivity to stressors may be an important marker for evaluating anxiolytic drugs...
- Mesolimbic dopamine super-sensitivity in melanin-concentrating hormone-1 receptor-deficient miceDaniel G Smith
Neuroscience Discovery Research, Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285, USA
J Neurosci 25:914-22. 2005..MCH1r may be an important therapeutic target for neuropsychiatric disorders involving dysregulation of limbic monoamine systems...