Affiliation: H. Lundbeck A/S
- In vivo muscarinic cholinergic mediated effects of Lu 25-109, a M1 agonist and M2/M3 antagonist in vitroC Sanchez
Pharmacological Research, H Lundbeck A S, Copenhagen, Denmark
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 137:233-40. 1998..In conclusion, the drug discrimination studies suggest a unique activity profile of Lu 25-109, and the in vivo profile suggests none or a very low frequency of unwanted cholinergic mediated effects...
- Depression and poor sleep: the effect of monoaminergic antidepressants in a pre-clinical model in ratsConnie Sanchez
Neuroscience, Lundbeck Research USA Inc, Paramus, NJ 07652 1431, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 86:468-76. 2007..7 mg/kg also modulated the noradrenaline system. Thus, in this animal model, the enhancement of noradrenergic activity is more disruptive on the sleep architecture than enhancement of serotonergic activity...
- The pharmacology of citalopram enantiomers: the antagonism by R-citalopram on the effect of S-citalopramConnie Sanchez
H Lundbeck A S, Neuropharmacological Research, Ottiliavej 9, DK 2500 Valby, Copenhagen, Denmark
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 99:91-5. 2006....
- Escitalopram versus citalopram: the surprising role of the R-enantiomerConnie Sanchez
Research and Development, H Lundbeck A S, Ottiliavej 9, 2500 Valby Copenhagen, Denmark
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 174:163-76. 2004..e. containing the same amount of the S-enantiomer, showed better effect for escitalopram. These results suggested that the R-citalopram in citalopram inhibits the effect of the S-enantiomer...
- R-citalopram inhibits functional and 5-HTP-evoked behavioural responses to the SSRI, escitalopramConnie Sanchez
Neuropharmacological Research, H Lundbeck, Ottiliavej 9, DK 2500 Valby, Copenhagen, Denmark
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 77:391-8. 2004..The mechanism involved in this interaction is currently unknown, but may be related to an improved clinical effect seen with escitalopram in comparison with citalopram...
- R-citalopram counteracts the antidepressant-like effect of escitalopram in a rat chronic mild stress modelC Sanchez
Neuropharmacological Research, H Lundbeck A S, Copenhagen Valby, Denmark
Behav Pharmacol 14:465-70. 2003....
- R-citalopram counteracts the effect of escitalopram in a rat conditioned fear stress model of anxietyConnie Sanchez
Neuropharmacological Research, H Lundbeck A S, Copenhagen Valby, Denmark
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 75:903-7. 2003..The finding that R-citalopram inhibits the effect of escitalopram may be relevant to the improved clinical efficacy seen with escitalopram compared to R,S-citalopram in the treatment of anxiety and depression...
- Escitalopram, the S-(+)-enantiomer of citalopram, is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor with potent effects in animal models predictive of antidepressant and anxiolytic activitiesC Sanchez
Research Laboratories, H Lundbeck A S, Ottiliavej 9, 2500 Copenhagen, Denmark
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 167:353-62. 2003..The pharmacological profile of escitalopram, the S-(+)-enantiomer of citalopram, was studied and compared with citalopram and the R-(-)-enantiomer, R-citalopram...
- R-citalopram attenuates anxiolytic effects of escitalopram in a rat ultrasonic vocalisation modelConnie Sanchez
Neuropharmacological Research, H Lundbeck A S, Ottiliavej 9, DK 2500 Copenhagen Valby, Denmark
Eur J Pharmacol 464:155-8. 2003..Furthermore, R-citalopram attenuated the effect of escitalopram. These findings may be relevant to the enhanced clinical efficacy seen with escitalopram compared to citalopram...
- Stress-induced vocalisation in adult animals. A valid model of anxiety?Connie Sanchez
Neuropharmacology Research, H Lundbeck A S, Ottiliavej 9, DK 2500 Copenhagen Valby, Denmark
Eur J Pharmacol 463:133-43. 2003..There is also a need for further studies of how changes in stress-axis function may modulate ultrasonic vocalisation and for studies of the effects of chronic drug treatment on ultrasonic vocalisation...
- N-ethoxycarbonyl-2-ethoxy-1,2-dihydroquinoline studies on the role of 5-HT1A and 5-HT2 receptors in mediating foot-shock-induced ultrasonic vocalisation in adult ratsC Sanchez
Pharmacological Research, H Lundbeck A S, Copenhagen Valby, Denmark
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 9:287-94. 1999..However, the function of 5-HT1A and 5-HT2 receptors in this model seems to differ as vocalisation was preserved after protection of 5-HT2 but not 5-HT1A receptors...
- The selective sigma2 ligand Lu 28-179 has an antidepressant-like profile in the rat chronic mild stress model of depressionC Sanchez
Pharmacological Research, Copenhagen, Denmark
Behav Pharmacol 11:117-24. 2000..However, this effect was confounded by decreased intake in the vehicle controls. Lu 28-179 did not affect sucrose intake in non-stressed rats at any of the doses tested...
- In-vivo assessment of 5-HT2A and 5-HT2C antagonistic properties of newer antipsychoticsC Sanchez
Neuropharmacology Department, H Lundbeck A S, Valby, Denmark
Behav Pharmacol 11:291-8. 2000..The ratio between in vivo inhibitory potencies at 5-HT2A and 5-HT2C receptors did not correlate with corresponding ratios from in-vitro affinity and ex-vivo occupancy studies in the literature...
- Lack of generalisation between the GABAA receptor agonist, gaboxadol, and allosteric modulators of the benzodiazepine binding site in the rat drug discrimination procedureSigne Michelsen
Department of Neuropharmacology, H Lundbeck A S, Ottiliavej 9, 2500, Copenhagen, Valby, Denmark
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 193:151-7. 2007....
- R-citalopram functionally antagonises escitalopram in vivo and in vitro: evidence for kinetic interaction at the serotonin transporterSigne I Storustovu
Department of Electrophysiology, H Lundbeck A S, 9 Ottiliavej, Valby DK 2500, Denmark
Br J Pharmacol 142:172-80. 2004..6. We propose that the kinetic interaction of R- and S-citalopram with SERT is a critical factor contributing to the antagonistic effects of R-citalopram on S-citalopram in vitro and in vivo...
- Lu AA21004, a novel multimodal antidepressant, produces regionally selective increases of multiple neurotransmitters--a rat microdialysis and electrophysiology studyAlan L Pehrson
Lundbeck Research USA, 215 College Rd, Paramus, NJ 07652, USA
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 23:133-45. 2013..In conclusion, Lu AA21004, acting via two pharmacological modalities, 5-HT receptor modulation and SERT inhibition, results in a brain region-dependent increase of multiple neurotransmitter concentrations...
- Anticonvulsant and antiepileptogenic effects of GABAA receptor ligands in pentylenetetrazole-kindled miceSuzanne L Hansen
Department of Neuropharmacology, H Lundbeck A S, Ottiliavej 9, DK 2500 Copenhagen Valby, Denmark
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 28:105-13. 2004....
- Gaboxadol -- a different hypnotic profile with no tolerance to sleep EEG and sedative effects after repeated daily dosingBjarke Ebert
H Lundbeck A S, Ottiliavej 9, DK 2500 Valby, Denmark
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 90:113-22. 2008..Withdrawal from gaboxadol, zolpidem and indiplon did not affect the seizure threshold to bicuculline. Gaboxadol's apparent rapid development of tolerance in the rotarod assay appears to be kinetically determined...
- Vortioxetine (Lu AA21004), a novel multimodal antidepressant, enhances memory in ratsArne Mørk
Department of Synaptic Transmission 1, H Lundbeck A S, Ottiliavej 9, 2500 Copenhagen Valby, Denmark
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 105:41-50. 2013..In conclusion, vortioxetine enhanced contextual and episodic memory in rat behavioral models. Further demonstration of its potential effect on memory functions in clinical settings is warranted...
- The effects of combining serotonin reuptake inhibition and 5-HT7 receptor blockade on circadian rhythm regulation in rodentsLigia Westrich
Lundbeck Research USA, 215 College Avenue, Paramus, NJ 07652, USA
Physiol Behav 110:42-50. 2013....
- An allosteric binding site at the human serotonin transporter mediates the inhibition of escitalopram by R-citalopram: kinetic binding studies with the ALI/VFL-SI/TT mutantHuailing Zhong
Department of Biological Research, Lundbeck Research USA, Paramus, NJ 07652, USA
Neurosci Lett 462:207-12. 2009....
- Serotonergic modulation of glutamate neurotransmission as a strategy for treating depression and cognitive dysfunctionAlan L Pehrson
External Sourcing and Scientific Excellence, Lundbeck Research USA, Inc, Paramus, New Jersey, USA
CNS Spectr 19:121-33. 2014....
- Levetiracetam attenuates hippocampal expression of synaptic plasticity-related immediate early and late response genes in amygdala-kindled ratsKenneth V Christensen
Dept of Molecular Biology, Discovery Biology Research, H, Lundbeck A S, DK 2500 Valby, Denmark
BMC Neurosci 11:9. 2010..Furthermore, effects of the anti-epileptic drug levetiracetam on kindling-induced gene expression were examined...
- Rotarod studies in the rat of the GABAA receptor agonist gaboxadol: lack of ethanol potentiation and benzodiazepine cross-toleranceJeppe Voss
Department of Neuropharmacology, H Lundbeck A S, Ottiliavej 9, DK 2500 Valby, Denmark
Eur J Pharmacol 482:215-22. 2003..No cross-tolerance was observed, indicating that the motor coordination effects observed with gaboxadol and zolpidem may arise from interaction with different receptor populations...
- EEG measurements by means of radiotelemetry after intracerebroventricular (ICV) cannulation in rodentsVanessa Vogel
Department of Neuropharmacology, H Lundbeck A S, 9 Ottiliavej, 2500 Valby, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Neurosci Methods 118:89-96. 2002..The present study has demonstrated that ICV cannulation can be used effectively in studying the effects of pharmacological agents on the sleep-wake cycle of rodents by measuring EEG and EMG by radiotelemetry...
- Ibotenic acid and thioibotenic acid: a remarkable difference in activity at group III metabotropic glutamate receptorsMette B Hermit
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, The Danish University of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2 Universitetsparken, Copenhagen, DK 2100, Denmark
Eur J Pharmacol 486:241-50. 2004..These studies demonstrate how subtle differences in chemical structures can result in profound differences in pharmacological activity...