N B Foss
- Mortality analysis in hip fracture patients: implications for design of future outcome trialsN B Foss
Department of Anaesthesia and Orthopaedic Surgery, Hvidovre University Hospital, Copenhagen DK 2650, Denmark
Br J Anaesth 94:24-9. 2005..The purpose of this prospective study was to analyse causes of mortality, and thereby the potential and limitations to decrease mortality after hip fracture surgery...
- Hidden blood loss after surgery for hip fractureN B Foss
Hvidovre University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Bone Joint Surg Br 88:1053-9. 2006..We conclude that total blood loss after surgery for hip fracture is much greater than that observed intra-operatively. Frequent post-operative measurements of haemoglobin are necessary to avoid anaemia...
- Post-operative rounds by anaesthesiologists after hip fracture surgery: a pilot studyN B Foss
Department of Anaesthesia, Hvidovre University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 50:437-42. 2006..The early phase of rehabilitation could potentially be optimized through a multidisciplinary effort between anaesthesiologists and orthopaedic surgeons...
- Short-term mortality in hip fracture patients admitted during weekends and holidaysN B Foss
Department of Anaesthesia, Hvidovre University Hospital, DK 2650 Copenhagen, Denmark
Br J Anaesth 96:450-4. 2006..We therefore examined early postoperative mortality in hip fracture patients admitted during weekends and holiday periods, compared with normal weekdays...
- Effect of postoperative epidural analgesia on rehabilitation and pain after hip fracture surgery: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialNicolai Bang Foss
Departments of Anaesthesiology and Orthopaedic Surgery, Hvidovre University Hospital, DK 2650 Copenhagen, Denmark
Anesthesiology 102:1197-204. 2005..No studies exist on the effect of postoperative epidural analgesia on pain and rehabilitation after hip fracture surgery...
- [Timed Up and Go and New Mobility Score as predictors of function six months after hip fracture]Morten Tange Kristensen
H S Hvidovre Hospital, Fysioterapien, Anaestesiologisk og ortopaedkirurgisk afdeling, og H S Rigshospitalet, Sektion for Kirurgisk Patofysiologi 4074, Juliane Marie Centret
Ugeskr Laeger 167:3297-300. 2005..We did a study to validate the Timed Up & Go (TUG) and New Mobility Score (NMS) as predictors of functional mobility, functional level, change of residence and home aid, six months after hip fracture...
- [Fast-tracking admission from emergency room to orthopaedic ward in hip fracture patients]Pia Søe Jensen
Hvidovre Hospital, ortopaedkirurgisk afdeling, Hvidovre
Ugeskr Laeger 169:808-12. 2007..The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of an optimised admission protocol on the time spent in the A&E in an already established multimodal rehabilitation program...
- Acute cognitive dysfunction after hip fracture: frequency and risk factors in an optimized, multimodal, rehabilitation programM S Bitsch
Department of Anesthesiology, Hvidovre University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 50:428-36. 2006....
- Liberal or restrictive fluid administration in fast-track colonic surgery: a randomized, double-blind studyK Holte
Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, Hvidovre University Hospital, DK 2650 Hvidovre, Denmark
Br J Anaesth 99:500-8. 2007..Therefore, we investigated the effects of two regimens of intraoperative fluids with physiological recovery as the primary outcome measure after fast-track colonic surgery...
- Influence of surgeon's experience and supervision on re-operation rate after hip fracture surgeryHenrik Palm
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Copenhagen University Hospital of Hvidovre, Denmark
Injury 38:775-9. 2007..To investigate the influence of the performing surgeon's experience and degree of supervision on re-operation rate among patients admitted with a proximal femoral fracture (PFF)...
- High inter-tester reliability of the new mobility score in patients with hip fractureMorten Tange Kristensen
Department of Health Sciences, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
J Rehabil Med 40:589-91. 2008..To assess the inter-tester reliability of the New Mobility Score in patients with acute hip fracture...