Birgitte R Diness
- Effect of high-dose vitamin A supplementation on the immune response to Bacille Calmette-Guerin vaccineBirgitte R Diness
Bandim Health Project, INDEPTH Network, Bissau, Guinea Bissau
Am J Clin Nutr 86:1152-9. 2007..Bacille Calmette-Guérin (BCG) vaccine is given at birth in tuberculosis-endemic countries. Previous studies suggest that VAS may influence the immune response to vaccines...
- The effect of high-dose vitamin A supplementation given with bacille Calmette-Guérin vaccine at birth on infant rotavirus infection and diarrhea: a randomized prospective study from Guinea-BissauBirgitte Rode Diness
Bandim Health Project, INDEPTH Network, Guinea Bissau
J Infect Dis 202:S243-51. 2010..Prophylactic vitamin A supplementation (VAS) reduces mortality and may reduce morbidity associated with diarrhea in children >6 months of age. Rotavirus is the most common cause of acute dehydrating diarrhea among children worldwide...
- The effect of high-dose vitamin A supplementation at birth on measles incidence during the first 12 months of life in boys and girls: an unplanned study within a randomised trialBirgitte R Diness
Bandim Health Project, INDEPTH Network, Bissau, Guinea Bissau, West Africa
Br J Nutr 105:1819-22. 2011..VAS at birth may affect the susceptibility to measles infection during the first 6 months of life in a sex-differential manner. ..
- The impact of different doses of vitamin A supplementation on male and female mortality. A randomised trial from Guinea-BissauDorthe Yakymenko
Bandim Health Project, INDEPTH Network, Apartado 861, Bissau, Guinea Bissau
BMC Pediatr 11:77. 2011..We aimed to test these observations...
- Doxycycline treatment of Brugia malayi-infected persons reduces microfilaremia and adverse reactions after diethylcarbamazine and albendazole treatmentTaniawati Supali
Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Indonesia, Jakarta, Indonesia
Clin Infect Dis 46:1385-93. 2008..We assessed whether doxycycline alone or in combination with diethylcarbamazine-albendazole would lead to sustained amicrofilaremia and reduced incidence of adverse reactions...