Affiliation: Danish Institute of Agricultural Sciences
- Growth hormone and mammary developmentK Sejrsen
Danish Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Foulum, Tjele, Denmark
Domest Anim Endocrinol 17:117-29. 1999....
- High body weight gain and reduced bovine mammary growth: physiological basis and implications for milk yield potentialK Sejrsen
Department of Animal Nutrition and Physiology, Danish Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Foulum, PO Box 50, DK 8830, Tjele, Denmark
Domest Anim Endocrinol 19:93-104. 2000..However, the sensitivity of mammary tissue to IGF-I is reduced by high feeding level, probably due to the action of locally produced binding proteins and/or growth factors...
- Cell turnover and activity in mammary tissue during lactation and the dry period in dairy cowsM T Sorensen
Department of Animal Health, Welfare and Nutrition, Danish Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Research Centre Foulum, PO Box 50, DK 8830, Tjele, Denmark
J Dairy Sci 89:4632-9. 2006..The activity of selected enzymes central for milk synthesis is probably not limiting for milk production...
- Cellular mechanisms in regulating mammary cell turnover during lactation and dry period in dairy cowsJ V Nørgaard
Department of Animal Health, Welfare and Nutrition, University of Aarhus, PO Box 50, DK 8830, Tjele, Denmark
J Dairy Sci 91:2319-27. 2008....
- Role of suckling in regulating cell turnover and onset and maintenance of lactation in individual mammary glands of sowsP K Theil
Department of Animal Health, Welfare and Nutrition, Danish Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Research Centre Foulum, P O Box 50, DK 8830 Tjele, Denmark
J Anim Sci 84:1691-8. 2006..Furthermore, a high prolactin receptor transcription and a low IGFBP-5 transcription seem important for maintaining a functional mammary gland during lactation...
- Effects of growth hormone and feeding level on endocrine measurements, hormone receptors, muscle growth and performance of prepubertal heifersM Vestergaard
Department of Animal Nutrition and Physiology, Danish Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Foulum, DK 8830 Tjele, Denmark
J Anim Sci 81:2189-98. 2003..The results suggest that in skeletal muscle, the anabolic effects of exogenous GH are related to endocrine changes in the GH-IGF axis, whereas the effects of feeding level also seem to rely on IGF receptor density in the muscles...
- Mammary cell turnover and enzyme activity in dairy cows: effects of milking frequency and diet energy densityJ Nørgaard
Danish Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Research Centre Foulum, PO Box 50, DK 8830 Tjele, Denmark
J Dairy Sci 88:975-82. 2005....
- Milk production, nutrient utilization, and endocrine responses to increased postruminal lysine and methionine supply in dairy cowsL Misciatteilli
Danish Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Animal Nutrition and Physiology, P O Box 50, DK 8830 Tjele, Denmark
J Dairy Sci 86:275-86. 2003..44) and partially with low plasma nonesterified fatty acids concentration and insulin levels (r = -0.26), while body weight gain was negatively correlated (r = -0.33) with elevated plasma bovine somatotropin concentrations...
- Expression of genes involved in regulation of cell turnover during milk stasis and lactation rescue in sow mammary glandsP K Theil
Department of Animal Health, Welfare, and Nutrition, Danish Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Research Centre Foulum, Tjele, Denmark
J Anim Sci 83:2349-56. 2005..Glands that were not suckled for 1 d could be rescued, although their subsequent productivity was lower, whereas glands not suckled for 3 d could not be rescued...
- Differential effects of retinoids on proliferation of bovine mammary epithelial cells in collagen gel cultureS Purup
Department of Animal Nutrition and Physiology, Danish Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Research Centre Foulum, Tjele
J Dairy Res 68:157-64. 2001..It is suggested that retinoids may have concentration-dependent roles in regulation of pubertal mammary growth and development, indicating that the milk yield potential of heifers may be affected by vitamin A status...
- Leptin does not act directly on mammary epithelial cells in prepubertal dairy heifersS R Thorn
Department of Animal Science, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY14853, USA
J Dairy Sci 89:1467-77. 2006..In conclusion, elevated planes of nutrition increase leptin synthesis in mammary stroma, but leptin does not act directly on bovine mammary epithelial cells...
- Effect of feeding prepubertal heifers with a high oil diet on mammary development and milk productionC Thibault
Dairy and Swine Research and Development Centre, Agriculture Agri Food Canada, P O Box 90, 2000 Route 108 East, Lennoxville, Quebec, J1M 1Z3, Canada
J Dairy Sci 86:2320-6. 2003..In conclusion, feeding prepubertal heifers with a high oil concentrate slightly improved the mammary development but effects were too small to be translated into better lactating performances...
- Structural characterization of the fibroblast growth factor-binding protein purified from bovine prepartum mammary gland secretionR Lametsch
Protein Chemistry Laboratory, Department of Molecular and Structural Biology, University of Aarhus, Science Park, Gustav Wieds Vej 10, DK 8000 Aarhus
J Biol Chem 275:19469-74. 2000..As the 10 cysteines of the three known FGF-BPs are positionally conserved, the disulfide bond pattern of bovine FGF-BP may be regarded as representative for the FGF-BP family...
- Use of an immortalized bovine mammary epithelial cell line (MAC-T) to measure the mitogenic activity of extracts from heifer mammary tissue: effects of nutrition and ovariectomyS D K Berry
Department of Dairy Science, Virginia Tech, 2080 Litton Reaves Hall, Blacksburg, VA 24060, USA
Domest Anim Endocrinol 25:245-53. 2003....