Affiliation: Danish Cancer Society
- Time trends in brain tumor incidence rates in Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden, 1974-2003Isabelle Deltour
Institute of Cancer Epidemiology, Danish Cancer Society, Strandboulevarden 49, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
J Natl Cancer Inst 101:1721-4. 2009..2% to 4.4%) among women. No change in incidence trends were observed from 1998 to 2003, the time when possible associations between mobile phone use and cancer risk would be informative about an induction period of 5-10 years...
- Analysis of three-dimensional SAR distributions emitted by mobile phones in an epidemiological perspectiveIsabelle Deltour
Institute of Cancer Epidemiology, Danish Cancer Society, Copenhagen, Denmark International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
Bioelectromagnetics 32:634-43. 2011....
- Mobile phone use and incidence of glioma in the Nordic countries 1979-2008: consistency checkIsabelle Deltour
Section of Environment and Radiation, International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
Epidemiology 23:301-7. 2012..Correspondingly, lack of change in IRs would exclude certain magnitudes of risk. We investigated glioma IR trends in the Nordic countries, and compared the observed with expected incidence rates under various risk scenarios...
- Hospital contact for mental disorders in survivors of childhood cancer and their siblings in Denmark: a population-based cohort studyLasse Wegener Lund
Survivorship, Danish Cancer Society Research Centre, Copenhagen, Denmark
Lancet Oncol 14:971-80. 2013..However, little is known about how cancers can affect mental health in the siblings of these patients. We aimed to assess the long-term risks of mental disorders in survivors of childhood cancer and their siblings...
- Quantifying the impact of selection bias caused by nonparticipation in a case-control study of mobile phone useMartine Vrijheid
International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
Ann Epidemiol 19:33-41. 2009..To quantitatively assess the impact of selection bias caused by nonparticipation in a multinational case-control study of mobile phone use and brain tumor...
- Recall bias in the assessment of exposure to mobile phonesMartine Vrijheid
Radiation Group, International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
J Expo Sci Environ Epidemiol 19:369-81. 2009..However, apparent overestimation by cases in more distant time periods could cause positive bias in estimates of disease risk associated with mobile phone use...
- Early parental death and risk of hospitalization for affective disorder in adulthoodCharlotte Weiling Appel
Danish Cancer Society Research Center, Copenhagen, Denmark
Epidemiology 24:608-15. 2013..We investigated the association between early parental loss and risk of hospitalization for an affective disorder in adulthood...
- Estimating associations of mobile phone use and brain tumours taking into account laterality: a comparison and theoretical evaluation of applied methodsKirsten Frederiksen
Statistics, Bioinformatics and Registry, Danish Cancer Society Research Center, Strandboulevarden 49, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Stat Med 31:3681-92. 2012....
- The INTERPHONE study: design, epidemiological methods, and description of the study populationElisabeth Cardis
International Agency for Research on Cancer, 150 cours Albert Thomas, 69372, Lyon, Cedex 08, France
Eur J Epidemiol 22:647-64. 2007..Particular attention was paid to estimating the amount and direction of potential recall and participation biases and their impact on the study results...
- Breast cancer and early retirement: Associations with disease characteristics, treatment, comorbidity, social position and participation in a six-day rehabilitation course in a register-based study in DenmarkLars Henrik Damkjaer
Institute for Cancer Epidemiology, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Oncol 50:274-81. 2011....
- Associations between faith, distress and mental adjustment--a Danish survivorship studyChristine Tind Johannessen-Henry
Unit of Survivorship, Danish Cancer Society Research Center, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Oncol 52:364-71. 2013..We examined the extent to which spiritual well-being, the faith dimension of spiritual well-being and aspects of performed faith are associated with distress and mental adjustment among cancer patients...
- Accuracy of the Danish version of the 'distress thermometer'Pernille Envold Bidstrup
Department of Psychosocial Cancer Research, Institute of Cancer Epidemiology, Danish Cancer Society, Copenhagen, Denmark
Psychooncology 21:436-43. 2012..Short screening instruments have been suggested to improve the detection of psychological symptoms. We examined the accuracy of the Danish version of the 'Distress Thermometer'...
- Increased risk for cancer among offspring of women with fertility problemsMarie Hargreave
Unit of Virus, Lifestyle and Genes, Danish Cancer Society Research Center, Copenhagen, Denmark
Int J Cancer 133:1180-6. 2013....
- The effects of recall errors and of selection bias in epidemiologic studies of mobile phone use and cancer riskMartine Vrijheid
International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
J Expo Sci Environ Epidemiol 16:371-84. 2006....
- Factors associated with the prescription of antidepressive medication to breast cancer patientsNis P Suppli
Institute of Cancer Epidemiology, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Oncol 50:243-51. 2011..We evaluated factors associated with use of antidepressant medication subsequent to a diagnosis of breast cancer. We also evaluated the effect of participation in a cancer rehabilitation program on use of antidepressants...
- Social inequality and incidence of and survival from cancers of the kidney and urinary bladder in a population-based study in Denmark, 1994-2003Kirsten Thorup Eriksen
Institute of Cancer Epidemiology, Danish Cancer Society, Strandboulevarden 49, DK 2100 Copenhagen Ø, Denmark
Eur J Cancer 44:2030-42. 2008..We also found a moderate pattern of better survival from cancers at both sites in the most advantaged groups, most clearly reflected by the level of education, disposable income and affiliation to the work market...