Affiliation: Copenhagen University Hospital
- The evidence for efficacy of osteoporosis treatment in men with primary osteoporosis: a systematic review and meta-analysis of antiresorptive and anabolic treatment in menPeter Schwarz
Research Center of Aging and Osteoporosis, Department of Medicine, Glostrup Hospital, 2600 Glostrup, Denmark
J Osteoporos 2011:259818. 2011..So far, all evidence is based on BMD increases in small RCT studies showing BMD increases comparable to those reported in postmenopausal women...
- Effects of increasing age, dosage, and duration of PTH treatment on BMD increase--a meta-analysisPeter Schwarz
Department of Medicine, Research Center of Aging and Osteoporosis, Glostrup University Hospital, 2600 Glostrup, Denmark
Calcif Tissue Int 90:165-73. 2012..No age dependency was observed in the hips. In general the effect of treatment was improved with increasing dosage and duration of treatment from 6 to 36 months...
- Paget's disease of the bone after treatment with Denosumab: a case reportPeter Schwarz
Research Center of Ageing and Osteoporosis, Department of Medicine, Glostrup University Hospital, 2600 Glostrup, Denmark
Bone 50:1023-5. 2012..We present a case of a male patient aged 86 years with GFR of 11 mL/min and Paget's disease successfully treated by Denosumab. The bone turnover and pain decreased upon treatment...
- The effect of PTH(1-34) on fracture healing during different loading conditionsMaria Ellegaard
Research Center of Ageing and Osteoporosis, Department of Medicine and Diagnostics, Copenhagen University Hospital, Glostrup, Denmark
J Bone Miner Res 28:2145-55. 2013....
- UTP-induced ATP release is a fine-tuned signalling pathway in osteocytesTina M Kringelbach
Research Center of Ageing and Osteoporosis, Department of Diagnostics, Copenhagen University Hospital Glostrup, Glostrup, Denmark
Purinergic Signal 10:337-47. 2014....
- Status of drug development for the prevention and treatment of osteoporosisPeter Schwarz
Copenhagen University Hospital, Research Centre of Ageing and Osteoporosis, Department of Medicine, Glostrup, Denmark
Expert Opin Drug Discov 9:245-53. 2014..Several new medications for the treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis are in the pipeline...
- Clopidogrel (Plavix), a P2Y12 receptor antagonist, inhibits bone cell function in vitro and decreases trabecular bone in vivoSusanne Syberg
Research Centre of Ageing and Osteoporosis, Department of Medicine, Copenhagen University Hospital, Glostrup, Denmark
J Bone Miner Res 27:2373-86. 2012..Trabecular thickness and cortical bone parameters were unaffected. Combined, these findings indicate that long-term exposure of bone cells to clopidogrel in vivo could negatively impact bone health...
- The P2X7 receptor: a key player in immune-mediated bone loss?Torben Madsen Kvist
Research Center for Ageing and Osteoporosis, Departments of Medicine and Diagnostics, Glostrup Hospital, 2600 Glostrup, Denmark
ScientificWorldJournal 2014:954530. 2014..The aim of this review is therefore to provide evidence-based novel hypotheses of the role of ATP-mediated purinergic signalling via the P2X7 receptor in immune-mediated bone loss and -osteoporosis. ..
- Single-nucleotide polymorphisms in the P2X7 receptor gene are associated with post-menopausal bone loss and vertebral fracturesNiklas R Jørgensen
Research Center for Ageing and Osteoporosis, Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Glostrup University Hospital, Glostrup, Denmark
Eur J Hum Genet 20:675-81. 2012..In conclusion, an association was demonstrated between variants that reduce P2X7 receptor function and increased rate of bone loss. These data support that the P2X7 receptor is important in regulation of bone mass...
- Clinical and biochemical outcomes of cinacalcet treatment of familial hypocalciuric hypercalcemia: a case seriesAnne Qvist Rasmussen
Research Centre of Ageing and Osteoporosis, Department of Medicine, Glostrup University Hospital, Glostrup, Denmark
J Med Case Reports 5:564. 2011..abstract:..