Affiliation: Copenhagen University Hospital
- New insights into the pathophysiology of postoperative cognitive dysfunctionL Krenk
Department of Anaesthesia, Centre of Head and Orthopaedics, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 54:951-6. 2010..Potential prophylactic intervention may include minimal invasive surgery, multi-modal non-opioid pain management and pharmacological manipulation of the inflammatory response and sleep architecture...
- Postoperative delirium and postoperative cognitive dysfunction in the elderly - what are the differences?L Krenk
Department of Anesthesia, Centre of Head and Orthopedics, Rigshospitalet, Denmark
Minerva Anestesiol 77:742-9. 2011..This review aims to provide an overview of the differences in the diagnosis of the two entities and to illustrate the methodological problems that can be encountered when evaluating cognitive deficits postoperatively...
- Delirium after fast-track hip and knee arthroplastyL Krenk
Section of Surgical Pathophysiology, 4074, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 9, 2100 Copenhagen Ø, Denmark
Br J Anaesth 108:607-11. 2012..No data on PD are available in fast-track surgery. The aim of this study was to evaluate the incidence of PD after fast-track hip (THA) and knee arthroplasty (TKA) with anticipated length of stay (LOS) of <3 days...
- Sleep disturbances after fast-track hip and knee arthroplastyL Krenk
Section of Surgical Pathophysiology, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Br J Anaesth 109:769-75. 2012..The primary endpoint was REM sleep duration on the first postoperative night compared with before operation...
- Delirium in the fast-track surgery settingLene Krenk
Rigshospitalet, Section of Surgical Pathophysiology, The Lundbeck Centre for Fast track Hip and Knee Arthroplasty, Copenhagen O, Denmark
Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol 26:345-53. 2012..In conclusion, the fast-track methodology may reduce the incidence of postoperative cognitive decline after surgery...
- Short-term practice effects and variability in cognitive testing in a healthy elderly populationLene Krenk
Section of Surgical Pathophysiology, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Exp Gerontol 47:432-6. 2012..The aim of this study was to collect cognitive test results with repeated testing in an elderly healthy population...