Affiliation: Copenhagen University Hospital
- [Peripartum cardiomyopathy in an obese pregnant woman]Urd Lynge Kielgast
Endokrinologisk Klinik 541, Hvidovre Hospital, DK 2650 Hvidovre
Ugeskr Laeger 171:2487-9. 2009..However, the classical symptoms of heart failure can be masked - especially in obese women. Here, we present a case report of PPCM complicated with vitamin-D deficiency in a severely obese woman...
- Treatment of type 1 diabetic patients with glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) and GLP-1R agonistsUrd Kielgast
Department of Endocrinology, Hvidovre Hospital and University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Curr Diabetes Rev 5:266-75. 2009....
- Effect of glucagon-like peptide-1 on alpha- and beta-cell function in C-peptide-negative type 1 diabetic patientsUrd Kielgast
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, 2200 Copenhagen, Denmark
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:2492-6. 2010..The mechanism by which glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) suppresses glucagon secretion is uncertain, and it is not determined whether endogenous insulin is a necessary factor for this effect...
- Antidiabetic actions of endogenous and exogenous GLP-1 in type 1 diabetic patients with and without residual β-cell functionUrd Kielgast
Department of Endocrinology, Hvidovre University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Diabetes 60:1599-607. 2011....
- Four weeks of treatment with liraglutide reduces insulin dose without loss of glycemic control in type 1 diabetic patients with and without residual beta-cell functionUrd Kielgast
Department of Endocrinology, Hvidovre University Hospital, and Department of Biomedical Sciences, The Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Diabetes Care 34:1463-8. 2011..To investigate the effect of 4 weeks of treatment with liraglutide on insulin dose and glycemic control in type 1 diabetic patients with and without residual β-cell function...