Svend Høime Hansen
Affiliation: Copenhagen University Hospital
- Taurine, glutathione and bioenergeticsSvend Høime Hansen
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, 3 01 1, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University Hospital, København, Denmark
Adv Exp Med Biol 776:3-12. 2013....
- The role of taurine in diabetes and the development of diabetic complicationsS H Hansen
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University Hospital, Denmark
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 17:330-46. 2001..Possible therapeutic perspectives could be a supplementation with taurine and other osmolytes and low-molecular compounds, perhaps in a combinational therapy with aldose reductase inhibitors...
- Application of (13)C-filtered (1)H NMR to evaluate drug action on gluconeogenesis and glycogenolysis simultaneously in isolated rat hepatocytesSvend Høime Hansen
Novo Nordisk A S, Novo Alle, 2880 Bagsvaerd, Denmark
NMR Biomed 15:313-9. 2002..The data show that application of this methodology can be used to answer important questions about drug action on hepatic metabolism that are not readily accessible by alternative means...
- The important role of taurine in oxidative metabolismSvend Høime Hansen
Department of Clinical Biochemistry 3 01 3, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University Hospital, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Adv Exp Med Biol 583:129-35. 2006..Consequently, the model represents a new concept for understanding mitochondrial dysfunction by emphasising the importance of taurine for providing sufficient pH buffering in the mitochondrial matrix...
- A role for taurine in mitochondrial functionSvend Høime Hansen
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, 3 01 1, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University Hospital, Blegdamsvej 9, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
J Biomed Sci 17:S23. 2010..By application of the model presented, taurine depletion caused by hyperglycemia could provide a link between mitochondrial dysfunction and diabetes...