Affiliation: Copenhagen University Hospital
- Arthroscopic partial meniscectomy in middle-aged patients with mild or no knee osteoarthritis: a protocol for a double-blind, randomized sham-controlled multi-centre trialKristoffer B Hare
Institute of Sports Science and Clinical Biomechanics, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 14:71. 2013....
- Comparative effectiveness of injection therapies in lateral epicondylitis: a systematic review and network meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsThøger Persson Krogh
Diagnostic Centre, Silkeborg Regional Hospital, Silkeborg, Denmark
Am J Sports Med 41:1435-46. 2013..Injection therapy with glucocorticoids has been used since the 1950s as a treatment strategy for lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow). Lately, several novel injection therapies have become available...
- Abatacept with methotrexate versus other biologic agents in treatment of patients with active rheumatoid arthritis despite methotrexate: a network meta-analysisPatricia Guyot
Mapi Values the Netherlands, De Molen 84, 3995 AX Houten, The Netherlands
Arthritis Res Ther 13:R204. 2011..6) between abatacept and other biologic disease modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs) in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) who have inadequate response to methotrexate (MTX-IR)...
- Improved nutritional status and bone health after diet-induced weight loss in sedentary osteoarthritis patients: a prospective cohort studyP Christensen
The Parker Institute, Copenhagen University Hospital at Frederiksberg, Frederiksberg, Denmark
Eur J Clin Nutr 66:504-9. 2012..The objective of the study is to assess changes in micronutrient status and body composition in obese individuals after a dietary weight loss program...
- Neck exercises, physical and cognitive behavioural-graded activity as a treatment for adult whiplash patients with chronic neck pain: design of a randomised controlled trialInge Ris Hansen
Research Unit for Musculoskeletal Function and Physiotherapy, Institute of Sports Science and Clinical Biomechanics, University of Southern Denmark, Odense M, Denmark
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 12:274. 2011....
- Diagnostic accuracy of heel pad palpation - a phantom studySøren T Torp-Pedersen
The Parker Institute, Frederiksberg Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Frederiksberg, Denmark
J Forensic Leg Med 15:437-42. 2008..The goal was to test the accuracy of two experienced investigators in determining whether a heel pad model was soft, medium or hard. The skin-to-bone distance in the models varied within the human range...
- Radiographs and low field MRI (0.2T) as predictors of efficacy in a weight loss trial in obese women with knee osteoarthritisHenrik Gudbergsen
The Parker Institute, Copenhagen University Hospital, Frederiksberg, Denmark
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 12:56. 2011..To study the predictive value of baseline radiographs and low-field (0.2T) MRI scans for the symptomatic outcome of clinically significant weight loss in obese patients with knee osteoarthritis...
- Changes in bone marrow lesions in response to weight-loss in obese knee osteoarthritis patients: a prospective cohort studyHenrik Gudbergsen
The Parker Institute, Department of Rheumatology, Copenhagen University Hospital, Frederiksberg, Denmark
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 14:106. 2013..The aim of this study was to investigate the changes in BMLs after a 16-week weight-loss period in obese subjects with KOA and relate changes in BMLs to the effects of weight-loss on clinical symptoms...
- Changes in lower extremity muscle mass and muscle strength after weight loss in obese patients with knee osteoarthritis: a prospective cohort studyMarius Henriksen
Clinical Motor Function Laboratory, The Parker Institute, Copenhagen University Hospital, Frederiksberg, Denmark
Arthritis Rheum 64:438-42. 2012..To investigate the effects of low-energy diet-induced weight loss on lower-extremity muscle mass and knee muscle strength in obese patients with knee osteoarthritis (OA), and the associations of these effects...
- Test-retest of computerized health status questionnaires frequently used in the monitoring of knee osteoarthritis: a randomized crossover trialHenrik Gudbergsen
The Parker Institute, Frederiksberg Hospital, Nordre Fasanvej 57, 2000 Frederiksberg, Copenhagen, Denmark
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 12:190. 2011..on touch screen to data based on traditional paper versions of questionnaires frequently used to examine patient reported outcomes in knee osteoarthritis patients and to examine the impact of patient characteristics on this comparison..
- The treatment and prevention of knee osteoarthritis: a tool for clinical decision-makingHenning Bliddal
Frederiksberg Hospital, The Parker Institute, DK 2000 Copenhagen F, Denmark
Expert Opin Pharmacother 10:1793-804. 2009..Osteoarthritis (OA) is a major cause of disability, which will increase further with longer lifetime and higher average weight of the population...
- Weight loss as treatment for knee osteoarthritis symptoms in obese patients: 1-year results from a randomised controlled trialHenning Bliddal
The Parker Institute, Copenhagen University Hospital, Frederiksberg, DK 2000F, Denmark
Ann Rheum Dis 70:1798-803. 2011..To evaluate 1-year symptomatic improvement in obese patients with knee osteoarthritis (OA) on an intensive low-energy diet (LED) maintained by frequent consultations with a dietician compared to minimal attention...
- Efficacy and safety of the weight-loss drug rimonabant: a meta-analysis of randomised trialsRobin Christensen
The Parker Institute, Musculoskeletal Statistics Unit, Frederiksberg Hospital, Frederiksberg, Denmark
Lancet 370:1706-13. 2007..We did a meta-analysis of all published randomised controlled trials to assess the efficacy and safety of the newly approved anti-obesity agent rimonabant...
- Feasibility of a standardized ultrasound examination in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: a quality improvement among rheumatologists cohortKaren Ellegaard
The Parker Institute, Copenhagen University Hospital, Denmark
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 13:35. 2012..The aim of this study was to investigate the learning progress for rheumatologists during training of US examination of the hand in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Development of a danish language version of the manchester foot pain and disability index: reproducibility and construct validity testingChristian K Pedersen
The Parker Institute, Department of Rheumatology, Copenhagen University Hospital Bispebjerg and Frederiksberg, Nordre Fasanvej 57, 2000 Frederiksberg, Denmark
Pain Res Treat 2013:284903. 2013..The MFPDI-DK appears to be a valid and reproducible instrument in evaluating foot-pain-related disability in Danish adult patients in cross-sectional samples. Further research is needed to test the responsiveness of the MFPDI-DK...
- Center-size as a predictor of weight-loss outcome in multicenter trials including a low-calorie dietChristoph Gasteyger
Department of Human Nutrition, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Frederiksberg, Denmark
Obesity (Silver Spring) 18:2160-4. 2010..5%. This is the first study suggesting that the number of recruited subjects per center may impact weight loss, and could therefore be considered as a new predictor for weight loss that is independent from the individual...
- Relationships between the fibromyalgia impact questionnaire, tender point count, and muscle strength in female patients with fibromyalgia: a cohort studyMarius Henriksen
Frederiksberg Hospital, Frederiksberg, Denmark
Arthritis Rheum 61:732-9. 2009..To test the hypothesis that fibromyalgia (FM) patients with reduced lower extremity strength are more symptomatic and tender than FM patients with normal muscle strength...
- A randomized controlled trial of aquatic and land-based exercise in patients with knee osteoarthritisHans Lund
Clinical Motor Function Laboratory, The Parker Institute, Frederiksberg Hospital, Fredriksberg, Denmark
J Rehabil Med 40:137-44. 2008..To compare the efficacy of aquatic exercise and a land-based exercise programme vs control in patients with knee osteoarthritis...
- Is beer consumption related to measures of abdominal and general obesity? A systematic review and meta-analysisNathalie T Bendsen
Department of Human Nutrition, Centre for Advanced Food Studies, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Frederiksberg, Denmark
Nutr Rev 71:67-87. 2013..Higher intake, however, may be positively associated with abdominal obesity...
- Effect of nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs on the C-reactive protein level in rheumatoid arthritis: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsSimon Tarp
Copenhagen University Hospital, Frederiksberg, Denmark
Arthritis Rheum 64:3511-21. 2012..To evaluate the effects of oral nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) on C-reactive protein (CRP) levels in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) patients, with a prespecified focus on the different NSAIDs...
- Ultrasound Doppler measurements predict success of treatment with anti-TNF-α drug in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: a prospective cohort studyKaren Ellegaard
The Parker Institute, Copenhagen University Hospital, Frederiksberg, Nordre Fasanvej 57, DK 2000, Frederiksberg, Denmark
Rheumatology (Oxford) 50:506-12. 2011..To investigate the predictive ability of core outcomes applied in RA trials, including ultrasound (US) Doppler (USD) measurements differentiating patients who remain on anti-TNF-α therapy following 1 year...
- External pneumatic compression device prevents fainting in standing weight-bearing MRI: a cohort studyBjarke B Hansen
The Parker Institute, Department of Rheumatology, Copenhagen University Hospital, Bispebjerg and Frederiksberg, Nordre Fasanvej 57, 2000, Frederiksberg, Denmark
Skeletal Radiol 42:1437-42. 2013..To investigate if a peristaltic external pneumatic compression device attached to the legs, while scanning, can reduce a substantial risk of fainting in standing weight-bearing magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)...
- Imaging as a follow-up tool in clinical trials and clinical practiceHenning Bliddal
The Parker Institute, Frederiksberg Hospital, 2000 Frederiksberg, Denmark
Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 22:1109-26. 2008..With technical developments and increasing knowledge regarding both MRI and US, both of these modalities may be of value in the evaluation of rheumatology patients...
- Effect of weight reduction in obese patients diagnosed with knee osteoarthritis: a systematic review and meta-analysisRobin Christensen
The Parker Institute, H S Frederiksberg Hospital, DK 2000 Frederiksberg, and Copenhagen University Library, Denmark
Ann Rheum Dis 66:433-9. 2007..The analysis supported that a weight loss of >5% should be achieved within a 20-week period--that is, 0.25% per week...
- Clinical performance diagnosing alleged exposure to falanga--a phantom studySøren Torp-Pedersen
The Parker Institute, Frederiksberg Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Torture 19:19-26. 2009..Reduced elasticity in the heel pads has been reported as characteristic sequelae and palpatory testing of heel pad elasticity is therefore part of medicolegal assessment of alleged torture victims...