P J Larsen
Affiliation: Center for Clinical and Basic Research
- Peripheral adiposity exhibits an independent dominant antiatherogenic effect in elderly womenLaszlo B Tanko
Center for Clinical and Basic Research, Ballerup Byvej 222, DK 2750 Ballerup, Denmark
Circulation 107:1626-31. 2003..Although several lines of evidence point to an atherogenic role of central fat mass (CFM), few data are available to address the specific role played by peripheral fat mass (PFM)...
- Systemic administration of the long-acting GLP-1 derivative NN2211 induces lasting and reversible weight loss in both normal and obese ratsP J Larsen
Laboratory of Obesity Research, Center for Clinical and Basic Research, Ballerup, Denmark
Diabetes 50:2530-9. 2001..Thus, long-acting GLP-1 derivatives may prove efficient as weight-reducing therapeutic agents for overweight patients with type 2 diabetes...
- Ups and downs for neuropeptides in body weight homeostasis: pharmacological potential of cocaine amphetamine regulated transcript and pre-proglucagon-derived peptidesPhilip J Larsen
Laboratory of Obesity Research, Center for Clinical and Basic Research, Ballerup Byvej 222, 2750, Denmark
Eur J Pharmacol 440:159-72. 2002..The present review summarises the available evidence that both families of peptides constitute endogenous transmitters mediating satiety and touch upon potential pharmacological exploitation of this knowledge...
- Glucagon-like peptide containing pathways in the regulation of feeding behaviourM Tang-Christensen
Department of Medical Anatomy Sect B, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 25:S42-7. 2001..Future experiments will elucidate whether or not GLP-1 and GLP-2 are involved in the long-term or short-term regulation of feeding behaviour and hence have an impact on bodyweight...
- New therapeutic developments in the regulation of food intake by neuropeptidesP J Larsen
Laboratory of Obesity Research, Center for Clinical and Basic Research, Ballerup Byvej 222, 2750 Ballerup, Denmark
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 63:171-5. 2002
- Novel associations between bioavailable estradiol and adipokines in elderly women with different phenotypes of obesity: implications for atherogenesisLaszlo B Tanko
Prospective Epidemiological Risk Factor PERF study group, Center for Clinical and Basic Research, Ballerup Byvej 222, 2750 Ballerup, Ballerup, Denmark
Circulation 110:2246-52. 2004..Peripheral adiposity confers protection against diabetes and atherosclerosis in elderly women. The underlying mechanisms, however, remain to be elucidated...
- Glucagon-related peptide 1 (GLP-1): hormone and neurotransmitterPhilip J Larsen
Rheoscience A S, The Panum Insitute, University of Copenhagen, Glerupvej 2, 2610 Rødovre, Denmark
Regul Pept 128:97-107. 2005....
- Enlarged waist combined with elevated triglycerides is a strong predictor of accelerated atherogenesis and related cardiovascular mortality in postmenopausal womenLaszlo B Tanko
Center for Clinical and Basic Research, Ballerup Byvej 222, 2750 Ballerup, Denmark
Circulation 111:1883-90. 2005..Whether EWET offers superior disease and event prediction in postmenopausal women, however, remains unknown...
- [Central fat deposits contribute to atherosclerosis and insulin resistance and peripheral fat deposits protect against atherosclerosis and insulin resistance in postmenopausal women--secondary publication]Laszlo B Tanko
Center for Clinical and Basic Research, Ballerup
Ugeskr Laeger 167:3597-601. 2005..In postmenopausal women, body fat distribution has more critical implications for metabolic and cardiovascular risk than overall obesity per se...
- ACDC/adiponectin and PPAR-gamma gene polymorphisms: implications for features of obesityLaszlo B Tanko
Center for Clinical and Basic Research, Ballerup, Denmark
Obes Res 13:2113-21. 2005....
- The role of CART in body weight homeostasisPhilip J Larsen
Rheoscience A S, The Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Glerupvej 2, 2610 Rødovre, Denmark
Peptides 27:1981-6. 2006..Research to date has demonstrated a role for CART in the control of food intake at a number of levels within the brain of both animals and man...
- Differential influences of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors gamma and -alpha on food intake and energy homeostasisPhilip J Larsen
Rheoscience, Rødovre, Denmark
Diabetes 52:2249-59. 2003....
- Central and peripheral fat mass have contrasting effect on the progression of aortic calcification in postmenopausal womenLaszlo B Tanko
Center for Clinical and Basic Research A S, Ballerup, Denmark
Eur Heart J 24:1531-7. 2003..To investigate the long-term effects of central fat mass (CFM) and peripheral fat mass (PFM) on atherogenic risk profile and the progression of aortic calcification (AC) in postmenopausal women...
- The once-daily human GLP-1 analog, liraglutide, reduces olanzapine-induced weight gain and glucose intoleranceKirsten Lykkegaard
Rheoscience A S, Glerupvej 2, DK 2610 Roedovre, Denmark
Schizophr Res 103:94-103. 2008..It may therefore be relevant to study these effects of liraglutide in patients treated with atypically antipsychotics...
- Central pre-proglucagon derived peptides: opportunities for treatment of obesityPhilip J Larsen
Rheoscience, Glerupvej 2, 2610 Rødovre, Denmark
Curr Pharm Des 9:1373-82. 2003..This and other aspects of the current state of the role of central pre-proglucagon in energy homeostasis are reviewed...
- Variations in percentage of body fat within different BMI groups in young, middle-aged and old womenLusine Movsesyan
Center for Clinical and Basic Research A S, Ballerup Byvej, Ballerup, Denmark
Clin Physiol Funct Imaging 23:130-3. 2003..The objective of the present study was to characterize age-dependent variations in percentage of body fat within different body mass index (BMI) classes in healthy Danish women...
- Hypothalamic cocaine-amphetamine regulated transcript (CART) is regulated by glucocorticoidsNiels Vrang
Rheoscience, Glerupvej 2, 2610, Rodovre, Denmark
Brain Res 965:45-50. 2003..Unlike CART mRNA levels hypothalamic POMC expression was unaltered by adrenenalectomy. The present results show that the CART gene is influenced by glucocorticoids, presumably via a GR dependent mechanism...
- Cocaine-amphetamine regulated transcript (CART) expression is not regulated by amphetamineNiels Vrang
Rheoscience, Glerupvej 2, 2610 Rodovre, Denmark
Neuroreport 13:1215-8. 2002..The present results question the acronym chosen for this predominantly hyopthalamic neuropeptide...
- [Molecular pathogenesis in monogenic and polygenic obesity]Philip J Larsen
Steno Diabetes Center, DK 2820 Gentofte
Ugeskr Laeger 168:152-5. 2006..These insights have brought us closer to the development of rational therapies of obesity, the epidemic of which is continuing in the post-industrial society, which is characterised by sedentary behaviour patterns...
- Light-induced c-Fos expression in suprachiasmatic nuclei neurons targeting the paraventricular nucleus of the hamster hypothalamus: phase dependence and immunochemical identificationInger Christine Munch
Department of Medical Anatomy, University of Copenhagen, 2200 Copenhagen, Denmark
J Comp Neurol 442:48-62. 2002..The present findings provide functional evidence of light activation of central pathways involved in the regulation of circadian output rhythms...
- Projections from the raphe nuclei to the suprachiasmatic nucleus of the ratAnders Hay-Schmidt
Department of Medical Anatomy, The Panum Institute, 18 2, University of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 3, DK 2200 N, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Chem Neuroanat 25:293-310. 2003..PHA-L injections into RMg gave rise to labelling of a few processes within the SCN. In conclusion, the main serotonergic input to the rat SCN originates from a few neurones in the MnR...