Genomes and Genes
Klaus H Hansen
Affiliation: Biotech Research and Innovation Centre
- A model for transmission of the H3K27me3 epigenetic markKlaus H Hansen
Biotech Research and Innovation Centre, University of Copenhagen, Ole Maaløes Vej 5, 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
Nat Cell Biol 10:1291-300. 2008....
- Coordinated regulation of transcriptional repression by the RBP2 H3K4 demethylase and Polycomb-Repressive Complex 2Diego Pasini
Biotech Research and Innovation Centre BRIC and Centre for Epigenetics, University of Copenhagen, 2200 Copenhagen, Denmark
Genes Dev 22:1345-55. 2008..Taken together, these results demonstrate an elegant mechanism for repression of developmental genes by the coordinated regulation of epigenetic marks involved in repression and activation of transcription...
- The Polycomb group proteins bind throughout the INK4A-ARF locus and are disassociated in senescent cellsAdrian P Bracken
Centre for Epigenetics, Biotech Research and Innovation Centre BRIC, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen 2200, Denmark
Genes Dev 21:525-30. 2007..These results provide a model for how the INK4A-ARF locus is activated and how Polycombs contribute to cancer...
- RBP2 belongs to a family of demethylases, specific for tri-and dimethylated lysine 4 on histone 3Jesper Christensen
Centre for Epigenetics, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Cell 128:1063-76. 2007..Taken together, these results suggest that H3K4me3/me2 demethylation regulated by the JARID1 family plays an important role during development...
- Bypass of senescence by the polycomb group protein CBX8 through direct binding to the INK4A-ARF locusNikolaj Dietrich
Centre for Epigenetics and Biotech Research and Innovation Centre BRIC, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
EMBO J 26:1637-48. 2007..On the basis of these results, we conclude that CBX8 is an essential component of one of the PRC1 complexes, which directly regulate the expression of numerous target genes, including the INK4A-ARF locus, involved in cell-fate decisions...
- Epigenetic inheritance through self-recruitment of the polycomb repressive complex 2Klaus H Hansen
Biotech Research and Innovation Centre BRIC, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Epigenetics 4:133-8. 2009..Here we discuss the implications of our results in further detail...
- The putative oncogene GASC1 demethylates tri- and dimethylated lysine 9 on histone H3Paul A C Cloos
Biotech Research and Innovation Centre, Fruebjergvej 3, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Nature 442:307-11. 2006..Thus, in addition to identifying GASC1 as a histone trimethyl demethylase, we suggest a model for how this enzyme might be involved in cancer development, and propose it as a target for anti-cancer therapy...