Thomas Clement Truelsen
Affiliation: Aarhus University Hospital
- Amount and type of alcohol and risk of dementia: the Copenhagen City Heart StudyThomas Truelsen
Danish Epidemiology Science Centre at the Institute of Preventive Medicine, Kommunehospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Neurology 59:1313-9. 2002..To assess whether amount or type of alcohol is associated with risk of dementia...
- Trends in stroke incidence. The Copenhagen City Heart StudyT Truelsen
Danish Epidemiology Science Center, Institute of Preventive Medicine, Copenhagen University Hospital, Denmark
Stroke 28:1903-7. 1997..After 20 years of intensive antihypertensive treatment the latter could be expected, and we have evaluated the sex-specific temporal trends in stroke incidence using 17 years of follow-up in the Copenhagen City Heart Study...
- Stroke incidence and case fatality in two populations: the Auckland Stroke Study and the Copenhagen City Heart StudyT Truelsen
Danish Epidemiology Science Center, Copenhagen University Hospital, Denmark
Neuroepidemiology 17:132-8. 1998..A very high proportion of smokers in CCHS may explain some of the differences in incidence rates in the two populations...
- Self-reported stress and risk of stroke: the Copenhagen City Heart StudyThomas Truelsen
Institute of Preventive Medicine, Kommune Hospitalet, Copenhagen K, Denmark
Stroke 34:856-62. 2003..To examine these possibilities, we analyzed the association between self-reported stress frequency and intensity and risk of stroke...
- [Treatment with ACE inhibitors in acute apoplexy]Thomas Clement Truelsen
H S Bispebjerg Hospital, Neurologisk afdeling
Ugeskr Laeger 166:387-8. 2004
- [Secondary prevention after stroke--lifestyle factors]Thomas Clement Truelsen
Nordsjaellands Hospital, Hillerød, Neurologisk afdeling
Ugeskr Laeger 169:3391-3. 2007..A diet low in salt and fat with a high content of fruit, vegetables, full-corn products and fish is recommended. There is no evidence that a low to moderate alcohol intake is harmful...