Affiliation: Aarhus University Hospital
- [Percutaneous liver biopsy]Peter Ott
H:S Rigshospitalet, Abdominalcentret, Hepatologisk Klinik A
Ugeskr Laeger 165:1571-3. 2003
- Nontraditional effects of protein binding and hematocrit on uptake of indocyanine green by perfused rat liverP Ott
Medical Department A, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Am J Physiol 273:G227-38. 1997..The simple experimental design and its parameter-free evaluation provide a new tool for investigating the hepatic uptake of protein-bound ligands...
- Pharmacokinetics of troglitazone, a PPAR-gamma agonist, in patients with hepatic insufficiencyP Ott
Medical Department A, Copenhagen University Hospital, Rigshospitalet, Denmark
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 54:567-71. 1998..The objective of this study was to compare the pharmacokinetics of troglitazone in patients with hepatic insufficiency and normal subjects...
- Hepatic blood flow and splanchnic oxygen consumption in patients with liver failure. Effect of high-volume plasmapheresisJ O Clemmesen
Department of Hepatology, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Hepatology 29:347-55. 1999..Our data suggest that liver failure is associated with increased HBF and VO2, sp. HVP further increased HBF and DO2,sp but VO2,sp was unchanged, indicating that splanchnic hypoxia was not present...
- In cirrhotic patients reduced muscle strength is unrelated to muscle capacity for ATP turnover suggesting a central limitationC M B Gam
Department of Anaesthesia, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Clin Physiol Funct Imaging 31:169-74. 2011..We investigated whether in patients with liver cirrhosis reduced muscle strength is related to dysfunction of muscle mitochondria...
- Preserved arterial flow secures hepatic oxygenation during haemorrhage in the pigA Rasmussen
Department of Surgical Gastroenterology and Transplantationy, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
J Physiol 516:539-48. 1999..Due to this dilatation liver blood flow and hepatic cell oxygenation and metabolism were preserved prior to circulatory collapse...
- Heterogeneity of ductular reactions in adult rat and human liver revealed by novel expression of deleted in malignant brain tumor 1Hanne Cathrine Bisgaard
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Genetics, The Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Am J Pathol 161:1187-98. 2002....
- Exercise induces hepatosplanchnic release of heat shock protein 72 in humansMark A Febbraio
Copenhagen Muscle Research Centre, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
J Physiol 544:957-62. 2002..2 +/- 0.2 pg min(-1) after 120 min. These data demonstrate that the splanchnic tissues release HSP72 during exercise and this release is responsible, in part, for the elevated systemic concentration of this protein during exercise...
- Messenger RNA profiles in liver injury and stress: a comparison of lethal and nonlethal rat modelsNiels Tygstrup
Liver Unit, Laboratory of Hepatology, Rigshospitalet 2151, 9 Blegdamsvej, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 290:518-25. 2002..Simultaneously, the processes required for the integrity of its own structure and function are maintained as a result of regulated expression of the genes that produce the proteins needed to perform both set of functions...
- Does breast feeding influence liver biochemistry?Marianne Hørby Jørgensen
Department of Paediatrics, Hillerød Hospital, Hillerød, Denmark
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 37:559-65. 2003..The authors sought to determine how feeding mode affected liver biochemistry in healthy term infants...
- Glucose ingestion attenuates the exercise-induced increase in circulating heat shock protein 72 and heat shock protein 60 in humansMark A Febbraio
The Copenhagen Muscle Research Center, Copenhagen, Denmark
Cell Stress Chaperones 9:390-6. 2004..We detected neither hepatosplanchnic nor contracting limb Hsp60 release in either trial. In conclusion, maintaining glucose availability during exercise attenuates the circulating Hsp response in healthy humans...
- Quantitative liver functions in Turner syndrome with and without hormone replacement therapyClaus Højbjerg Gravholt
Medical Department M Endocrinology and Diabetes, Aarhus Sygehus, Nørrebrogade, Aarhus University Hospital, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Eur J Endocrinol 156:679-86. 2007..Studies have documented elevated levels of liver enzymes in many females with Turner syndrome (TS). Histology has shown a range of changes. Treatment with female hormone replacement therapy (HRT) reduces liver enzymes...
- [Liver biopsy in liver patients with coagulopathy]Peter Ott
Medicinsk Hepato gastroenterologisk Afdeling V, Arhus Universitetshospital, Arhus Sygehus, DK 8000 Arhus C
Ugeskr Laeger 170:3671-3. 2008..Vitamin K, freshly frozen plasma and recombinant activated factor VII may reduce the risk of bleeding in specific situations, but no firm recommendations can be given...
- Hepatosplanchnic clearance of interleukin-6 in humans during exerciseMark A Febbraio
Skeletal Muscle Research Laboratory, School of Medical Sciences, RMIT Univ, Bundoora, Victoria 3083, Australia
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 285:E397-402. 2003..05). These data demonstrate that the hepatosplanchnic viscera remove IL-6 from the circulation in humans. This removal may constitute a mechanism limiting the negative chronic metabolic action of chronically elevated circulating IL-6...