Affiliation: Aarhus University Hospital
- Weight loss maintenance in severely obese adults after an intensive lifestyle intervention: 2- to 4-year follow-upTore Christiansen
Department of Medicine and Endocrinology C, Aarhus Sygehus, Aarhus University Hospital, Tage Hansensgade 2, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Obesity (Silver Spring) 15:413-20. 2007..To evaluate the long-term weight loss maintenance after 2 to 4 years in severely obese subjects after a lifestyle intervention at a weight loss camp in Denmark...
- Comparable reduction of the visceral adipose tissue depot after a diet-induced weight loss with or without aerobic exercise in obese subjects: a 12-week randomized intervention studyTore Christiansen
Department of Medicine and Endocrinology C, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus Sygehus, Tage Hansensgade 2, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Eur J Endocrinol 160:759-67. 2009....
- Diet-induced weight loss and exercise alone and in combination enhance the expression of adiponectin receptors in adipose tissue and skeletal muscle, but only diet-induced weight loss enhanced circulating adiponectinTore Christiansen
Department of Medicine and Endocrinology C, Aarhus Sygehus, Tage Hansensgade 2, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:911-9. 2010....
- Exercise training versus diet-induced weight-loss on metabolic risk factors and inflammatory markers in obese subjects: a 12-week randomized intervention studyTore Christiansen
Dept of Medicine and Endocrinology C, Aarhus Univ Hospital, Aarhus Sygehus, Denmark
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 298:E824-31. 2010..It is suggested that more intensive exercise may be necessary to affect systemic inflammation...
- Acute exercise increases circulating inflammatory markers in overweight and obese compared with lean subjectsTore Christiansen
Department of Internal Medicine and Endocrinology MEA, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Eur J Appl Physiol 113:1635-42. 2013..g., IL-6, IL-8, and TNF-α) in overweight and obese individuals...
- Long-term weight loss decreases the nontraditional cardiovascular risk factors interleukin-18 and matrix metalloproteinase-9 in obese subjectsErik L Madsen
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism C, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus Sygehus, Aarhus C, Denmark
Metabolism 58:946-53. 2009..Orlistat treatment had no independent effects on IL-18, MMP-9, or leptin in the present study...