Affiliation: Aalborg University
- Individual social capital and survival: a population study with 5-year follow-upLinda Ejlskov
Department of Health Science and Technology, Public Health and Epidemiology, Aalborg University, Niels Jernes Vej 14, 9220 Aalborg, Denmark
BMC Public Health 14:1025. 2014..We examined the importance of social capital on survival in a population study while focusing on gender differences...
- Associations between follow-up screening after gestational diabetes and early detection of diabetes--a register based studyChristinna Rebecca Olesen
Public Health and Epidemiology Group, Department of Health Science and Technology, Aalborg University, Aalborg, Denmark
BMC Public Health 14:841. 2014..This study investigated the extent of participation in follow-up screening and the possible consequences of nonattendance in the Region of North Jutland, Denmark...
- Freestanding midwifery units versus obstetric units: does the effect of place of birth differ with level of social disadvantage?Charlotte Overgaard
Department of Health Science and Technology, Aalborg University, 9220Aalborg, Denmark
BMC Public Health 12:478. 2012....
- The impact of birthplace on women's birth experiences and perceptions of careCharlotte Overgaard
Department of Sociology and Social Work, Aalborg University, Krogstræde 5, Room 10, 9220 Aalborg Øst, Denmark
Soc Sci Med 74:973-81. 2012..Policy-makers and professionals need to consider how the advantages provided by FMU care can support the effort to improve women's birth experience and possibly also the combat of the negative effect of social disadvantage on health...
- Freestanding midwifery unit versus obstetric unit: a matched cohort study of outcomes in low-risk womenCharlotte Overgaard
Department of Sociology and Social Work, Aalborg University, Aalborg, Denmark
BMJ Open 1:e000262. 2011..FMU care may be considered as an adequate alternative to OU care for low-risk women. Pregnant prospective mothers should be given an informed choice of place of birth, including information on transfer...