G L Nielsen
Affiliation: Aalborg Hospital
- [How should risk be reported?]Gunnar Lauge Nielsen
Aalborg Sygehus, Klinisk Epidemiologisk Afdeling
Ugeskr Laeger 167:375-9. 2005
- Risk of adverse birth outcome and miscarriage in pregnant users of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs: population based observational study and case-control studyG L Nielsen
Department of Medicine, Odder Hospital, DK 8300 Odder, Denmark
BMJ 322:266-70. 2001..To estimate the risk of adverse birth outcome in women who take non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs during pregnancy...
- Risk of specific congenital abnormalities in offspring of women with diabetesG L Nielsen
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Aarhus University Hospitals and Aalborg Hospital, DK 9000 Aalborg, Denmark
Diabet Med 22:693-6. 2005..To assess the extent to which the increased risk of congenital abnormalities seen in women with pre-gestational insulin-treated diabetes mellitus is unspecific or related to the embryology of specific organs...
- Birth outcome following maternal use of fluoroquinolonesH Larsen
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Aalborg Hospital, Section North, 10 Stengade, app 13 15, Box 561, DK 9100 Aalborg, Denmark
Int J Antimicrob Agents 18:259-62. 2001..Despite these limitations of statistical analysis the study suggested that the use of fluoroquinolones during pregnancy may not be a major risk factor to the foetus...
- Birth outcome and risk of neonatal hypoglycaemia following in utero exposure to pivmecillinam: a population-based cohort study with 414 exposed pregnanciesH Larsen
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Aarhus University Hospital and Aalborg Hospital, Aalborg, Denmark
Scand J Infect Dis 33:439-44. 2001..32, 95% CI 0.30-18.16) or hypoglycaemia (OR 0.73, 95% CI 0.18-3.00) that were induced by carnitine depletion. No significantly increased risk in adverse birth outcome was therefore found in women treated with pivmecillinam...
- Birth outcome of 1886 pregnancies after exposure to phenoxymethylpenicillin in uteroB B Dencker
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Aarhus University and Aalborg Hospitals, DK 9000 Aalborg, Denmark
Clin Microbiol Infect 8:196-201. 2002..To examine the risk of congenital abnormalities, preterm birth and low birth weight after exposure to phenoxymethylpenicillin in utero...
- Pre-hospital parenteral antibiotic treatment of meningococcal disease and case fatality: a Danish population-based cohort studyB Nørgård
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Aarhus University Hospital, Vennelyst Boulevard 6, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
J Infect 45:144-51. 2002..Studies about the efficiency of pre-hospital antibiotic treatment of meningococcal disease are conflicting. We examined the case fatality rate in patients with meningococcal disease treated with pre-hospital antibiotics...
- Maternal glycated haemoglobin, pre-gestational weight, pregnancy weight gain and risk of large-for-gestational-age babies: a Danish cohort study of 209 singleton Type 1 diabetic pregnanciesG L Nielsen
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Aalborg Hospital, Aarhus University Hospital, Aalborg, Denmark
Diabet Med 24:384-7. 2007....
- Maternal blood glucose in diabetic pregnancies and cognitive performance in offspring in young adulthood: a Danish cohort studyG L Nielsen
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Aalborg Hospital Aarhus University Hospital, Forskningens Hus, Aalborg, Denmark
Diabet Med 27:786-90. 2010..We assess cognitive performance in military conscripts according to maternal blood glucose levels during pregnancy...
- Pregnancy outcome after suicide attempt by drug use: a Danish population-based studyCarolin Flint
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Aalborg and Aarhus University Hospitals, Aalborg, Denmark
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 81:516-22. 2002..Our aim was to examine reproductive failures and child health following a single drug overdose taken prior to or during pregnancy...
- Cancer risk in persons receiving prescriptions for paracetamol: a Danish cohort studySøren Friis
Institute of Cancer Epidemiology, Danish Cancer Society, Copenhagen, Denmark
Int J Cancer 97:96-101. 2002..The elevated risks for cancers of the esophagus, lung and liver are most likely a result of confounding variables, but may warrant further investigation...
- Risk of acute pancreatitis in users of azathioprine: a population-based case-control studyAndrea Floyd
Department of Clinical Epidemiology at Aalborg University Hospital, Aalborg, Denmark
Am J Gastroenterol 98:1305-8. 2003..We examined the risk for acute pancreatitis in users of azathioprine in North Jutland County, Denmark, with about 490,000 inhabitants...
- Skin cancers and non-hodgkin lymphoma among users of systemic glucocorticoids: a population-based cohort studyHenrik Toft Sørensen
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
J Natl Cancer Inst 96:709-11. 2004..68, 95% CI = 1.16 to 5.29). Our data suggest that use of glucocorticoids may be a shared risk factor for certain skin cancers and lymphomas...
- Hospital discharges and 30-day case fatality for drug poisoning: a Danish population-based study from 1979 to 2002 with special emphasis on paracetamolLene Ruge Møller
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Aalborg and Aarhus University Hospitals, Stengade 10, 9000, Aalborg, Denmark
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 59:911-5. 2004..To examine the number of hospital discharges and 30-day case fatalities due to drug poisoning based on data from a Danish County Hospital Discharge Registry from 1979 to 2002...
- Short-term complications after surgically induced abortions: a register-based study of 56 117 abortionsWeijin Zhou
The Danish Epidemiology Science Centre and the Department of Epidemiology and Social Medicine, Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 81:331-6. 2002..We estimated the incidence of side-effects detected during the stay at the hospital and 2 weeks after the discharge. We only include side-effects reported by clinics or hospitals...
- Danish group reanalyses miscarriage in NSAID usersGunnar Lauge Nielsen
BMJ 328:109. 2004
- Cognitive function and army rejection rate in young adult male offspring of women with diabetes: a Danish population-based cohort studyGunnar Lauge Nielsen
Aalborg University Hospital, Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Forskningens Hus, Aalborg Hospital, 9000 Aalborg, Denmark
Diabetes Care 30:2827-31. 2007..We compare the rejection rate and cognitive functioning of military conscripts according to maternal diabetes status during pregnancy...
- Rates of lumbar disc surgery before and after implementation of multidisciplinary nonsurgical spine clinicsClaus Rasmussen
Spine Clinic, Department of Rheumatology, Hjoerring Hospital, Hjoerring, Denmark
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 30:2469-73. 2005..Correlation study...
- How do we best detect toxic effects of drugs taken during pregnancy? A EuroMap paperJørn Olsen
The Danish Epidemiology Science Centre at the Department of Epidemiology and Social Medicine, University of Aarhus, Vannelyst Boulevard 6, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Drug Saf 25:21-32. 2002..These considerations are based upon our results from a European Union-funded concerted action called EuroMaP (Medicine and Pregnancy)...
- Upper gastrointestinal bleeding among users of NSAIDs: a population-based cohort study in DenmarkLene Mellemkjaer
Institute of Cancer Epidemiology, Danish Cancer Society, Strandboulevarden 49, DK 2100 Copenhagen Ø, Denmark
Br J Clin Pharmacol 53:173-81. 2002....
- Outcome of upper gastro-intestinal bleeding and use of ibuprofen versus paracetamolWilliam J Blot
International Epidemiology Institute, Rockville, Maryland, USA
Pharm World Sci 26:319-23. 2004..Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are known to increase the risk of upper gastrointestinal bleeding (UGIB). Whether the severity of outcome of UGIB associated with NSAIDs differs from non-NSAID-related UGIB is less clear...
- [DANAMI-2]Gunnar Lauge Nielsen
Ugeskr Laeger 165:1147; author reply 1147-8. 2003
- Thirty-day postoperative mortality after hysterectomy in women with liver cirrhosis: a Danish population-based cohort studyIana Lesnikova Nielsen
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Aarhus and Aalborg University Hospitals, Vennelyst Boulevard 6, Building 260, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 102:202-5. 2002..Women with liver cirrhosis have a higher incidence of hysterectomy than the general population, generally because of abnormal bleeding. They may also have an increased risk of postoperative mortality and morbidity...
- Risk of acute pancreatitis in users of finasteride: a population-based case-control studyAndrea Floyd
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Aarhus University Hospitals, DK 9000 Aalborg, Denmark
J Clin Gastroenterol 38:276-8. 2004..To examine the risk of acute pancreatitis in > or = 60-year-old male users of finasteride in a case-control study from a population of 490,000 persons in North Jutland County, Denmark, from 1993 to 2000...