- Cryptogenic cirrhosis: metabolic liver disease due to insulin resistance
Binay K De
Department of Medicine, Medical College, Kolkata, India
Indian J Med Sci 64:508-19. 2010
..Insulin resistance and altered metabolic parameters form a major pathogenic link between NAFLD and CC. CC may thus be actually a metabolic liver disease...
- Hemodynamic effects of propranolol with spironolactone in patients with variceal bleeds: a randomized controlled trial
Binay K De
Department of Medicine, Medical College Calcutta 88, Calcutta 700030, India
World J Gastroenterol 14:1908-13. 2008
..To study the hemodynamic effects of spironolactone with propranolol vs propranolol alone in the secondary prophylaxis of variceal bleeding...
- Pentoxifylline versus prednisolone for severe alcoholic hepatitis: a randomized controlled trial
Binay Krishna De
Department of Medicine, Medical College and Hospitals, Calcutta, India
World J Gastroenterol 15:1613-9. 2009
..To compare the efficacy of pentoxifylline and prednisolone in the treatment of severe alcoholic hepatitis, and to evaluate the role of different liver function scores in predicting prognosis...
- The role of garlic in hepatopulmonary syndrome: a randomized controlled trial
Binay K De
Department of Medicine, Medical College Calcutta, India
Can J Gastroenterol 24:183-8. 2010
..Initial studies suggested that garlic, a constituent of the daily diet, may have a role in the treatment of HPS by altering nitric oxide production...
- Differential pattern of pre-S mutations/deletions and its association with hepatitis B virus genotypes in Eastern India
ICMR Virus Unit, Kolkata, India
Infect Genet Evol 12:384-91. 2012
..05). The study underscores the association of types of pre-S mutations with particular HBV genotype and clinical outcome in the study population...
- Characterization of antiviral resistance mutations among the Eastern Indian Hepatitis B virus infected population
ICMR Virus Unit, Kolkata, ID and BG Hospital Campus, Kolkata, India
Virol J 10:56. 2013
..Presence of drug-resistance mutations may get in the way of the efficacy of antiviral therapy. Our study was aimed at defining the prevalence of HBV drug-resistance in HBVrt region in a population of 147 HBsAg positive patients...
- Variations in the functional domain of basal core promoter of hepatitis B virus among Eastern Indian patients with prevalence of genotypes A, C, and D among the same ethnic population
ICMR Virus Unit, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
J Med Virol 83:253-60. 2011
..In conclusion, the analysis of the BCP variability may help in monitoring the progression towards advanced liver disease in Eastern Indian patients...