- Distal humerus lateral condyle fracture and Monteggia lesion in a 3-year old child: a case report
East Surrey Hospital, Surrey, United Kingdom
Acta Orthop Belg 74:542-5. 2008
..This is a rare combination of injuries with no previously reported cases in the literature. This case emphasises that when a fracture is detected around an elbow there should be a high index of suspicion for other injuries in the region...
- Improvement in quality of life after arthroscopic capsular release for contracture of the shoulder
Reading Shoulder Unit, Swallows Croft, Wensley Road, Coley Park, Reading RG1 6UZ, UK
Bone Joint J 95:942-6. 2013
- The venous thromboembolic complications of shoulder and elbow surgery: a systematic review
Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Biomedical Campus, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 0QQ, UK
Bone Joint J 95:70-4. 2013
..It seems reasonable to adopt a multimodal approach that involves all patients receiving mechanical prophylaxis, with chemical prophylaxis reserved for those who are at high risk for VTE...
- The effects of acute ethanol intake on isoniazid pharmacokinetics
R G Dattani
Department of Pharmacology, Therapeutics and Toxicology, UWCM Academic Centre, Llandough Hospital, University of Wales College of Medicine, CF64 2XX, Cardiff, UK
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 60:679-82. 2004
..To assess effects of acute ethanol intake on the pharmacokinetics of isoniazid in healthy male volunteers...
- Revision of the femoral prosthesis with impaction allografting
University College London, Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Brockley Hill, Stanmore, UK
Acta Orthop Belg 73:558-65. 2007
..This article reviews the biomechanical and biological characteristics of compacted morsellised graft, on the femoral side, and examines the clinical results of this technique and its future development...
- Injuries to the tibiofibular syndesmosis
East Surrey Hospital, Canada Avenue, Redhill RH1 5RH, UK
J Bone Joint Surg Br 90:405-10. 2008
..This paper reviews the relevant anatomy, the clinical and radiological diagnosis and the mechanism of trauma and alternative methods of treatment for injuries to the syndesmosis...
- Navigation knee replacement
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, East Surrey Hospital, Canada Road, Redhill, RH1 5RH, UK
Int Orthop 33:7-10. 2009
- Charcot foot
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, East Surrey Hospital, Redhill RH1 5RH
Br J Hosp Med (Lond) 69:357. 2008