Affiliation: Makassed Hospital / Ramallah Hospital
Location: Jerusalem / Ramallah, Israel
Establishment of the department of Cardiac surgery at Makassed Hospital in jerusalem.(1999)
Head of Department of Cardiac surgery in Ramallah Hospital.(2008)
Establishment of the department of Cardiac Surgery at the Palestinian medical complex in Ramallah (2000).
Initiate the first Palestinian board in cardiac surgery
Running the residency program of cardiac surgery
1)Surgical Treatment of Circumflex Coronary Aneurysm with Fistulous Connection to Coronary Sinus with Persistent Left Superior Vena Cava
Darwazah AK, Eida M, Batrawy M, Isleem I, Hanbali N. J Card Surg 2011 Oct 5. [Epub ahead of print]
2)MetS and Cardiovascular risk factors among Palestinians of East jerusalem
Abu Shama RA, Darwazah AK, Kufri FH, Yassin IM, Torok NI
East Mediterr Health J 2009 Nov -Dec;15(6):1464-73.
3)Candida Parapsilosis: an unusual organism causing prosthetic heart valve endocarditis
Darwazah A, Berg G, faris B .J infect 1999 Mar; 38(2):130-1
4)Right thoracotomy as a safer approach in redo mitral valve replacement
el Sayed, Darwazah AK. Tex Heart Inst J 1996;23(2):188
5)Conservative management of left atrial thrombus after CABG in a patient with normal mitral valve . Darwazah AK
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 2009 Dec;50(6):821-2.
- Abu Sham a R, Darwazah A, Kufri F, Yassin I, Torok N. MetS and cardiovascular risk factors among Palestinians of East Jerusalem. East Mediterr Health J. 2009;15:1464-73 pubmed..01). With the exception of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol and haemoglobin, there was a significantly higher prevalence of atherosclerotic markers among the MetS group. ..
- Darwazah A, Alhaddad I. Pulmonary artery agenesis associated with coronary collaterals among adults. J Cardiothorac Surg. 2016;11:109 pubmed publisher..The implications of such an anomaly on pulmonary artery pressure and lung pathology differs among both cases. The association of coronary collaterals is rare and its implication is variable among various patients. ..
- Darwazah A, Shoeb J, Eissa S. Pedunculated endocardial left ventricular fibroma presenting with cerebral and bilateral peripheral embolization. Ann Thorac Surg. 2010;89:965-7 pubmed publisher..Histopathologic examination confirmed the presence of fibroma associated with septic thrombus. The association of fibroma and embolization is rare...
- Darwazah A, Eida M, Batrawy M. Myxoma at junction of inferior vena cava and right atrium: surgical excision. Tex Heart Inst J. 2011;38:591-3 pubmed..The diagnosis was made with the aid of transesophageal echocardiography, which proved its superiority and accuracy in this application...
- Darwazah A, Kiswani M, Ismail H, Hawari M, Awad S. Aorto-right atrial fistula: a complication of prosthetic aortic valve endocarditis. A case report. J Heart Valve Dis. 2006;15:142-5 pubmed..The fistulous tract was diagnosed intraoperatively. Closure of the fistula was performed successfully in concordance with re-replacement of the aortic valve...