Sampo J Lahtinen
Affiliation: Danisco Innovation
- Association between the ABO blood group and the human intestinal microbiota compositionHarri Mäkivuokko
The Finnish Red Cross Blood Service, Helsinki, 00310, Finland
BMC Microbiol 12:94. 2012....
- Transcriptional analysis of oligosaccharide utilization by Bifidobacterium lactis Bl-04Joakim M Andersen
Enzyme and Protein Chemistry, Department of Systems Biology, Technical University of Denmark, Søltofts Plads Building 224, Kgs Lyngby DK 2800, Denmark
BMC Genomics 14:312. 2013..lactis Bl-04, induced by 11 potential prebiotic oligosaccharides were analyzed to identify the genetic loci involved in the uptake and catabolism of α- and β-linked hexoses, and β-xylosides...
- Some putative prebiotics increase the severity of Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium infection in miceAnne Petersen
The National Food Institute, Department of Microbiology and Risk Assessment, Technical University of Denmark, Moerkhoej Bygade 19, DK 2860 Soeborg, Denmark
BMC Microbiol 9:245. 2009....
- Effect of molecule branching and glycosidic linkage on the degradation of polydextrose by gut microbiotaSampo J Lahtinen
Danisco Bioactives, Health and Nutrition, Kantvik, Finland
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 74:2016-21. 2010..The results of this study demonstrate how intestinal microbes selectively degrade polydextrose, and provide an insight into the preferences of gut microbiota in the presence of different glycosidic linkages...
- Probiotic cheese containing Lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001 and Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM® modifies subpopulations of fecal lactobacilli and Clostridium difficile in the elderlySampo J Lahtinen
Danisco Bioactives, Health and Nutrition, Sokeritehtaantie 20, 02460, Kantvik, Finland
Age (Dordr) 34:133-43. 2012..difficile, but did not have significant effects on the major microbial groups or the fecal immune markers...
- Gut microbiota of healthy elderly NSAID users is selectively modified with the administration of Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM and lactitolMarika Björklund
Danisco Bioactives, Health and Nutrition, Sokeritehtaantie 20, Kantvik, Finland
Age (Dordr) 34:987-99. 2012..In conclusion, putatively beneficial changes in microbiota were observed in the elderly subjects supplemented with the synbiotic product...
- Treatment of bran containing bread by baking enzymes; effect on the growth of probiotic bacteria on soluble dietary fiber extract in vitroMarkku T Saarinen
Danisco Health and Nutrition, Kantvik, Finland
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 76:1135-9. 2012..In sum, the enzymes used to improve the baking process for high-fiber bread can also be used to produce in situ soluble fiber material, which in turn can exert prebiotic effects on certain potentially beneficial microbes...
- Bifidobacterium animalis ssp. lactis 420 Protects against Indomethacin-Induced Gastric Permeability in RatsAnna Lyra
DuPont Nutrition and Health, Kantvik Active Nutrition, Sokeritehtaantie 20, 02460 Kantvik, Finland
Gastroenterol Res Pract 2012:615051. 2012..lactis 420 supplementation protected the rats from an NSAID-induced increase in stomach permeability and may reduce the formation of more serious GI mucosal damage and/or enhance the recovery rate of the stomach mucosa...