- Alveolar fibrinolytic capacity suppressed by injurious mechanical ventilation
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Emma Children s Hospital, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 9, 1100 DD Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Intensive Care Med 31:724-32. 2005
..To investigate the effect of mechanical ventilation on alveolar fibrinolytic capacity...
- Mechanical ventilation affects alveolar fibrinolysis in LPS-induced lung injury
Dept of Anaesthesiology, Erasmus MC Faculty Rotterdam, Rotterdam, Amsterdam
Eur Respir J 28:992-8. 2006
..In conclusion, mechanical ventilation creates an alveolar/pulmonary anti-fibrinolytic milieu in endotoxin-induced lung injury which, at least in part, might be due to an increase in plasminogen activator inhibitor activity...
- Pediatric acute lung injury
Medical Center of Coburg, Children s Hospital, Ketschendorferstr 33, 96450 Coburg, Bayern, Germany
Paediatr Respir Rev 8:348-62. 2007
..Lung protective mechanical ventilation with optimal lung recruitment is the mainstay of supportive therapy. New therapeutic modalities refer to corticosteroid and surfactant treatment. Well-designed follow up studies are needed...
- Incidence and short-term outcome of acute lung injury in mechanically ventilated children
Dept of Paediatrics, Emma Children s Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Respir J 22:980-5. 2003
..Further investigations should confirm prognostic factors (e.g. respiratory parameters) for prediction of outcome...
- Ventilation practices in the neonatal intensive care unit: a cross-sectional study
Anton H van Kaam
Department of Neonatology, Emma Children s Hospital, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Pediatr 157:767-71.e1-3. 2010
..To assess current ventilation practices in newborn infants...
- Gender-based differences in children with sepsis and ARDS: the ESPNIC ARDS Database Group
University Childrens Hospital, Adenauerallee 119, 53113 Bonn, Germany
Intensive Care Med 29:1770-3. 2003
..Since levels of testosterone and other sex hormones are extremely low at this age, we conclude that factors others than testosterone are involved in the male preponderance in severe sepsis...
- Randomized controlled trial of aerosolized prostacyclin therapy in children with acute lung injury
Division of Pediatric Intensive Care, Department of Pediatrics, Emma Children s Hospital, Academic Medical Center of the University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Crit Care Med 32:1055-60. 2004
..To investigate whether aerosolized prostacyclin improves oxygenation in children with acute lung injury...