Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University Hospital
Country: Czech Republic
- Is FLT3 internal tandem duplication significant indicator for allogeneic transplantation in acute myeloid leukemia? An analysis of patients from the Czech Acute Leukemia Clinical Register (ALERT)M Doubek
Department of Internal Medicine Hematooncology, Masaryk University Hospital Brno, Czech Republic
Neoplasma 54:89-94. 2007..Decision to proceed to alogeneic transplantation should not be based on the FLT3 status only, but it should also consider other prognostic factors...
- Comparison of the effect of amphotericin B desoxycholate and amphotericin B colloidal dispersion on renal functions and renal morphology in ratsMichael Doubek
Department of Internal Medicine Haematology Oncology, University Hospital, 62500 Brno, Czech Republic
Nephrology (Carlton) 10:57-62. 2005..The goal of our study was to compare the effect of administration of AmB desoxycholate and ABCD on renal functions and renal morphology in rats...
- [Alemtuzumab in chronic lymphocytic leukemia treatment: retrospective analysis of outcome according to cytogenetics]M Doubek
Interní hematoonkologicá klinika Lékarské fakulty MU a FN Brno
Vnitr Lek 55:549-54. 2009..Alemtuzumab was effective across all cytogenetic categories evaluated. There were no statistically significant differences between subgroups in the level of efficacy...
- [Hereditary thrombocytopenia. Differential diagnosis of a case]M Doubek
Interní hemato onkologická klinika LF MU a FN, Brno
Cas Lek Cesk 142:683-6. 2003..We described clinical and laboratory features of three adult women from one family with recently diagnosed May-Hegglin anomaly. Described cases are probably the first observed cases of May-Hegglin anomaly in the Czech lands...
- Acute myeloid leukemia treatment in patients over 60 years of age. Comparison of symptomatic, palliative, and aggressive therapyM Doubek
Department of Internal Medicine Hematooncology, University Hospital, 625 00 Brno, Czech Republic
Neoplasma 52:411-4. 2005..Only marginal advantage in the median overall survival is observed in the group of aggressively treated patients...
- Modern and conventional prognostic markers of chronic lymphocytic leukaemia in the everyday haematological practiceMichael Doubek
Department of Internal Medicine Hematology Oncology, University Hospital Brno and Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Eur J Haematol 87:130-7. 2011..Therefore, the goal of this study was to assess the influence of conventional as well as modern prognostic factors on overall survival (OS) and time to therapy (TTT) of patients with CLL...
- [Treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukemia in adults with seven-drug induction therapy and intensive consolidation with or without autologous stem cell transplantation followed by maintenance therapy. Experience of a single center]M Doubek
Interní hematoonkologická klinika LF MU a FN, Brno
Cas Lek Cesk 141:122-6. 2002..The probability of leukemia-free survival is 20-40%. Philadelphia-chromosome positive (BCR-ABL positive) ALL has the worse prognosis. A single centre experience with treatment of ALL in adults is reported...
- [Safety of long-term administration of conventional amphotericin B in oncology patients]M Doubek
Interní hematoonkologická klinika FN, Brno
Cas Lek Cesk 141:156-9. 2002..Massive ion supplementation corresponding to the amounts lost in kidney, as well as the vigorous hydration are effective in the prevention of the renal function decrease induced by the long-term conventional amphotericin B therapy...
- Autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in adult acute lymphoblastic leukemia: still not out of fashionMichael Doubek
Department of Internal Medicine Hematooncology, University Hospital in Brno and Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Ann Hematol 88:881-7. 2009....
- Idiopathic systemic capillary leak syndrome misdiagnosed and treated as polycythemia veraMichael Doubek
Department of Internal Medicine Hematology Oncology, University Hospital Brno, Brno, Czech Republic
Acta Haematol 113:150-1. 2005
- Fludarabine with cytarabine followed by reduced-intensity conditioning and allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in patients with poor-risk chronic lymphocytic leukemiaMarta Krejci
Department of Internal Medicine, Hematology and Oncology, University Hospital Brno and Masaryk University, Jihlavska 20, Brno, Czech Republic
Ann Hematol 92:249-54. 2013..Other prospective clinical trials are needed to confirm the results of this novel therapeutic strategy...
- Gene expression profiling of acute graft-vs-host disease after hematopoietic stem cell transplantationJan Verner
Central European Institute of Technology, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic Center of Molecular Biology and Gene Therapy, Department of Internal Medicine, Hematology and Oncology, University Hospital Brno and Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Exp Hematol 40:899-905.e5. 2012..This indicates an involvement of similar immune regulatory pathways also in aGVHD. Our data support use of gene expression profiling at aGVHD onset for a prediction of its outcomes...
- The origin of deletion 22q11 in chronic lymphocytic leukemia is related to the rearrangement of immunoglobulin lambda light chain locusMarek Mraz
CEITEC, Center of Molecular Medicine, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Leuk Res 37:802-8. 2013..This demonstrates that this loss of genetic material is likely not pathogenic and in fact is merely a marker of IGL rearrangement...
- The outcome of chronic lymphocytic leukemia patients who relapsed after fludarabine, cyclophosphamide, and rituximabAnna Panovská
Department of Internal Medicine Hematology and Oncology, University Hospital, Brno and Faculty of medicine, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Eur J Haematol 90:479-85. 2013..There are minimal data about the efficacy of subsequent therapy in patients with relapse after FCR (fludarabine, cyclophosphamide, and rituximab) chemoimmunotherapy...
- Monoallelic and biallelic inactivation of TP53 gene in chronic lymphocytic leukemia: selection, impact on survival, and response to DNA damageJitka Malcikova
Department of Internal Medicine Hematooncology, University Hospital Brno and Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University, 62500 Brno, Czech Republic
Blood 114:5307-14. 2009..Mutation analysis of the TP53 should be performed before each treatment initiation because novel defects may be selected by previous therapies...
- Successful treatment of steroid-refractory hepatitic variant of liver graft-vs-host disease with pulse cyclophosphamideJiri Mayer
Department of Internal Medicine, Hemato Oncology, University Hospital Brno and Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Exp Hematol 37:767-73. 2009....
- High expression of lymphocyte-activation gene 3 (LAG3) in chronic lymphocytic leukemia cells is associated with unmutated immunoglobulin variable heavy chain region (IGHV) gene and reduced treatment-free survivalJana Kotaskova
Center of Molecular Biology and Gene Therapy, Department of Internal Medicine Hematology and Oncology, University Hospital Brno, Czech Republic
J Mol Diagn 12:328-34. 2010..Our findings contribute to the elucidation of CLL pathogenesis and provide novel prognostic markers for possible application in routine diagnostics...
- Combination of fludarabine, amsacrine, and cytarabine followed by reduced-intensity conditioning and allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in patients with high-risk acute myeloid leukemiaMarta Krejci
Department of Internal Medicine, Hematology and Oncology, University Hospital Brno and Masaryk University, Jihlavska 20, 625 00, Brno, Czech Republic
Ann Hematol 92:1397-403. 2013..001; HR = 0.205) were significant factors of better overall survival. The use of the FLAMSA-RIC protocol in suitable high-risk AML patients results in a long-term survival rate of over 40 %. ..
- Missense mutations located in structural p53 DNA-binding motifs are associated with extremely poor survival in chronic lymphocytic leukemiaMartin Trbusek
University Hospital Brno, Department of Internal Medicine Hematooncology, Czech Republic
J Clin Oncol 29:2703-8. 2011..There is a distinct connection between TP53 defects and poor prognosis in chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL). It remains unclear whether patients harboring TP53 mutations represent a homogenous prognostic group...
- ATM mutations uniformly lead to ATM dysfunction in chronic lymphocytic leukemia: application of functional test using doxorubicinVeronika Navrkalova
Department of Molecular Medicine, CEITEC Central European Institute of Technology, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Haematologica 98:1124-31. 2013....
- Potential biomarkers for early detection of acute graft-versus-host diseaseGabriela Lochmanová
Core Facility Proteomics, Central European Institute of Technology, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Proteomics Clin Appl 6:351-63. 2012....
- A case of a novel PML/RARA short fusion transcript with truncated transcription variant 2 of the RARA geneIvana Jeziskova
Center of Molecular Biology and Gene Therapy, Department of Internal Medicine Hemato Oncology, University Hospital Brno and Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Mol Diagn Ther 14:113-7. 2010..According to our knowledge, this differs from all previously described fusion transcripts...
- Clinical outcomes and direct hospital costs of reduced-intensity allogeneic transplantation in chronic myeloid leukemiaM Krejci
Department of Internal Medicine Hematooncology, University Hospital Brno, Brno, Czech Republic
Bone Marrow Transplant 38:483-91. 2006..Flu+Bu+ATG is a low-toxicity regimen for patients with CML. However, a close follow-up is necessary and about 50% of the patients require further therapeutic intervention...
- Mycophenolate mofetil for the treatment of acute and chronic steroid-refractory graft-versus-host diseaseMarta Krejci
Department of Internal Medicine Hematooncology, Masaryk University Hospital, Jihlavska 20, Brno, 625 00, Czech Republic
Ann Hematol 84:681-5. 2005..Five patients died--two of relapses of leukemia and three of refractory intestinal GvHD. These results suggest that MMF can be an effective treatment for some cases of steroid-refractory GvHD...
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia and focusing on epidemiology and management in everyday hematologic practice: recent data from the Czech Leukemia Study Group for Life (CELL)Anna Panovská
Department of Internal Medicine Hematology Oncology, University Hospital and Masaryk University Brno, Brno, Czech Republic
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk 10:297-300. 2010..The aim of our study was to find out the accurate epidemiologic situation of CLL and the diagnostic and therapeutic preferences of hematologists in the preselect area: the South Moravian Region (1,127,718 inhabitants, white race)...
- [Molecular genetic characterization of chronic lymphocytic leukemia aggressivity in Czech patients: a nucleotide variability of genes coding for heavy chain of immunoglobulin]V Kuhrova
Centrum molekulárni biologie a genové terapie FN, Brno
Cas Lek Cesk 145:855-8; discussion 859-60. 2006....
- [Essential thrombocythaemia and other myeloproliferative disorders with thrombocythaemia treated with Thromboreductin. A report from the database of register for the 1st quarter of 2010]M Penka
Oddelení klinické hematologie FN Brno, pracoviste Bohunice
Vnitr Lek 56:503-12. 2010..Even though the care results from the analysed data improve every year, the Register helps to uncover some issues that still remain, such as treatment intensification and other treatment modifications...
- [Universities need to have high quality education as well as an effective quality control of their students' (products') knowledge and skill base]Z Adam
Interní hematoonkologická klinika Lékarské fakulty MU a FN Brno
Vnitr Lek 56:624-8. 2010..This is achievable ifwe manage to establish a computer teaching room, i.e. examination room, and transform a vast number of questions into high quality multiple choice tests...
- Reduced nephrotoxicity of conventional amphotericin B therapy after minimal nephroprotective measures: animal experiments and clinical studyJ Mayer
Department of Internal Medicine Hemato Oncology, University Hospital Brno, Czech Republic
J Infect Dis 186:379-88. 2002..The serum ion concentration and creatinine clearance remained stable. No clinically significant renal damage developed to force premature cessation of AmB treatment...
- [What is the current treatment of patients with essential thrombocytopenia and other myeloproliferations accompanied with thrombocythemia [corrected] and what can be the predictive sign of the risk of thrombosis in such patients--a report from the registrM Penka
Oddelení klinické hematologie FN Brno
Vnitr Lek 54:775-82. 2008..e. the complete (or partial) treatment response, is relatively slow to achieve. This is likely to be due to lack of radical corrections in the dosage of the drug for different reasons...
- Interleukin-2 activation of haematopoietic stem cellsR Hajek
Department of Internal Medicine Hematooncology, Department of Clinical Hematology, University Hospital Brno, Bohunice, Jihlavska 20, CZ 639 00 Brno, Czech Republic
Acta Med Austriaca 29:61-7. 2002..Interleukin 2 (IL-2) activation of autologous bone marrow (BM) or peripheral blood stem cells (PBSC) before transplantation is one of the methods of adoptive cell therapy...
- Ifosfamide- and etoposide-based chemotherapy as salvage and mobilizing regimens for poor prognosis lymphomaJ Mayer
Department of Internal Medicine Hematooncology, University Hospital, Brno
Eur J Haematol Suppl 64:21-7. 2001..0 x 10(6)/kg in only two patients (3%). The toxicity of VIM and MINE was minimal and chemotherapy-induced trombocytopenia did not occur with PBSC collection...
- [Activation of autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplants with interleukin-2]R Hajek
Interní hematoonkologická klinika FN, Brno Bohunice
Cas Lek Cesk 140:430-5. 2001..In laboratory conditions we have manipulated with autologous grafts form patients suffering with chronic myelocytic leukemia and patients suffering with multiple myeloma...
- [Therapy of chronic myeloid leukemia. Uncommon view of the modern approaches]J Mayer
Interní hematoonkologická klinika FN, Brno
Cas Lek Cesk 147:206-10. 2008....
- [Essential thrombocytemia and other myeloproliferations with thrombocytemia in the data of the register of patients treated with Thromboreductin till the end of 2006]M Penka
Oddelení klinické hematologie FN Brno
Vnitr Lek 53:653-61. 2007..The therapeutic objective is attained at a relatively slow rate (according to overall stratification under 400 or under 600 x 10(9)/l thrombocytes), which is probably due to insufficient dose adjustment...
- [Treatment of adult acute lymphoblastic leukemia according to GMALL 07/2003 study protocol in the Czech Republic - the first experience]F Folber
Internl hematoonkologická kIinika Lékarské fakulty MU a FN Brno
Vnitr Lek 56:176-82. 2010..We present two years' experience in the treatment of adult acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) according to the German GMALL 07/2003 study protocol at CELL (Czech leukemia study group--for life) hematological centers in the Czech Republic...
- Pulse cyclophosphamide for corticosteroid-refractory graft-versus-host diseaseJ Mayer
Department of Internal Medicine Hemato Oncology, University Hospital Brno, Brno, Czech Republic
Bone Marrow Transplant 35:699-705. 2005..The cost of the drug was negligible, especially when compared to monoclonal antibodies. Pulse Cy requires further investigation in corticosteroid-resistant GVHD...
- [The results of patients with essentials thrombocythemia and other myeloproliferation-related thrombocythemia--a report of patients treated with Thromboreductin]M Penka
Oddelení klinické hematologie FN Brno
Vnitr Lek 55:I-XII. 2009....
- [Anagrelide in the treatment of essential thrombocythemia (ET) and other myeloproliferative disorders with thrombocythemia based on data from patient register in the CR]M Penka
Oddelení klinické hematologie FN Brno
Vnitr Lek 52:498-503. 2006..At the moment patient register contains data from 154 patients...
- [Rare diagnosis of CD4+56+ leukemia from dendritic cells type DC2]M Klabusay
Interní hematoonkologická klinika LF MU a FN, Brno
Cas Lek Cesk 147:511-5. 2008..However, this aggressive disease requires radical approach with intensive chemotherapy regimens, prophylaxis of CNS involvement and early indication of allogeneic bone marrow transplantation. Two case reports are described...
- The planar cell polarity pathway drives pathogenesis of chronic lymphocytic leukemia by the regulation of B-lymphocyte migrationMarketa Kaucka
Institute of Experimental Biology, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Cancer Res 73:1491-501. 2013..PCP proteins represent an important class of molecules regulating pathogenic interaction of CLL cells with their microenvironment...
- MicroRNA-650 expression is influenced by immunoglobulin gene rearrangement and affects the biology of chronic lymphocytic leukemiaMarek Mraz
Center of Molecular Medicine, Central European Institute of Technology, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Blood 119:2110-3. 2012..This study underscores the importance of miR-650 in CLL biology and normal B-cell physiology...
- Presence of heterozygous ATM deletion may not be critical in the primary response of chronic lymphocytic leukemia cells to fludarabineSona Cejkova
Department of Internal Medicine Hematooncology, University Hospital and Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Eur J Haematol 82:133-42. 2009....
- Retention of nanoparticles-labeled bone marrow mononuclear cells in the isolated ex vivo perfused heart after myocardial infarction in animal modelMartin Klabusay
Department of Internal Medicine Hematooncology, University Hospital Brno and Masaryk University, Jihlavska 20, Brno 625 00, Czech Republic
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 234:222-31. 2009..Bone marrow mononuclear cells labeled with iron oxide nanoparticles proved the ability to migrate in the myocardium interstitium with significantly higher affinity for the tissue damaged by infarction...
- Detection and treatment of molecular relapse in acute myeloid leukemia with RUNX1 (AML1), CBFB, or MLL gene translocations: frequent quantitative monitoring of molecular markers in different compartments and correlation with WT1 gene expressionMichael Doubek
Department of Internal Medicine Hematooncology, University Hospital Brno, Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Exp Hematol 37:659-72. 2009....
- Intracoronary delivery of bone marrow cells to the acutely infarcted myocardium. Optimization of the delivery techniqueJaroslav Meluzin
1st Department of Internal Medicine Cardioangiology, St Anna Hospital, ICRC, Masaryk University, Pekarska 53, Brno, Czech Republic
Cardiology 112:98-106. 2009..Intracoronary cell transplantation during catheter balloon inflations may be associated with adverse events. We studied the effectiveness of an alternative transplantation technique--intracoronary cell infusion...
- Inactivation of p53 and amplification of MYCN gene in a terminal lymphoblastic relapse in a chronic lymphocytic leukemia patientKaterina Stano-Kozubik
Department of Internal Medicine Hematooncology, University Hospital Brno and Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University, Jihlavska 20, 625 00 Brno, Czech Republic
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 189:53-8. 2009..Our case-study supports the view that the aberrant somatic hypermutation is associated with transformation of CLL to a more aggressive malignancy...
- Increased expression of fibroblast growth factor receptor 3 in CD34+ BCR-ABL+ cells from patients with chronic myeloid leukemiaP Dvorak
Department of Molecular Embryology, Institute of Experimental Medicine, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Brno, Czech Republic
Leukemia 17:2418-25. 2003..These findings have implications for the involvement of FGFR-3 in malignant hematopoiesis and depict FGFR-3 tyrosine kinase in CD34+ leukemic cells as a possible target for tyrosine kinase inhibitors...
- Efficacy of rituximab in primary immune thrombocytopenia: an analysis of adult pretreated patients from everyday hematological practiceLibor Cervinek
Department of Internal Medicine Hematology and Oncology, University Hospital and Masaryk University, Jihlavska 20, 62500 Brno, Czech Republic
Int J Hematol 96:594-9. 2012..The results of our analysis "from everyday hematological practice" confirm the high efficiency of rituximab treatment in pretreated adult patients with ITP...
- Reduced-intensity allografting for chronic myeloid leukemia in the first chronic phaseMichael Doubek
Haematologica 89:ELT03. 2004
- Analysis of risk factors: the rationale of the guidelines of the Czech Hematological Society for diagnosis and treatment of chronic myeloproliferative disorders with thrombocythemiaJiri Schwarz
Clinical Section, Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion, Prague, Czech Republic
Semin Thromb Hemost 32:231-45. 2006..In low-risk patients, antiaggregation therapy is sufficient, unless the platelet count exceeds 1,000 x 10 (9)/L, which is another indication for thromboreduction. Thrombopheresis is indicated in thrombocythemia > 2,000 x 10 (9)/L...
- Position of nonmuscle myosin heavy chain IIA (NMMHC-IIA) mutations predicts the natural history of MYH9-related diseaseAlessandro Pecci
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pavia and Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico IRCCS, Policlinico San Matteo Foundation, Pavia, Italy
Hum Mutat 29:409-17. 2008..These findings are relevant not only to patients' clinical management but also to the elucidation of the pathogenesis of the disease...