Country: Czech Republic
- Can procalcitonin help us in timing of re-intervention in septic patients after multiple trauma or major surgery?Petr Svoboda
Traumatological Hospital Brno, Research Center for Traumatology and Surgery, Brno
Hepatogastroenterology 54:359-63. 2007..The discrimination between local and generalized infection is critical for correct treatment...
- Terlipressin in the treatment of late phase catecholamine-resistant septic shockPetr Svoboda
Trauma Hospital Brno, Research Center for Traumatology and Surgery, Brno, Czech Republic
Hepatogastroenterology 59:1043-7. 2012..In this situation, addition of vasopressin or terlipressin can be advantageous. The aim of our pilot study was to evaluate the impact of terlipressin on open label norepinephrine requirements and mortality...
- The BRAIN TRIAL: a randomised, placebo controlled trial of a Bradykinin B2 receptor antagonist (Anatibant) in patients with traumatic brain injuryHaleema Shakur
Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT, UK
Trials 10:109. 2009..We evaluated the safety and effectiveness of the non-peptide bradykinin B2 receptor antagonist Anatibant in the treatment of patients with traumatic brain injury. During the course of the trial, funding was withdrawn by the sponsor...
- [CRASH--the first large randomized controlled study of head injuries]P Svoboda
University of London, CRASH Co ordinating Center, UK
Rozhl Chir 80:453-5. 2001..This calls for unselfish cooperation of physicians and nurses world-wide. In the Czech Republic so far six departments participate in the study and we would be glad if this number would increase substantially...
- Helicobacter pylori is not a risk factor for stress ulcer bleeding in polytraumatized patientsPetr Svoboda
Traumatological Hospital Brno, Research Center for Traumatology and Surgery, Brno, Czech Republic
Hepatogastroenterology 51:476-80. 2004..The aim of our study was to evaluate the relationship between Helicobacter pylori serological status of patients developing stress-related bleeding and those with no appearance of upper gastrointestinal bleeding...
- Our experience with transoral incisionless plication of gastroesophageal reflux disease: NOTES procedurePetr Svoboda
Trauma Hospital, Brno, Czech Republic
Hepatogastroenterology 58:1208-13. 2011..Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) appears to be the most promising application of NOTES treatment. The aims of our study were to evaluate the safety and efficacy of this procedure and length of hospital stay...
- Stress ulcer prophylaxis in critically ill patients: a randomized controlled trialIlona Kantorova
Traumatological Hospital Brno, Research Center for Traumatology and Surgery, Czech Republic
Hepatogastroenterology 51:757-61. 2004..Furthermore, our data suggested that especially gastric pH increasing medication could increase the risk for nosocomial pneumonia. Routine prophylaxis for stress-related bleeding even in high-risk patients seems not to be justified...
- Therapeutic influence of 20 % albumin versus 6% hydroxyethylstarch on extravascular lung water in septic patients: a randomized controlled trialMartin Dolecek
Trauma Hospital Brno, Czech Republic
Hepatogastroenterology 56:1622-8. 2009....