Genomes and Genes
Country: Czech Republic
- Shared ancestral susceptibility to colorectal cancer and other nutrition related diseasesStefanie Huhn
Department of Molecular Genetic Epidemiology, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Heidelberg, Germany
BMC Med Genet 13:94. 2012..A two-stage case-control study on CRC susceptibility was conducted to assess the influence of the ancestral alleles in the polymorphisms previously associated with nutrition-related complex diseases...
- Comparative analysis of thymidylate synthase, thymidine phosphorylase and dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase expression in colorectal cancer and surrounding normal tissueM Zimovjanova
Department of Oncology, General Teaching Hospital, 12880 Prague, Czech Republic
Neoplasma 52:208-10. 2005..87; 2.32 and 4.50 for tumors and 2.14; 2.63 and 11.64 for normal tissue. We did not find any significant differences in TS, TP and DPD gene expression between colorectal tumor and surrounding mucosa...
- Breast cancer risk assessment in the Czech female population--an adjustment of the original Gail modelJan Novotny
Department of Oncology, General Teaching Hospital, Prague, Czech Republic
Breast Cancer Res Treat 95:29-35. 2006..Such models can help clinicians to choose appropriate preventive and therapeutic interventions for each patient. Unfortunately, the validity of these models has not been tested outside the USA...
- A gene-wide investigation on polymorphisms in the taste receptor 2R14 (TAS2R14) and susceptibility to colorectal cancerDaniele Campa
German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Heidelberg, Germany
BMC Med Genet 11:88. 2010..TAS2R14 is one of the better characterized members of the taste receptor family and has several polymorphic variants. Several substances that have been shown to activate TAS2R14 are powerful toxic and carcinogenic agents...
- Polymorphisms of genes coding for ghrelin and its receptor in relation to colorectal cancer risk: a two-step gene-wide case-control studyDaniele Campa
Genomic Epidemiology Group, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
BMC Gastroenterol 10:112. 2010..Accumulating evidence also indicates a role of ghrelin in cancer development...
- Association of serum bilirubin and promoter variations in HMOX1 and UGT1A1 genes with sporadic colorectal cancerAlena Jiraskova
4th Department of Internal Medicine, 1st Faculty of Medicine, Charles University in Prague, Prague, Czech Republic
Int J Cancer 131:1549-55. 2012..001). In conclusion, UGT1A1*28 allele carrier status might be a protective factor against the development of CRC in the male population, whereas low serum bilirubin levels are associated with an increased risk of CRC in both genders...
- High proportion of recurrent germline mutations in the BRCA1 gene in breast and ovarian cancer patients from the Prague areaPetr Pohlreich
Department of Biochemistry and Experimental Oncology, First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Breast Cancer Res 7:R728-36. 2005..The purpose of our study was to estimate the incidence and spectrum of pathogenic mutations in BRCA1/2 genes in high-risk Czech families...
- Polymorphisms in miRNA-binding sites of nucleotide excision repair genes and colorectal cancer riskAlessio Naccarati
Department of Molecular Biology of Cancer, Institute of Experimental Medicine, Prague, Czech Republic
Carcinogenesis 33:1346-51. 2012..Variation in miRNA target binding sites in the 3'untranslated region of NER genes may be important for modulating colorectal cancer risk, with a different relevance according to tumor location...
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms in the multidrug resistance gene 1 (ABCB1): effects on its expression and clinicopathological characteristics in breast cancer patientsRadka Vaclavikova
Biotransformation Group, Center of Occupational Health, National Institute of Public Health, Prague, Czech Republic
Pharmacogenet Genomics 18:263-73. 2008..The main aim of this study was to assess the prognostic value of ABCB1 genotype and phenotype in breast cancer...
- The CHEK2 c.1100delC germline mutation rarely contributes to breast cancer development in the Czech RepublicZdenek Kleibl
Department of Biochemistry and Experimental Oncology, First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, U nemocnice 5, Prague, 12853, Czech Republic
Breast Cancer Res Treat 90:165-7. 2005..1100delC mutation varies among different populations. Based on our results, genotyping of CHEK2 c.1100delC mutation in clinical settings in the Czech Republic could not be recommended...
- NBN 657del5 heterozygous mutations and colorectal cancer risk in the Czech RepublicBarbara Pardini
Institute of Experimental Medicine, Academy of Sciences of Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
Mutat Res 666:64-7. 2009..The present results do not provide any evidence that the exceeding risk of CRC in this population is attributable to the high frequency of heterozygous carriage of the NBN 657del5...
- KIT receptor is expressed in more than 50% of early-stage malignant melanoma: a retrospective study of 261 patientsFilip Janku
Department of Oncology, First Faculty of Medicine, General Teaching Hospital, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Melanoma Res 15:251-6. 2005..The therapeutic impact of KIT expression in malignant melanoma is uncertain. Results of ongoing pilot phase II studies may validate the efficacy of imatinib mesylate in malignant melanoma expressing KIT...
- Symptomatic control of hypoglycaemia with prednisone in refractory metastatic pancreatic insulinomaJan Novotny
Department of Oncology, First Faculty of Medicine, General Teaching Hospital, Charles University, 128 08 Praha 2, Czech Republic
Support Care Cancer 13:760-2. 2005..5 mg with excellent symptomatic effects. In conclusion, prednisone therapy may be considered as a valid option to achieve symptomatic control in hormonally active therapeutically resistant insulinomas...