Affiliation: National Radiation Protection Institute
Country: Czech Republic
- Dose conversion of radon exposure according to new epidemiological findingsL Tomasek
National Radiation Protection Institute, Bartoskova 28, Prague CZ 140 00, Czech Republic
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 130:98-100. 2008....
- Lung cancer risk from occupational and environmental radon and role of smoking in two Czech nested case-control studiesLadislav Tomasek
National Radiation Prtotection Institute, Bartoskova 28, Prague, Czech Republic
Int J Environ Res Public Health 10:963-79. 2013..In comparison to the multiplicative risk model, the lifetime risk from the best geometric mixture model is considerably higher, particularly in the non-smoking population...
- Lung cancer mortality among Czech uranium miners-60 years since exposureLadislav Tomasek
National Radiation Protection Institute, Bartoskova 28, Prague, Czech Republic
J Radiol Prot 32:301-14. 2012..Simultaneously, the ERR/WLM decreases with age at exposure - 63% and 49% at ages 30-39 and 40 +years in comparison to age at exposure <30 years...
- Lung cancer in a Czech cohort exposed to radon in dwellings--50 years of follow-upL Tomasek
National Radiation Protection Institute, Prague 4, Bartoskova 28, Czech Republic
Neoplasma 59:559-65. 2012..The present follow-up demonstrated that increased incidence of lung cancer depends mainly on exposure from previous 5-19 years. The relative risk of lung cancer in the present study derived from this model is 1.53 (90%CI: 1.39 - 1.69)...
- Lung cancer in French and Czech uranium miners: Radon-associated risk at low exposure rates and modifying effects of time since exposure and age at exposureLadislav Tomasek
National Radiation Protection Institute, Praque, Czech Republic
Radiat Res 169:125-37. 2008..No inverse exposure-rate effect below 4 WL was observed. The results are consistent with estimates of the BEIR VI report using the concentration model at an exposure rate below 0.5 WL...
- Interaction of radon and smoking among Czech uranium minersL Tomasek
National Radiation Protection Institute, Bartoskova 28, CZ 140 00 Prague, Czech Republic
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 145:238-42. 2011..The RRs from combined effects are substantially lower than the risk derived from the multiplicative model, but somewhat higher than those from the additive model. The work was supported by the Czech Ministry of Health (IGA NS 10596)...
- Leukemia among uranium miners--late effects of exposure to uranium dust?Ladislav Tomasek
Health Phys 86:426-7. 2004
- Comment on "Studies of radon-exposed miner cohorts using a biologically based model: comparison of current Czech and French data with historic data from China and Colorado" by W.F. Heidenreich, L. Tomasek, A. Rogel, D. Laurier, M. Tirmarche (200Dominique Laurier
Laboratory of Epidemiology, Institute for Radiological Protection and Nuclear Safety IRSN, BP 17, 92262 Fontenay aux Roses Cedex, France
Radiat Environ Biophys 44:155-6. 2005