Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Masaryk University
Country: Czech Republic
- Burkovics P, Dome L, Juhasz S, Altmannova V, Sebesta M, Pacesa M, et al. The PCNA-associated protein PARI negatively regulates homologous recombination via the inhibition of DNA repair synthesis. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:3176-89 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal a novel human regulatory mechanism that limits the extent of HR and represents a new potential target for anticancer therapy. ..
- Di Marco S, Hasanova Z, Kanagaraj R, Chappidi N, Altmannova V, Menon S, et al. RECQ5 Helicase Cooperates with MUS81 Endonuclease in Processing Stalled Replication Forks at Common Fragile Sites during Mitosis. Mol Cell. 2017;66:658-671.e8 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that RECQ5 removes RAD51 filaments stabilizing stalled replication forks at CFSs and hence facilitates CFS cleavage by MUS81-EME1. ..
- Taylor M, Å pÃrek M, Chaurasiya K, Ward J, Carzaniga R, Yu X, et al. Rad51 Paralogs Remodel Pre-synaptic Rad51 Filaments to Stimulate Homologous Recombination. Cell. 2015;162:271-286 pubmed publisher..We propose that Rad51 paralogs stimulate HR by remodeling the Rad51 filament, priming it for strand exchange with the template duplex. ..
- Sarangi P, Altmannova V, Holland C, Bartosova Z, Hao F, Anrather D, et al. A versatile scaffold contributes to damage survival via sumoylation and nuclease interactions. Cell Rep. 2014;9:143-52 pubmed publisher..These effects of Saw1 and its sumoylation suggest that Saw1 is a multifunctional scaffold that can facilitate diverse types of DNA repair through its modification and nuclease interactions. ..
- Zadorozhny K, Sannino V, Belan O, Mlcousková J, Spirek M, Costanzo V, et al. Fanconi-Anemia-Associated Mutations Destabilize RAD51 Filaments and Impair Replication Fork Protection. Cell Rep. 2017;21:333-340 pubmed publisher..Our results further interconnect the FA pathway with DNA replication and provide mechanistic insight into the role of RAD51 in recombination-independent mechanisms of genome maintenance. ..
- Taylor M, Spirek M, Jian Ma C, Carzaniga R, Takaki T, Collinson L, et al. A Polar and Nucleotide-Dependent Mechanism of Action for RAD51 Paralogs in RAD51 Filament Remodeling. Mol Cell. 2016;64:926-939 pubmed publisher..Finally, we discover that filament capping and stabilization are dependent on nucleotide binding, but not hydrolysis by RFS-1/RIP-1. These data define the mechanism of RAD51 filament remodeling by RAD51 paralogs. ..