Affiliation: Masaryk University
Country: Czech Republic
- Participation of the subthalamic nucleus in executive functions: An intracerebral recording studyMarek Balaz
Department of Neurology, Movement Disorders Centre, St Anne s University Hospital, Medical School of Masaryk University, Pekarska 53, Brno, Czech Republic
Mov Disord 23:553-7. 2008..This could suggest that the STN takes part in the executive function processing...
- The effect of cortical repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation on cognitive event-related potentials recorded in the subthalamic nucleusM Balaz
Department of Neurology, St Anne s University Hospital, Medical School of Masaryk University, Pekarska 53, 656 91, Brno, Czech Republic
Exp Brain Res 203:317-27. 2010..Connections (the IFC-STN hyperdirect pathway) with the cortex that bypass the BG-thalamocortical circuitries could explain the position of the STN in the processing of executive functions...
- Cognitive event-related potentials and oscillations in the subthalamic nucleusIvan Rektor
First Department of Neurology, Masaryk University, St Anne s Hospital, Pekarska 53, CZ 656 91 Brno, Czech Republic
Neurodegener Dis 7:160-2. 2010..The cognitive role of the subthalamic nucleus (STN) remains largely unknown...
- Complex motor-cognitive factors processed in the anterior nucleus of the thalamus: an intracerebral recording studyMartina Bocková
First Department of Neurology, Masaryk University, St Anne s University Hospital, Pekarska 53, 656 91, Brno, Czech Republic
Brain Topogr 28:269-78. 2015..The AN participates in cognitive networks processing complex motor-cognitive tasks. Attention should be paid to executive functions in subjects undergoing AN-DBS. ..
- The role of brain shift, patient age, and Parkinson's disease duration in the difference between anatomical and electrophysiological targets for subthalamic stimulationJan Chrastina
Department of Neurosurgery, Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University, St Anne s Teaching Hospital, Brno, Czech Republic
Br J Neurosurg 27:676-82. 2013....
- DBS amplitude setting can improve aspects of quality of life in patients with Parkinson's diseaseMarek Balaz
1st Department of Neurology, Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University, St Anne s University Hospital, Pekarska 53, 65691, Brno, Czech Republic
J Neural Transm 120:643-8. 2013..The meticulous observation of QoL should be a routine part of assessments before and after the DBS STN surgery, and can even aid during the parameter setting...
- Cognitive activities in the subthalamic nucleus. Invasive studiesIvan Rektor
First Department of Neurology, Masaryk University, St Anne s Hospital, Brno, Czech Republic
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 15:S83-6. 2009....
- Involvement of the subthalamic nucleus in cognitive functions -- a conceptMarek Balaz
Central European Institute of Technology CEITEC, Department of Neurology, St Anne s University Hospital, Medical School of Masaryk University, Pekarska 53, 656 91 Brno, Czech Republic
J Neurol Sci 310:96-9. 2011..The exact role of the STN and the BG in non-motor functions remains an important and interesting challenge for future research...
- Subthalamic nucleus involvement in executive functions with increased cognitive load: a subthalamic nucleus and anterior cingulate cortex depth recording studyStefania Rusnáková Aulická
Department of Child Neurology, University Hospital, Medical School of Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
J Neural Transm 121:1287-96. 2014..The specificity and complexity of task-related activation of the STN might indicate the involvement of the STN in processes controlling human behaviour, e.g. in the selection and inhibition of competing alternatives...