Affiliation: Institute of Vertebrate Biology
Country: Czech Republic
- Hubalek Z, Rudolf I, Bakonyi T, Kazdová K, Halouzka J, Sebesta O, et al. Mosquito (Diptera: Culicidae) surveillance for arboviruses in an area endemic for West Nile (Lineage Rabensburg) and Tahyna viruses in Central Europe. J Med Entomol. 2010;47:466-72 pubmed..This species feeds mostly on mammals including man; this raises the question whether this virus lineage is not adapted to an alternative mosquito-mammal cycle in the South-Moravian natural focus...
- Hubalek Z, Halouzka J, Juricová Z, Sikutová S, Rudolf I. Effect of forest clearing on the abundance of Ixodes ricinus ticks and the prevalence of Borrelia burgdorferi s.l. Med Vet Entomol. 2006;20:166-72 pubmed..ricinus in the tick (and borrelial) colonization of the cleared part of the forest. ..
- Hubalek Z. Emmonsiosis of wild rodents and insectivores in Czechland. J Wildl Dis. 1999;35:243-9 pubmed..The frequency of infected mammals also varied according to geographic area, altitude, habitat, and season...
- Joó K, Bakonyi T, Szenci O, Sárdi S, Ferenczi E, Barna M, et al. Comparison of assays for the detection of West Nile virus antibodies in equine serum after natural infection or vaccination. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2017;183:1-6 pubmed publisher..HIT cannot be used as a substitute for ELISA or PRNT when detecting IgG, but it proved to be a useful tool in this study to gain statistical information about the tendencies within a fixed population of horses. ..
- Hubalek Z, Nesvadbova J, Halouzka J. Emmonsiosis of rodents in an agroecosystem. Med Mycol. 1998;36:387-90 pubmed..4% vs. 18.5%, respectively). The difference in the infection rate between the two habitats of the agroecosystem could be caused or affected by land use and farming technology...
- Hubalek Z, Halouzka J. Prevalence rates of Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato in host-seeking Ixodes ricinus ticks in Europe. Parasitol Res. 1998;84:167-72 pubmed..Some technical problems of these methods are discussed. ..