Affiliation: Institute of Endocrinology
Country: Czech Republic
- Hill M, Cibula D, Havlikova H, Kancheva L, Fait T, Kancheva R, et al. Circulating levels of pregnanolone isomers during the third trimester of human pregnancy. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2007;105:166-75 pubmed
- Hill M, Bilek R, Safarik L, Starka L. Analysis of relations between serum levels of epitestosterone, estradiol, testosterone, IGF-1 and prostatic specific antigen in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia and carcinoma of the prostate. Physiol Res. 2000;49 Suppl 1:S113-8 pubmed..01) in partial correlations. PSA levels were higher in patients with prostate cancer (p<0.00001). Epitestosterone, which is negatively correlating with estradiol and IGF-1, may modulate the development of prostate diseases. ..
- Aldhoon Hainerová I, Zamrazilová H, Hill M, Hainer V. Insulin sensitivity and its relation to hormones in adolescent boys and girls. Metabolism. 2017;67:90-98 pubmed publisher..Metabolic health defined by HOMA-IR is partly predicted by various hormones. Some of them are gender specific. Free T4/TSH and leptin/adiponectin ratios are related to insulin sensitivity in both genders. ..
- Chrbolka P, PalÃºch Z, Hill M, AluÅ¡Ãk Å. Circulating steroids negatively correlate with tinnitus. Steroids. 2017;123:37-42 pubmed publisher..Our results may help explain the pathophysiology of tinnitus and improve its diagnosis. However, further studies are needed to verify our postulation. ..
- Kahleova H, Tura A, Hill M, Holubkov R, Barnard N. A Plant-Based Dietary Intervention Improves Beta-Cell Function and Insulin Resistance in Overweight Adults: A 16-Week Randomized Clinical Trial. Nutrients. 2018;10: pubmed publisher..25; p = 0.04), but not with changes in visceral fat. Beta-cell function and insulin sensitivity were significantly improved through a low-fat plant-based diet in overweight adults. ..
- Hill M, Havlikova H, Vrbikova J, Kancheva R, Kancheva L, Pouzar V, et al. The identification and simultaneous quantification of 7-hydroxylated metabolites of pregnenolone, dehydroepiandrosterone, 3beta,17beta-androstenediol, and testosterone in human serum using gas chromatography-mass spectrometry. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2005;96:187-200 pubmed..Despite the three times lower concentration of AD-metabolites, their antiglucocorticoid, immunomodulatory, and neuroprotective effects may be comparable to that of DHEA based on their reported greater biological activity. ..
- Hill M, Bicikova M, Pařízek A, Havlikova H, Klak J, Fajt T, et al. Neuroactive steroids, their precursors and polar conjugates during parturition and postpartum in maternal blood: 2. Time profiles of pregnanolone isomers. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2001;78:51-7 pubmed..A decrease was also observed in the ratio of 3 alpha/3 beta-isomers and 5 alpha/5 beta-isomers around parturition. The possible physiological consequences of the findings are indicated. ..
- Sterzl I, Hill M, Starka L, Velikova M, Kanceva R, Jemelková J, et al. Patients with IgA nephropathy have altered levels of immunomodulatory C19 steroids. Glucocorticoid therapy with addition of adrenal androgens may be the choice. Physiol Res. 2017;66:S433-S442 pubmed..Based on these results and data from the literature, we addressed the question, whether a combination of GCs with delta(5)-steroids or their more stable synthetic derivatives may be optimal for the treatment of antibodies-mediated ADs. ..