Affiliation: Institute of Scientific Instruments
Country: Czech Republic
- Measure of the QT-RR dynamic coupling in patients with the long QT syndromeJosef Halamek
Institute of Scientific Instruments, AS CR, Brno, Czech Republic
Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol 17:323-30. 2012..The patients with the long QT syndrome type-1 (LQT-1) have an impaired adaptation of the QT interval to heart rate changes. Yet, the description of the dynamic QT-RR coupling in genotyped LQT-1 has never been thoroughly investigated...
- Excitation specificity of repolarization parametersJ Halamek
Institute of Scientific Instruments, Academy of Sciences, Czech Republic, Kralovopolska 147, 612 64 Brno, Czech Republic
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2011:961-4. 2011....
- Variability of phase shift between blood pressure and heart rate fluctuations: a marker of short-term circulation controlJosef Halamek
Institute of Scientific Instruments, Academy of Sciences, Kralovopolska 147, 612 64 Brno, Czech Republic
Circulation 108:292-7. 2003..We postulated that the variability of the phase shift between blood pressure and heart rate fluctuation near the frequency of 0.10 Hz might be useful in assessing autonomic circulatory control...
- Dynamic coupling between heart rate and ventricular repolarisationJosef Halamek
Institute of Scientific Instruments, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Brno 612 64, Czech Republic
Biomed Tech (Berl) 52:255-63. 2007....
- Dynamic QT/RR coupling in patients with pacemakersJ Halamek
Institute of Scientific Instruments, AS CR, Brno, 612 64 CZ
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2007:919-22. 2007..Within the patient set, we found interesting differences concerning dynamic non-linearity (response times longer with decreasing RR intervals than with increasing RR)...
- Use of a novel transfer function to reduce repolarization interval hysteresisJosef Halamek
Institute of Scientific Instruments, Brno, Czech
J Interv Card Electrophysiol 29:23-32. 2010..Our group has developed and tested a transfer function (TRF) model to assess the effectiveness of a dynamic model of QT/RR coupling in eliminating hysteresis...
- Intracerebrally recorded high frequency oscillations: simple visual assessment versus automated detectionMartin Pail
Brno Epilepsy Center, Department of Neurology, St Anne s University Hospital and Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Clin Neurophysiol 124:1935-42. 2013..We compared the possible contribution (in the detection of seizure onset zone - SOZ) of simple visual assessment of intracerebrally recorded high-frequency oscillations (HFO) with standard automated detection...
- On the time course of synchronization patterns of neuronal discharges in the human brain during cognitive tasksMilan Brazdil
Behavioural and Social Neuroscience Research Group, CEITEC Central European Institute of Technology, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
PLoS ONE 8:e63293. 2013..In particular, an initial global reorganization in the delta and theta bands (2-8 Hz) is followed by gamma (20-95 Hz) and then beta band (12-20 Hz) synchrony...
- Interictal high-frequency oscillations indicate seizure onset zone in patients with focal cortical dysplasiaMilan Brazdil
Brno Epilepsy Center, Departments of Neurology and Neurosurgery, St Anne s University Hospital and Medical Faculty of Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Epilepsy Res 90:28-32. 2010..Our study demonstrates a capacity of interictal HFO to detect the SOZ in focal cortical dysplasias...
- The effect of short-term isometric muscle contraction and the Valsalva maneuver on systemic and pulmonary hemodynamics in patients with severe heart failureMiroslav Soucek
Second Department of Internal Medicine, St Anne s University Hospital, Brno, Czech Republic
Clin Cardiol 32:E32-9. 2009..Patients with severe heart failure are often in very poor physical condition, they are unable to take part in the usual exercise programs, and therefore need an individual approach...
- Cardiac output measurement in patients with an implanted pacemakerVlastimil Vondra
Institute of Scientific Instruments, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Kralovopolska 147, 612 64 Brno, Czech Republic
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2007:916-8. 2007..We have scored the maximum relative cardiac output for each patient. For the measurement we have used a home made digital bioimpedance monitor for impedance cardiography. The result of 26 patients is presented in this study...
- Complex motor-cognitive factors processed in the anterior nucleus of the thalamus: an intracerebral recording studyMartina Bocková
First Department of Neurology, Masaryk University, St Anne s University Hospital, Pekarska 53, 656 91, Brno, Czech Republic
Brain Topogr 28:269-78. 2015..The AN participates in cognitive networks processing complex motor-cognitive tasks. Attention should be paid to executive functions in subjects undergoing AN-DBS. ..
- Subthalamic nucleus involvement in executive functions with increased cognitive load: a subthalamic nucleus and anterior cingulate cortex depth recording studyStefania Rusnáková Aulická
Department of Child Neurology, University Hospital, Medical School of Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
J Neural Transm 121:1287-96. 2014..The specificity and complexity of task-related activation of the STN might indicate the involvement of the STN in processes controlling human behaviour, e.g. in the selection and inhibition of competing alternatives...
- Two-channel bioimpedance monitor for impedance cardiographyVlastimil Vondra
Inst of Sci Instrum, Acad of Sci, of the Czech Rep, Brno, Czech Republic
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 1:6061-3. 2006..The setting of the main parameters of the measurement like the amplitude and the frequency of the measurement current depends on the user...
- Mismatch negativity-like potential (MMN-like) in the subthalamic nuclei in Parkinson's disease patientsEduard Minks
First Department of Neurology, Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University and St Anne s Hospital, Brno, Czech Republic
J Neural Transm 121:1507-22. 2014....
- Neural correlates of affective picture processing--a depth ERP studyMilan Brazdil
Department of Neurology, St Anne s University Hospital, and Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Neuroimage 47:376-83. 2009..These results are in agreement with a multisystem model of human emotion, distributed far beyond the typical limbic system and substantially comprising lateral aspects of both frontal lobes as well...