Country: Czech Republic
- From Morris Water Maze to computer tests in the prediction of Alzheimer's diseaseJ Laczó
International Clinical Research Center, St Anne s University Hospital Brno, Brno, Czech Republic
Neurodegener Dis 10:153-7. 2012....
- Spatial navigation deficit in amnestic mild cognitive impairmentJakub Hort
Memory Disorders Clinic, Department of Neurology, Second Medical School, Charles University, 150 18 Prague 5, Czech Republic
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:4042-7. 2007..Our results suggest that spatial navigation impairment occurs early in the development of AD and can be used for monitoring of the disease progression or for evaluation of presymptomiatic AD...
- Use of cerebrospinal fluid biomarkers in diagnosis of dementia across EuropeJ Hort
Department of Neurology, Memory Disorders Clinic, Charles University in Prague, Second Faculty of Medicinel, University Hospital Motol, Prague, Czech Republic
Eur J Neurol 17:90-6. 2010..Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) biomarkers have been reported to be useful in dementia diagnosis. Not much is known about their use in clinical practice in Europe...
- EFNS guidelines for the diagnosis and management of Alzheimer's diseaseJ Hort
Memory Disorders Clinic, Deartment of Neurology, Charles University in Prague, Second Faculty of Medicine and Motol Hospital, Prague, Czech Republic
Eur J Neurol 17:1236-48. 2010..Mild cognitive impairment and non-Alzheimer dementias are not included in this guideline...
- Spatial navigation and APOE in amnestic mild cognitive impairmentJan Laczó
Memory Disorders Unit, Department of Neurology, 2nd Medical School, Charles University in Prague, Prague, Czech Republic
Neurodegener Dis 8:169-77. 2011..The effect of APOE ε4 allele (ε4) on spatial navigation in amnestic mild cognitive impairment (aMCI) is unknown...
- Spatial navigation testing discriminates two types of amnestic mild cognitive impairmentJan Laczó
Memory Disorders Clinic, Department of Neurology, 2nd Medical School, Charles University in Prague, Prague, Czech Republic
Behav Brain Res 202:252-9. 2009..Finally, the HaMCI group performed almost identically as the AD group. Spatial navigation deficit is particularly pronounced in individuals with hippocampus-related memory impairment and may signal preclinical AD...
- Diffusion tensor imaging in Alzheimer disease and mild cognitive impairmentIrena Stěpán-Buksakowska
Department of Radiology, Charles University, 2nd Medical Faculty and University Hospital Motol Prague, Czech Republic, V Uvalu 84, 150 06, Prague, Czech Republic
Neurol Neurochir Pol 46:462-71. 2012....
- Recognition of facial emotional expression in amnestic mild cognitive impairmentAlexandra Varjassyová
Memory Disorders Clinic, Department of Neurology, Charles University in Prague, 2nd Faculty of Medicine and University Hospital Motol, Prague, Czech Republic
J Alzheimers Dis 33:273-80. 2013..13; 95% CI, 0.36-3.57; p = 0.836). Therefore, FER, but not FFI, may be impaired in MD-aMCI. This implies that in MD-aMCI, the tasks of FER and FFI may involve segregated neurocognitive networks...
- Spatial navigation impairment is proportional to right hippocampal volumeZuzana Nedelska
Memory Disorders Clinic, Department of Neurology, Charles University in Prague, 2 Faculty of Medicine and Motol University Hospital, 150 06 Prague 5, Czech Republic
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:2590-4. 2012..The respective real-space and virtual scores strongly correlated with each other. Our findings indicate that the right hippocampus plays a critical role in allocentric navigation, particularly when cognitive impairment is present...
- Cognitive changes in spinocerebellar ataxia type 2Martin Valis
Department of Neurology, Charles University, Faculty of Medicine and University Hospital in Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 32:354-9. 2011..Neuropsychological tests can reveal executive dysfunction, impaired visual and verbal memory, tongue and speech impairment, attention disorders and impaired verbal fluency...
- Disturbance of real space navigation in moderately advanced but not in early Huntington's diseaseVeronika Majerová
Department of Neurology and Center of Clinical Neuroscience, Charles University in Prague, 1st Faculty of Medicine and General University Hospital in Prague, Katerinska 30, 12800 Praha 2, Czech Republic
J Neurol Sci 312:86-91. 2012..Several studies have associated the allocentric navigation with the hippocampus and the egocentric navigation with the striatum. The striatum is predominantly impaired from the early stages of Huntington's disease...
- Spatial navigation-a unique window into physiological and pathological agingIvana Gazova
Department of Neurology, Memory Disorders Clinic, 2nd Faculty of Medicine, Charles University in Prague and University Hospital Motol Prague 5, Czech Republic
Front Aging Neurosci 4:16. 2012....
- Blood markers of oxidative stress in Alzheimer's diseaseAlice Skoumalová
Department of Medical Chemistry and Biochemistry, Charles University in Prague, 2nd Faculty of Medicine, Prague, Czech Republic
J Cell Mol Med 16:2291-300. 2012..They are small lipophilic molecules and can diffuse into the blood stream, where they can then be detected. We propose that these fluorescent products are potential candidates for blood biomarkers of AD...
- Volumetry of the human amygdala - an anatomical studyJiri Brabec
Institute of Anatomy, First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic
Psychiatry Res 182:67-72. 2010..Nevertheless, our results may have important implications for MRI studies because as of yet there is no gold standard for manual volumetry of the amygdala...
- Magnetic resonance analysis of amygdalar volume in Alzheimer's diseaseDaniel Horinek
Institute of Pathological Physiology, Department of Neurology, 2nd School of Medicine, Czech Republic cDepartment of Neurosurgery, 1st School of Medicine, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Curr Opin Psychiatry 20:273-7. 2007..In the second part, the role of amygdalar volume in the assessment of clinical diagnosis is discussed. The third part encounters the relationship between the amygdalar atrophy and its neuropsychological correlates...
- Long lasting recurrent familiar transient global amnesia after betablocker treatment withdrawal: case reportMartin Vyhnálek
Memory Disorders Clinic, Dept of Neurology, Charles University, 2nd Medical School and Motol University hospital, Prague, Czech Republic
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 29:44-6. 2008..We suggest that familiar TGA could be caused by the mechanism of vasospasm rather than venous congestion and that the abnormal cerebral vasomotor control could be the hereditary substrate in this condition...
- FTLD-TDP with motor neuron disease, visuospatial impairment and a progressive supranuclear palsy-like syndrome: broadening the clinical phenotype of TDP-43 proteinopathies. A report of three casesRobert Rusina
Department of Neurology, Thomayer Teaching Hospital and Institute for Postgraduate Education in Medicine, Prague, Czech Republic
BMC Neurol 11:50. 2011....
- Effectiveness of open-label donepezil treatment in patients with Alzheimer's disease discontinuing memantine monotherapyParaskevi Sakka
Hygeia Diagnostic and Therapeutic Center of Athens, Athens, Greece
Curr Med Res Opin 23:3153-65. 2007..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of donepezil in patients with Alzheimer's disease (AD) who discontinue memantine due to a lack of efficacy or not being well tolerated...