Affiliation: Charles University
Country: Czech Republic
- Intra-arrest formation of right-heart thrombi -- a case illustrated by real-time ultrasonographyR Skulec
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Medicine in Hradec Kralove, University Hospital Hradec Kralove, Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 57:669-73. 2013..The pathophysiological consequences, clinical significance and potential therapeutic options are discussed...
- [Overcooling during mild hypothermia in cardiac arrest survivors--phenomenon we should keep in mind]R Skulec
Uzemní stredisko záchranné sluzby Stredoceského kraje, Beroun Kladno
Vnitr Lek 54:609-14. 2008..Mild hypothermia (MH) in cardiac arrest survivors has became a routine part of early postresuscitative support. Overcooling is a frequent phenomenon with the unknown outcome...
- Variability of aortic blood flow predicts fluid responsiveness in spontaneously breathing healthy volunteersRoman Skulec
Emergency Medical Service of the Central Bohemian Region, Beroun, Czech Republic
Kardiol Pol 67:265-71. 2009..On the other hand, it remains unclear whether this respiratory variability is a common physiological reaction to hypovolaemia and whether its measurement is applicable also in spontaneously breathing patients...
- [Current cooling methods for induction of mild hypothermia in cardiac arrest survivors]R Skulec
Uzemní stredisko záchranné sluzby Stredoceského kraje Beroun
Vnitr Lek 55:1060-9. 2009..Several other methods are too instrumentation-intensive, too invasive or investigated in animal experiments only. Anyway, near future may bring a rapid development of new effective and safe cooling systems...
- The practice of therapeutic mild hypothermia in cardiac arrest survivors in the Czech republicR Skulec
Emergency Medical Service of the Central Bohemian Region, Kladno, Czech Republic
Minerva Anestesiol 76:617-23. 2010..The proper performance of therapeutic mild hypothermia (TH) in cardiac arrest survivors is a prerequisite for achieving the best possible outcome. We analyzed the recent technical issues of in-hospital TH practices in the Czech Republic...
- Prehospital cooling by cold infusion: searching for the optimal infusion regimenRoman Skulec
Emergency Medical Service of the Central Bohemian Region, Professor Veseleho 461, Beroun 266 01, Czech Republic
Emerg Med J 28:695-9. 2011..This study assessed the temperature stability of different application regimens of cold normal saline (NS) in simulated prehospital conditions...
- Pre-hospital cooling of patients following cardiac arrest is effective using even low volumes of cold salineRoman Skulec
Emergency Medical Service of the Central Bohemian Region, Prof, Veseleho 461, Beroun 266 01, Czech Republic
Crit Care 14:R231. 2010..The safety and impact on the clinical outcome have also been analyzed...
- Induction of mild hypothermia in cardiac arrest survivors presenting with cardiogenic shock syndromeR Skulec
II Department of Internal Cardiovascular Medicine, General Teaching Hospital, Prague 2, Czech Republic
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 52:188-94. 2008..We analysed all cardiac arrest survivors who were treated with MH in our intensive coronary care unit (CCU) and compared the outcome of patients with cardiogenic shock syndrome (CSS) with those who were circulatory stable...