Affiliation: Charles University
Country: Czech Republic
- Changes in energy metabolism in pheochromocytomaO Petrak
Third Department of Medicine, General University Hospital, Prague 2, Czech Republic
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:1651-8. 2013..Catecholamine overproduction in pheochromocytoma affects basal metabolism, resulting in weight loss despite normal food intake...
- Biochemical markers of endothelial dysfunction in patients with endocrine and essential hypertensionO Petrak
Third Internal Department, First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, General Faculty Hospital, Prague, Czech Republic
Physiol Res 55:597-602. 2006..No correlation between the biochemical markers of endothelial dysfunction and vasopressor substances activated in endocrine hypertension was found...
- Factors influencing arterial stiffness in pheochromocytoma and effect of adrenalectomyOndrej Petrak
3rd Department of Medicine, General Faculty Hospital, 1st Medical Faculty, Charles University in Prague, Prague 2, Czech Republic
Hypertens Res 33:454-9. 2010..6.0+/-1.1 ms(-1); P<0.001). In conclusion, patients with PHEO have an increase in PWV, which is reversed by the successful tumor removal. Age, mean blood pressure, hs-CRP and norepinephrine levels are independent predictors of PWV...
- Increased arterial wall stiffness in primary aldosteronism in comparison with essential hypertensionBranislav Strauch
3rd Department of Internal Medicine, lst Medical School, Charles University and General University Hospital, Prague, Czech Republic
Am J Hypertens 19:909-14. 2006....
- Pulse wave velocity in primary hyperparathyroidism and effect of surgical therapyJan Rosa
3rd Department of Internal Medicine, General Faculty Hospital, First Medical Faculty, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Hypertens Res 34:296-300. 2011..However, neither the calcium serum level nor the parathyroid hormone level has been associated with PWV. Specific treatment by PTX significantly decreases PWV, which may be determined primarily by improved BP control after surgery...
- Increased blood pressure variability in pheochromocytoma compared to essential hypertension patientsTomas Zelinka
3rd Department of Medicine, General Faculty Hospital, U Nemocnice 1, Czech Republic
J Hypertens 23:2033-9. 2005..We investigated whether in patients with pheochromocytoma this catecholamine excess would result in higher BP variability in comparison with patients suffering from essential hypertension (EH)...
- Elevated inflammation markers in pheochromocytoma compared to other forms of hypertensionTomas Zelinka
3rd Department of Medicine, General Faculty Hospital, Praha, Czech Republic
Neuroimmunomodulation 14:57-64. 2007..To investigate the effect of long-term catecholamine excess in pheochromocytoma on leukocyte and platelet count and on proteins of acute-phase response...
- Adrenalectomy improves arterial stiffness in primary aldosteronismBranislav Strauch
Third Department of Internal Medicine, First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University and General University Hospital, Prague, Czech Republic
Am J Hypertens 21:1086-92. 2008..American Journal of Hypertension (2008). doi:10.1038/ajh.2008.243American Journal of Hypertension (2008); 21, 10, 1086-1092. doi 10.1038/ajh.2008.243...
- Precise assessment of noncompliance with the antihypertensive therapy in patients with resistant hypertension using toxicological serum analysisBranislav Strauch
a3rd Department of Medicine, Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Hypertension Center bInstitute of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology, Toxicology Laboratory, General University Hospital, 1st Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague cInstitute for Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Prague d2nd Department of Medicine, General University Hospital, 1st Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
J Hypertens 31:2455-61. 2013..The aim of our study was to assess the prevalence of pseudo-resistance caused by noncompliance with treatment among patients with severe resistant hypertension and to analyze the contributing factors...
- Left ventricle remodeling in men with moderate to severe volume-dependent hypertensionTomás Indra
3rd Department of Medicine, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 13:426-34. 2012..In conclusion, plasma volume overload was identified as an important factor influencing LV remodeling in PA and LREH, whether due to excessive aldosterone levels in PA or other pathophysiological mechanisms...
- Increased intima-media thickness of the common carotid artery in primary aldosteronism in comparison with essential hypertensionRobert Holaj
First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University and General University Hospital, Prague, Czech Republic
J Hypertens 25:1451-7. 2007..The aim of this study was to compare intima-media thickness (IMT) of the common carotid artery and carotid bifurcation in patients with primary aldosteronism, essential hypertension and healthy controls...
- Life-threatening arrhythmia caused by primary aldosteronismTomas Zelinka
3rd Medical Department of the 1st Faculty of Medicine and General Teaching Hospital, Prague, Czech Republic
Med Sci Monit 15:CS174-7. 2009..Arrhythmias are one of the typical complications of primary aldosteronism (PA), is commonly characterized by hypertension and hypokalemia...
- Discrepant results of adrenal venous sampling in seven patients with primary aldosteronismTomas Zelinka
Hypertension Unit, 3rd Medical Department, Central Military Hospital, Prague, Czech Republic
Kidney Blood Press Res 35:205-10. 2012..Adrenal venous sampling serves as a discrimination between uni- and bilateral forms of primary aldosteronism (PA). Even correctly performed adrenal venous sampling may lead to non-diagnostic results in some cases...