Affiliation: Charles University
Country: Czech Republic
- Investigating spike backpropagation induced Ca2+ influx in models of hippocampal and cortical pyramidal neuronsP Marsalek
Department of Pathological Physiology, 1st Medical Faculty, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Biosystems 48:147-56. 1998..No additional parameter search optimization was necessary. Compartmental models can be used for investigating the biology of neurons, and then simplified for constructing neural networks...
- Coincidence detection in the Hodgkin-Huxley equationsP Marsalek
Krieger Mind Brain Institute, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
Biosystems 58:83-91. 2000..The limits of the sound localization precision are set by the frequency of the sound and, therefore, by the vector strength of spike trains generated in the neuronal circuit in response to the sound...
- Spike encoding mechanisms in the sound localization pathwayPetr Marsalek
Charles University Prague, Department of Pathological Physiology, U nemocnice 5, Praha 2, CZ 128 53 Czech Republic
Biosystems 79:191-8. 2005..We compare the latter to the mechanism of firing rate subtraction traditionally attributed to the lateral superior olive...
- Proposed mechanisms for coincidence detection in the auditory brainstemPetr Marsalek
Department of Pathological Physiology, Charles University Prague, U nemocnice 5, Praha 2, CZ 128 53, The Czech Republic
Biol Cybern 92:445-51. 2005..We show how the output gains of the mechanisms predict the dip within the human frequency sensitivity range. This dip has been described in human psychophysical experiments...
- Pattern storage in a sparsely coded neural network with cyclic activationJulius Stroffek
Charles University Prague, Department of Pathological Physiology, U nemocnice 5, CZ 128 53 Praha 2, Czech Republic
Biosystems 89:257-63. 2007..We describe the modification of the Hebb learning rule, the learning algorithm, the generation of patterns, decomposition of patterns into cycles and pattern recall...
- Stochastic model shows how cochlear implants process azimuth in real auditory spaceMarek Drapal
Charles University of Prague, Department of Pathological Physiology U nemocnice 5, CZ 128 53, Praha 2, Czech Republic
Chin J Physiol 53:439-46. 2010..Our results are useful in explaining some recent puzzling observations on the binaural cochlear implantees...