Genomes and Genes
Dmitry V Kazakov
Affiliation: Charles University
Country: Czech Republic
- Kazakov D, Belousova I, Kacerovska D, Sima R, Vanecek T, Vazmitel M, et al. Hyperplasia of hair follicles and other adnexal structures in cutaneous lymphoproliferative disorders: a study of 53 cases, including so-called pseudolymphomatous folliculitis and overt lymphomas. Am J Surg Pathol. 2008;32:1468-78 pubmed publisher
- Kazakov D, Mukensnabl P, Michal M. Tubular adenoma of the skin with follicular and sebaceous differentiation: A report of two cases. Am J Dermatopathol. 2006;28:142-6 pubmed..Rare cases occurring in the sites normally devoid of apocrine glands may represent the eccrine counterpart. ..
- Kazakov D. Brooke-Spiegler Syndrome and Phenotypic Variants: An Update. Head Neck Pathol. 2016;10:125-30 pubmed publisher..There appears to be no genotype-phenotype correlations with respect to the severity of the disease, the possibility of malignant transformation, and development of extracutaneous lesions. ..
- Farkas K, DeÃ¡k B, SÃ¡nchez L, MartÃnez A, Corell J, Botella A, et al. The CYLD p.R758X worldwide recurrent nonsense mutation detected in patients with multiple familial trichoepithelioma type 1, Brooke-Spiegler syndrome and familial cylindromatosis represents a mutational hotspot in the gene. BMC Genet. 2016;17:36 pubmed publisher..R758X CYLD mutation. Our results indicate that this position is a mutational hotspot on the gene and that patients carrying the mutation exhibit high phenotypic diversity. ..
- Kacerovska D, Michal M, Kuroda N, Tanaka A, Sima R, Denisjuk N, et al. Hybrid peripheral nerve sheath tumors, including a malignant variant in type 1 neurofibromatosis. Am J Dermatopathol. 2013;35:641-9 pubmed publisher..The malignant component showed areas with an epithelioid cell morphology. ..
- Kazakov D, Requena L, Kutzner H, Fernandez Figueras M, Kacerovska D, Mentzel T, et al. Morphologic diversity of syringocystadenocarcinoma papilliferum based on a clinicopathologic study of 6 cases and review of the literature. Am J Dermatopathol. 2010;32:340-7 pubmed publisher..Its association with the benign counterpart and ductal changes suggests a transformation that may involve usual ductal hyperplasia-atypical ductal hyperplasia-(ductal) adenocarcinoma in situ-invasive adenocarcinoma pathway...
- Kazakov D, Grossmann P, Spagnolo D, Vanecek T, Vazmitel M, Kacerovska D, et al. Expression of p53 and TP53 mutational analysis in malignant neoplasms arising in preexisting spiradenoma, cylindroma, and spiradenocylindroma, sporadic or associated with Brooke-Spiegler syndrome. Am J Dermatopathol. 2010;32:215-21 pubmed publisher
- Kazakov D, Spagnolo D, Stewart C, Thompson J, Agaimy A, Magro G, et al. Fibroadenoma and phyllodes tumors of anogenital mammary-like glands: a series of 13 neoplasms in 12 cases, including mammary-type juvenile fibroadenoma, fibroadenoma with lactation changes, and neurofibromatosis-associated pseudoangiomatous stromal h. Am J Surg Pathol. 2010;34:95-103 pubmed publisher
- Kazakov D, Zelger B, Rutten A, Vazmitel M, Spagnolo D, Kacerovska D, et al. Morphologic diversity of malignant neoplasms arising in preexisting spiradenoma, cylindroma, and spiradenocylindroma based on the study of 24 cases, sporadic or occurring in the setting of Brooke-Spiegler syndrome. Am J Surg Pathol. 2009;33:705-19 pubmed publisher..quot;..
- Kazakov D, Bisceglia M, Calonje E, Hantschke M, Kutzner H, Mentzel T, et al. Tubular adenoma and syringocystadenoma papilliferum: a reappraisal of their relationship. An interobserver study of a series, by a panel of dermatopathologists. Am J Dermatopathol. 2007;29:256-63 pubmed
- Kyrpychova L, Kacerovska D, Vanecek T, Grossmann P, Michal M, Kerl K, et al. Cutaneous hidradenoma: a study of 21 neoplasms revealing neither correlation between the cellular composition and CRTC1-MAML2 fusions nor presence of CRTC3-MAML2 fusions. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2016;23:8-13 pubmed publisher..In none of the cases was a CRTC3-MAML2 fusion detected. No obvious correlation between the cellular composition and presence of t(11,19) translocation was found. ..
- Konstantinova A, Vanecek T, Martinek P, Kyrpychova L, Spagnolo D, Stewart C, et al. Molecular alterations in lesions of anogenital mammary-like glands and their mammary counterparts including hidradenoma papilliferum, intraductal papilloma, fibroadenoma and phyllodes tumor. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2017;28:12-18 pubmed publisher..The PI3K-AKT cascade plays a role in tumors arising at both sites. It appears that some histopathologically similar anogenital and breast lesions develop along similar molecular pathways. ..
- Kazakov D, Sima R, Vanecek T, Kutzner H, Palmedo G, Kacerovska D, et al. Mutations in exon 3 of the CTNNB1 gene (beta-catenin gene) in cutaneous adnexal tumors. Am J Dermatopathol. 2009;31:248-55 pubmed publisher..This study broadens the list of cutaneous adnexal tumors harboring CTNNB1 mutations and extends the listing of the mutations occurring in these neoplasms...
- Kazakov D, Stewart C, Kacerovska D, Leake R, Kreuzberg B, Chudacek Z, et al. Prostatic-type tissue in the lower female genital tract: a morphologic spectrum, including vaginal tubulosquamous polyp, adenomyomatous hyperplasia of paraurethral Skene glands (female prostate), and ectopic lesion in the vulva. Am J Surg Pathol. 2010;34:950-5 pubmed publisher..All lesions were immunopositive for prostate-specific antigen and/or prostatic acid phosphatase. A brief discussion of the earlier published material is included...
- Kazakov D, Vanecek T, Nemcova J, Kacerovska D, Spagnolo D, Mukensnabl P, et al. Spectrum of tumors with follicular differentiation in a patient with the clinical phenotype of multiple familial trichoepitheliomas: a clinicopathological and molecular biological study, including analysis of the CYLD and PTCH genes. Am J Dermatopathol. 2009;31:819-27 pubmed publisher
- Kazakov D, Bisceglia M, Mukensnabl P, Michal M. Pseudoangiomatous stromal hyperplasia in lesions involving anogenital mammary-like glands. Am J Surg Pathol. 2005;29:1243-6 pubmed..The clinicopathologic features of PASH in the anogenital area seem to be identical to those in the breast. ..
- Kazakov D, Ivan D, Kutzner H, Spagnolo D, Grossmann P, Vanecek T, et al. Cutaneous hidradenocarcinoma: a clinicopathological, immunohistochemical, and molecular biologic study of 14 cases, including Her2/neu gene expression/amplification, TP53 gene mutation analysis, and t(11;19) translocation. Am J Dermatopathol. 2009;31:236-47 pubmed publisher..Even rarer is the amplification of the Her2/neu gene. Of note is the relatively low frequency of TP53 mutations despite a high rate of p53 protein expression at the immunohistochemical level. ..
- Kazakov D, Calonje E, Zelger B, Luzar B, Belousova I, Mukensnabl P, et al. Sebaceous carcinoma arising in nevus sebaceus of Jadassohn: a clinicopathological study of five cases. Am J Dermatopathol. 2007;29:242-8 pubmed..The rest of organoid nevus is usually recognized both clinically and microscopically, although large tumors may overgrow and mask the nevus. The tumor seems to be a low-grade carcinoma in terms of clinical behavior...
- Kazakov D, Michal M. Trichoepithelioma with giant and multinucleated neoplastic epithelial cells. Am J Dermatopathol. 2006;28:63-4 pubmed..CD34 stained the stroma. We believe that the focal presence of pleomorphic giant cells in trichoepithelioma has no clinical or prognostic implications and does not denote its "malignant transformation"...
- Kazakov D, Spagnolo D, Kacerovska D, Michal M. Lesions of anogenital mammary-like glands: an update. Adv Anat Pathol. 2011;18:1-28 pubmed publisher..This will enable their recognition, precise classification and should introduce greater uniformity in how they are reported in the literature so that more meaningful clinicopathological comparisons and correlations may be made...