Affiliation: Charles University
Country: Czech Republic
- Topical anti-itch therapyJana Hercogova
Department of Dermatovenereology, 2nd Medical School, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Dermatol Ther 18:341-3. 2005..Topical anti-itch preparations should be prescribed after the diagnosis is made and used as the first-choice treatment together with general measures...
- Syphilis and borreliosis during pregnancyJ Hercogova
Dermatology Department, Charles University Prague, Czech Republic
Dermatol Ther 21:205-9. 2008..Therapy of pregnant women with syphilis and lyme borreliosis should follow the same strategy...
- [Detection of borrelia DNA from patients with neuroborreliosis and erythema migrans]Lenka Moravcová
Department of Infectious Diseases, Charles University Prague, Czech Republic
Klin Mikrobiol Infekc Lek 15:160-5. 2009..Assessment of PCR procedure for proving of the Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato DNA in nerve and skin forms of Lyme borreliosis...
- Management of lymphedemaNaděžda Vojáčková
Dermatovenereology Department, Charles University 2nd Medical School and Bulovka Hospital, Prague, Czech Republic
Dermatol Ther 25:352-7. 2012..Long-term maintenance phase consists of self-lymph drainage, low-stretch bandaging, or compressive garments, and sometimes when indicated pneumatic pump drainage, exercises, and skin care...
- Incidental granular parakeratosis associated with molluscum contagiosumLumír Pock
Dermatopathologic Laboratory, 2nd Medical Faculty, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Am J Dermatopathol 28:45-7. 2006..One of the biopsies also showed several small foci of granular parakeratosis. Based on the clinical features and course of this patient, the granular parakeratosis seems to be an incidental finding...
- Examination of specific DNA by PCR in patients with different forms of Lyme borreliosisDusan Pícha
Charles University, 2nd Medical School, 1st Clinic for Infectious Diseases, Teaching Hospital Bulovka, Prague, Czech Republic
Int J Dermatol 47:1004-10. 2008..Borrelial specific DNA was examined in a group of 62 patients with different forms of Lyme borreliosis (LB) (32 patients suffered from neuroborreliosis, 19 manifested erythema migrans, and 11 joint involvement)...
- Differentiation-dependent glycosylation of cells in squamous cell epithelia detected by a mammalian lectinJan Plzak
Institute of Anatomy, 1st Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Cells Tissues Organs 171:135-44. 2002..Further application of tissue lectins for characterizing ligand expression and its modulation is an important step to reveal functional relevance...
- A comparative study of the impairment of quality of life in Czech children with atopic dermatitis of different age groups and their familiesAnna Jiráková
Department of Dermatovenerology, 2nd Medical School of Charles University and Faculty Hospital Bulovka, Prague, Czech Republic
Int J Dermatol 51:688-92. 2012..The objective of this study was to evaluate the quality of life of children with AD of different age groups and their families...
- Pemphigus vulgaris treated with adalimumab: case studyNaděžda Vojáčková
Department of Dermatovenereology, 2nd Medical School Charles University and Bulovka Hospital, Prague, Czech Republic
Dermatol Ther 25:95-7. 2012..The therapy brings a number of complications due to its side effects. To achieve a remission of the disease by treating our patient with combined immunosuppressives, we administered adalimumab and achieved a very good clinical response...
- Lyme borreliosis treatmentDaniela Vanousová
Department of Dermatovenereology, 2nd Medical School, Charles University, University Hospital Bulovka, Prague, Czech Republic
Dermatol Ther 21:101-9. 2008..Treatment failure occurs as a result of many reasons, re-infection is possible. The recommended treatment schedule in the Czech Republic is presented...
- Therapeutic hotline: Primary cutaneous CD4 + small/medium-sized pleomorphic T cell lymphoma coexisting with myelodysplastic syndrome transforming into chronic myelomonocytic leukemia successfully treated with cyclophosphamideBartłomiej Wawrzycki
Chair and Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Pediatric Dermatology Medical University of Lublin, Prague, Czech Republic
Dermatol Ther 23:676-81. 2010..It seems that cyclophosphamide as a single-agent chemotherapy in patients with disseminated lesions might be safe and quite effective therapeutic option...
- Crystal storing histiocytosis of the skin associated with multiple myelomaLumír Pock
Dermatopathological Laboratory, Department of Dermatology, District Hospital Pardubice, Prague, Czech Republic
Int J Dermatol 45:1408-11. 2006..Crystal storing histiocytosis (CSH) imitating rhabdomyoma is a very rare disease entity involving different tissues. The skin is involved in extremely rare cases...