Affiliation: Charles University
Country: Czech Republic
- Hypothalamo-pituitary dysfunction in patients with chronic subdural hematomaV Hana
Third Department of Internal Medicine of General Faculty Hospital, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Physiol Res 61:161-7. 2012..The possibility of neuroendocrine dysfunction should be considered in patients with SDH, although the deficits are less frequent than in patients after TBI or SAH...
- Recurrent ACTH-independent Cushing's syndrome in multiple pregnancies and its treatment with metyraponeV Hana
3rd Department of Medicine, 1st Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 54:277-81. 2001..Metyrapone suppression of hypercortisolism currently represents the best treatment for these rare cases...
- Reduced microvascular perfusion and reactivity in adult GH deficient patients is restored by GH replacementV Hana
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine I, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Eur J Endocrinol 147:333-7. 2002..Changes in microcirculation and vascular reactivity could represent an early marker of developing vascular changes...
- [Randomly discovered enlargement in the region of sella turcica]V Hana
III Interní klinika 1 lékarské fakulty UK a VFN Praha
Vnitr Lek 53:816-20. 2007..Tumorous growth is more often observed in "macroadenomas" than in "microadenomas" (up to 10 mm)...
- Impaired microvascular reactivity and endothelial function in patients with Cushing's syndrome: influence of arterial hypertensionM Prázný
Third Department of Internal Medicine, First Faculty of Medicine, Prague, Czech Republic
Physiol Res 57:13-22. 2008..4 PU.s(-1), p<0.05, and 0.95+/-0.6 vs. 1.8+/-1.1 PU.s(-1), p<0.05, respectively). The most pronounced impairment of microvascular reactivity was present in patients with combination of arterial hypertension and diabetes mellitus...
- Plasma concentrations of adipocyte fatty acid binding protein in patients with Cushing's syndromeV Durovcová
Third Department of Medicine, First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University and General University Hospital, Prague, Czech Republic
Physiol Res 59:963-71. 2010..We suggest that increased FABP-4 concentrations in CS patients are rather due to their excessive fat accumulation and related metabolic abnormalities than due to a direct effect of cortisol on FABP-4 production...
- Plasma concentrations of fibroblast growth factors 21 and 19 in patients with Cushing's syndromeV Durovcová
Third Department of Medicine, First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, General University Hospital, Prague, Czech Republic
Physiol Res 59:415-22. 2010..In contrast neither obesity nor hypercortisolism significantly affected FGF19 concentrations...
- Increased lipolysis of subcutaneous abdominal adipose tissue and altered noradrenergic activity in patients with Cushing's syndrome: an in-vivo microdialysis studyM Krsek
Third Department of Medicine, First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Physiol Res 55:421-8. 2006..This finding together with non-significantly increased local catecholamine concentrations in these patients suggests a possible link between increased lipolysis and catecholaminergic activity in subcutaneous adipose tissue...
- Plasma levels of total and active ghrelin in acromegaly and growth hormone deficiencyZ Jarkovska
Third Department of Medicine, First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, U Nemocnice 1, 128 08 Prague 2, Czech Republic
Physiol Res 55:175-81. 2006..In conclusion, all groups of the tested subjects showed similar plasma levels of total and active ghrelin. In acromegaly and growth hormone deficiency plasma ghrelin does not seem to be significantly affected by changes in GH secretion...
- Serum cortisol seems to be a more appropriate marker for adrenocortical reserve evaluation in ACTH test in comparison to salivary cortisolM Kosak
Third Department of Medicine, General University Hospital and First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Physiol Res 63:229-36. 2014..3 %). A stronger discriminating power of serum versus salivary cortisol suggests that it seems to be slightly, but statistically significantly more appropriate marker of adrenocortical reserve in ACTH test...
- [How corticoids, growth hormone and oestrogens influence lipids and atherosclerosis]J Marek
III Interní klinika 1 lékarské fakulty UK a VFN Praha
Vnitr Lek 53:386-90. 2007..Oestrogens should be given in small doses, preferably parenterally. Even this will not prevent genetic oestrogen effects though...
- Inhibition of hormone secretion in GH-secreting pituitary adenomas by receptor-subtype specific somatostatin analogues in vitroJ Cap
2nd Department of Internal Medicine, Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Medicine in Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Gen Physiol Biophys 22:201-12. 2003..This effect was not observed in the majority of tumours, where the inhibitory effect seems to be mediated via SSTR2 only...
- [Combined therapy of acromegaly with a combination of lanreotide and terguride]M Krsek
III interni klinika 1 LF UK a VFN, Praha
Cas Lek Cesk 139:690-2. 2000..Besides the surgical and radiation treatment, medical therapy can be used. The project was set to determine the value of combined therapy with lanreotide and terguride in patients with active acromegaly...