Affiliation: Charles University
Country: Czech Republic
- cpRAS: a novel circularly permuted RAS-like GTPase domain with a highly scattered phylogenetic distributionMarek Elias
Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Science, Department of Botany, Benatska 2, 128 01 Prague 2, Czech Republic
Biol Direct 3:21. 2008..Our findings thus bring further evidence for the importance of parallel reduction of ancestral complexity in the eukaryotic evolution...
- The RJL family of small GTPases is an ancient eukaryotic invention probably functionally associated with the flagellar apparatusMarek Elias
Charles University in Prague, Department of Botany, Czech Republic
Gene 442:63-72. 2009..These independent fusions suggest that RJL proteins may generally function via regulating the DnaJ-Hsp70 module...
- The RAB family GTPase Rab1A from Plasmodium falciparum defines a unique paralog shared by chromalveolates and rhizariaMarek Elias
Department of Botany, Faculty of Science, Charles University in Prague, Prague, Czech Republic
J Eukaryot Microbiol 56:348-56. 2009....
- Hylodesmus singaporensis gen. et sp. nov., a new autosporic subaerial green alga (Scenedesmaceae, Chlorophyta) from SingaporeMarek Elias
Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Science, Department of Botany, Benatska 2, Praha 2, 128 01, Czech Republic
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 60:1224-35. 2010..We propose it be named Hylodesmus singaporensis gen. et sp. nov. A cryopreserved holotype specimen has been deposited into the Culture Collection of Algae of Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic (CAUP) as CAUP C-H8001...
- Patterns and processes in the evolution of the eukaryotic endomembrane systemMarek Elias
Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Science, Departments of Botany and Parasitology, Prague, Czech Republic
Mol Membr Biol 27:469-89. 2010..Finally, reductive evolution and recurrent gene loss are emerging as pervasive factors shaping the ES in all phylogenetic lineages...
- Rho GTPases: deciphering the evolutionary history of a complex protein familyMarek Elias
Faculty of Science, University of Ostrava, Ostrava, Czech Republic
Methods Mol Biol 827:13-34. 2012....
- A large number of nuclear genes in the human parasite blastocystis require mRNA polyadenylation to create functional termination codonsVladimír Klimeš
Department of Biology and Ecology, Faculty of Science, University of Ostrava, Czech Republic
Genome Biol Evol 6:1956-61. 2014..Thus, the highly precise positioning of the polyadenylation in Blastocystis has allowed reduction of the 3'-untranslated regions to the point that, in many genes, only one or two nucleotides of the termination codon are left. ..
- Sculpting the endomembrane system in deep time: high resolution phylogenetics of Rab GTPasesMarek Elias
University of Ostrava, Faculty of Science, Department of Biology and Ecology, Ostrava, Czech Republic
J Cell Sci 125:2500-8. 2012....