Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic
Country: Czech Republic
- Vodicka P, Soucek P, Tates A, Dusinska M, Sarmanova J, Zamecnikova M, et al. Association between genetic polymorphisms and biomarkers in styrene-exposed workers. Mutat Res. 2001;482:89-103 pubmed..In our study, styrene-specific DNA and haemoglobin adducts are under investigation. Completing these data with the results of genotyping of metabolising enzymes may provide a useful tool for individual genotoxic risk assessment. ..
- Vodicka P, Pardini B, Vymetalkova V, Naccarati A. Polymorphisms in Non-coding RNA Genes and Their Targets Sites as Risk Factors of Sporadic Colorectal Cancer. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2016;937:123-49 pubmed publisher....
- Kunicka T, Prochazka P, Krus I, Bendova P, Protivova M, Susova S, et al. Molecular profile of 5-fluorouracil pathway genes in colorectal carcinoma. BMC Cancer. 2016;16:795 pubmed..Low RRM2 transcript and UPB1 methylation levels present separate poor prognosis factors for colorectal carcinoma patients and should be further investigated. ..
- Vodicka P, Musak L, Fiorito G, Vymetalkova V, Vodickova L, Naccarati A. DNA and chromosomal damage in medical workers exposed to anaesthetic gases assessed by the lymphocyte cytokinesis-block micronucleus (CBMN) assay. A critical review. Mutat Res. 2016;770:26-34 pubmed publisher..The meta-analysis of mean MN frequency of combined studies confirmed this tendency (log mean ratio=0.56 [0.34-0.77]; P=3.51×10-7). Similar differences between the exposed and controls were also observed for other biomarkers. ..
- Barontini J, Antinucci M, Tofanelli S, Cammalleri M, Dal Monte M, Gemignani F, et al. Association between polymorphisms of TAS2R16 and susceptibility to colorectal cancer. BMC Gastroenterol. 2017;17:104 pubmed publisher..0071). Our data suggest that polymorphisms within TAS2R16 gene do not have a strong influence on colon cancer susceptibility, but a possible role in rectal cancer should be further evaluated in larger cohorts. ..
- Campa D, Pardini B, Naccarati A, Vodickova L, Novotny J, Steinke V, et al. Polymorphisms of genes coding for ghrelin and its receptor in relation to colorectal cancer risk: a two-step gene-wide case-control study. BMC Gastroenterol. 2010;10:112 pubmed publisher..We replicated the two hits, in additional 569 cases and 726 controls from Germany. A joint analysis of the two populations indicated that the T allele of rs27647 SNP exerted a protective borderline effect (Ptrend = 0.004). ..
- Aherne S, Madden S, Hughes D, Pardini B, Naccarati A, Levy M, et al. Circulating miRNAs miR-34a and miR-150 associated with colorectal cancer progression. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:329 pubmed publisher..We identified two circulating miRNAs capable of distinguishing patient groups with different diseases of the colon from each other, and patients with advanced cancer from benign disease groups. ..
- Vodicka P, Kumar R, Stetina R, Sanyal S, Soucek P, Haufroid V, et al. Genetic polymorphisms in DNA repair genes and possible links with DNA repair rates, chromosomal aberrations and single-strand breaks in DNA. Carcinogenesis. 2004;25:757-63 pubmed..9, P = 0.010) and XPC polymorphisms (F = 4.2, P = 0.046, MANOVA). Our results from this study suggest that markers of genotoxicity are associated with polymorphisms in genes encoding DNA repair enzymes. ..