Affiliation: Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic
Country: Czech Republic
- Å˜ezanka T, LukavskÃ½ J, Sigler K, NedbalovÃ¡ L, VÃtovÃ¡ M. Temperature dependence of production of structured triacylglycerols in the alga Trachydiscus minutus. Phytochemistry. 2015;110:37-45 pubmed publisher..The ratio of regioisomers and enantiomers of triacylglycerols (TAG) depends on the temperature of cultivation; with lowering temperature the proportion of the achiral TAG increases and the enantiomer ratio diverges from 1:1. ..
- Å˜ezanka T, VÃtovÃ¡ M, NovÃ¡kovÃ¡ A, Sigler K. Separation and Identification of Odd Chain Triacylglycerols of the Protozoan Khawkinea quartana and the Mold Mortierella alpina Using LC-MS. Lipids. 2015;50:811-20 pubmed publisher..It was proved that even numbered TAG are synthesized in a higher optical purity, which can be explained by a higher affinity of acyltransferases to the respective substrate, i.e., to even chain PUFA. ..
- Å˜ezanka T, KolouchovÃ¡ I, Sigler K. Precursor directed biosynthesis of odd-numbered fatty acids by different yeasts. Folia Microbiol (Praha). 2015;60:457-64 pubmed publisher..Principal component analysis was used for identifying the effect of cultivation conditions on the production of the 17:1 acid by individual yeast strains. ..
- Rezanka T, Kambourova M, Derekova A, KolouchovÃ¡ I, Sigler K. LC-ESI-MS/MS identification of polar lipids of two thermophilic Anoxybacillus bacteria containing a unique lipid pattern. Lipids. 2012;47:729-39 pubmed publisher..rupiensis were identified. Five classes of unidentified polar lipids were detected in both strains. Plasmalogens were thus determined for the first time in a facultatively anaerobic bacterium, i.e. A. bogrovensis. ..
- PÃ¡drovÃ¡ K, ÄŒejkovÃ¡ A, Cajthaml T, KolouchovÃ¡ I, VÃtovÃ¡ M, Sigler K, et al. Enhancing the lipid productivity of yeasts with trace concentrations of iron nanoparticles. Folia Microbiol (Praha). 2016;61:329-35 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that nZVIs can be used to improve not only lipid production by oleaginous microorganisms but also the nutritional value of biosynthesized unsaturated fatty acids. ..
- Rezanka T, Lukavsky J, Nedbalová L, Sigler K. Lipidomic profile in three species of dinoflagellates (Amphidinium carterae, Cystodinium sp., and Peridinium aciculiferum) containing very long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids. Phytochemistry. 2017;139:88-97 pubmed publisher..g. PC, and, after further acylation, also of TAG. ..
- Rezanka T, Nedbalová L, Sigler K. Enantiomeric separation of triacylglycerols containing polyunsaturated fatty acids with 18 carbon atoms. J Chromatogr A. 2016;1467:261-269 pubmed publisher..5 to 60‰. The ratio of regioisomers and enantiomers was found to change with increasing salinity of the culture medium. This can be explained by variable activity of acyltransferases in cells exposed to salt stress. ..
- Å˜ezanka T, LukavskÃ½ J, VÃtovÃ¡ M, NedbalovÃ¡ L, Sigler K. Lipidomic analysis of Botryococcus (Trebouxiophyceae, Chlorophyta) - Identification of lipid classes containing very long chain fatty acids by offline two-dimensional LC-tandem MS. Phytochemistry. 2018;148:29-38 pubmed publisher..In contrast to Botryococcus, C16, a substantially lower proportion of C18 polyunsaturated fatty acids and no VLCFAs were detected in Botryosphaerella. ..
- Å˜ezanka T, PÃ¡drovÃ¡ K, Sigler K. Regioisomeric and enantiomeric analysis of triacylglycerols. Anal Biochem. 2017;524:3-12 pubmed publisher..Details of mass spectrometry of triacylglycerols are also described, especially the identification of important triacylglycerol ions such as [M + H-RCOOH]+ in atmospheric pressure chemical ionization mass spectra. ..
- Spizek J, Rezanka T. Lincosamides: Chemical structure, biosynthesis, mechanism of action, resistance, and applications. Biochem Pharmacol. 2017;133:20-28 pubmed publisher..Resistance to lincomycin and clindamycin may be caused by methylation of 23S ribosomal RNA, modification of the antibiotics by specific enzymes or active efflux from the bacterial cell. ..
- Rezanka T, Temina M, Tolstikov A, Dembitsky V. Natural microbial UV radiation filters--mycosporine-like amino acids. Folia Microbiol (Praha). 2004;49:339-52 pubmed..This review points to the role of MAAs as a natural defense against UV radiation. ..
- Rezanka T, Dembitsky V. The colleflaccinosides, two chiral bianthraquinone glycosides with antitumor activity from the lichen Collema flaccidum collected in Israel and Russia. Nat Prod Res. 2006;20:969-80 pubmed..Their structures were elucidated using UV, CD, IR, MS, 1D and 2D NMR spectral data, and chemical degradation. The colleflaccinosides B had significant antitumor activity in the crown gall tumor inhibition test. ..
- Rezanka T, Dvoráková R, Hanus L, Dembitsky V. Enteridinines A and B from slime mold Enteridium lycoperdon. Phytochemistry. 2004;65:455-62 pubmed
- Rezanka T, Kolouchová I, Gharwalova L, Palyzová A, Sigler K. Identification and Characterization of Phospholipids with Very Long Chain Fatty Acids in Brewer's Yeast. Lipids. 2017;52:1007-1017 pubmed publisher..Wild-type unmutated brewer's yeast strains conventionally used for the manufacture of food supplements were found to contain VLCFA. ..
- Rezanka T, Sigler K. Identification of very long chain unsaturated fatty acids from Ximenia oil by atmospheric pressure chemical ionization liquid chromatography-mass spectroscopy. Phytochemistry. 2007;68:925-34 pubmed..The combination of these two techniques was used to identify unusual unsaturated VLCFAs up to tetracontenoic acid. All four positional isomers of tetratriacontenoic acid were also synthesized to unambiguously confirm their structure...
- Rezanka T. Glycosides of polyenoic branched fatty acids from myxomycetes. Phytochemistry. 2002;60:639-46 pubmed..Pers., two in A. denudata (L.) Wetts., and A. nutans (Bull.) Grev., Fuligo septica (L.) Wigg., Lycogala epidendrum (L.) Fries, Physarum polycephalum Schwein., and Trichia varia Pers. contained one of the identified glycosides each...
- Å˜ezanka T, MatoulkovÃ¡ D, KyselovÃ¡ L, Sigler K. Identification of plasmalogen cardiolipins from Pectinatus by liquid chromatography-high resolution electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometry. Lipids. 2013;48:1237-51 pubmed publisher..The high resolution mass spectrometry allowed the unambiguous structural assignment of Ptd2Gro, PlsPtd2Gro, and Pls2Ptd2Gro in the three species of Pectinatus, which contain predominantly odd numbered fatty acids. ..