Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic
Country: Czech Republic
- Pravenec M, Mlejnek P, Zidek V, Landa V, Simakova M, Silhavy J, et al. Autocrine effects of transgenic resistin reduce palmitate and glucose oxidation in brown adipose tissue. Physiol Genomics. 2016;48:420-7 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence that autocrine effects of resistin attenuate differentiation and activity of BAT and thus may play a role in the pathogenesis of insulin resistance in the rat. ..
- Å ilhavÃ½ J, ZÃdek V, Landa V, Å imÃ¡kovÃ¡ M, Mlejnek P, Oliyarnyk O, et al. Rosuvastatin ameliorates inflammation, renal fat accumulation, and kidney injury in transgenic spontaneously hypertensive rats expressing human C-reactive protein. Physiol Res. 2015;64:295-301 pubmed..These findings provide evidence that, in the presence of high CRP levels, rosuvastatin exhibits significant anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidative, and renoprotective effects. ..
- Pravenec M, Landa V, Zidek V, Mlejnek P, Silhavy J, Mir S, et al. Effects of transgenic expression of dopamine beta hydroxylase (Dbh) gene on blood pressure in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Physiol Res. 2016;65:1039-1044 pubmed
- Pravenec M, Zidek V, Landa V, Simakova M, Mlejnek P, Silhavy J, et al. Age-related autocrine diabetogenic effects of transgenic resistin in spontaneously hypertensive rats: gene expression profile analysis. Physiol Genomics. 2011;43:372-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that with increasing age autocrine effects of resistin in fat tissue may predispose to diabetes in part by impairing insulin action in adipose tissue. ..
- Pravenec M, Kren V, Szpirer C, Szpirer J. Assignment of the cellular retinol binding protein 1 (Rbp1) and hepatic lipase (Lipc) genes to rat chromosome 8. Folia Biol (Praha). 1997;43:97-9 pubmed..The current findings extend homologies between rat chromosome 8, mouse chromosome 9, and human chromosomes 3q and 15q. ..
- Pravenec M, Kazdova L, Landa V, Zidek V, Mlejnek P, Jansa P, et al. Transgenic and recombinant resistin impair skeletal muscle glucose metabolism in the spontaneously hypertensive rat. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:45209-15 pubmed
- Pravenec M, Kajiya T, Zidek V, Landa V, Mlejnek P, Simakova M, et al. Effects of human C-reactive protein on pathogenesis of features of the metabolic syndrome. Hypertension. 2011;57:731-7 pubmed publisher..These findings are consistent with the hypothesis that increased CRP is more than just a marker of inflammation and can directly promote multiple features of the metabolic syndrome. ..
- Pravenec M, Zidek V, Musilova A, Vorlicek J, Kren V, St Lezin E, et al. Genetic isolation of a blood pressure quantitative trait locus on chromosome 2 in the spontaneously hypertensive rat. J Hypertens. 2001;19:1061-4 pubmed..The objective of the current study was to directly test for the presence of a blood pressure QTL on rat chromosome 2...
- Pravenec M, Zidek V, Musilova A, Kren V, Bila V, Di Nicolantonio R. Chromosomal mapping of a major quantitative trait locus regulating compensatory renal growth in the rat. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2000;11:1261-5 pubmed
- Pravenec M, Landa V, Zidek V, Musilova A, Kazdova L, Qi N, et al. Transgenic expression of CD36 in the spontaneously hypertensive rat is associated with amelioration of metabolic disturbances but has no effect on hypertension. Physiol Res. 2003;52:681-8 pubmed