Marios A Cariolou
Affiliation: The Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics
- Allele distribution of 15 STR loci used for human identity purposes in the Greek Cypriot population of the island of CyprusMarios A Cariolou
Laboratory of Forensic Genetics and Molecular Genetics Department B, Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics, Airport Av No 6, 2370 Nicosia, Republic of Cyprus
Forensic Sci Int 164:75-8. 2006....
- Low HDL Cholesterol, Smoking and IL-13 R130Q Polymorphism are Associated with Myocardial Infarction in Greek Cypriot Males. A Pilot StudyXenophontos Stavroulla
Department of Cardiovascular Genetics and The Laboratory of Forensic Genetics, The Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics, Nicosia, Cyprus
Open Cardiovasc Med J 2:52-9. 2008..The IL-13 R130Q variant, or another locus, linked to it, may increase the risk of MI...
- Sex-specific age association with primary DNA transferPanayiotis Manoli
Laboratory of Forensic Genetics, The Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics, 6 Airport Avenue, 2370, Nicosia, Cyprus
Int J Legal Med 130:103-12. 2016..A statistically significant association was demonstrated between percent DNA profile deposited on plastic tubes, through unwashed hands, and the age of male individuals. ..
- The bradykinin beta 2 receptor (BDKRB2) and endothelial nitric oxide synthase 3 (NOS3) genes and endurance performance during Ironman TriathlonsColleen J Saunders
MRC UCT Research Unit for Exercise Science and Sports Medicine of the Medical Research Council of South Africa, University of Cape Town, South Africa
Hum Mol Genet 15:979-87. 2006..6% of the variance in the overall race time for the triathlon. In conclusion, both the NOS3 and BDKRB2 genes are associated with the actual performance during the Ironman Triathlons...
- Mitochondrial control region sequences from northern Greece and Greek CypriotsJodi Irwin
Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, 20850, Rockville, MD, USA
Int J Legal Med 122:87-9. 2008..The samples from northern Greece have been previously typed for 15 nuclear short tandem repeat (STR; Kovatsi et al., Forensic Sci. Int. 159:61-63, 2006)...